Mini Bar Exchange

dhdoug

22 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Our Minibar setup came from our newly-acquired elite status and not from us having the drink package, so yes, we were easily able to swap it out for soft drinks. We never had a minibar setup as platinum et al, so there was nothing to swap out back then. The options for cans is pretty much what the ship normally has in the bars and restaurants. We ended up with a mix of Diet Sprite for her and regular Coke for me. Other can jump in with their experience with other soda brands.

Thank you. We are elite as well, and normally don't get the plus package because we don't drink that much, but will have it on our upcoming cruise,  and normally trade the mini bar for coffee packages, but since the plus includes the coffee package, this would make sense to trade out for soft drink or water for the room. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Exactly what we did on the Enchanted last month. Our room steward was nearby so we asked him to swap out the little bottles, (useless for us with the Premier Package) to diet sodas. A few hours later, he'd set everything up.

Everyone:  Your Steward has to call Room Service, so just call them yourselves to request the swap items.

• Thanks 1

In the past, my friend and I shared a cabin (both Elite).  One Mini bar setup was always already in the cabin when we arrived, and I always called to switch to coffee package, and each of us was given a package.  Current booking, I booked solo.  Before I started my cruise, posts in CC told me if I exchange my mini-bar, I will get 2 packages of 15 coffee.  I embarked Discovery Princess yesterday.  Same contents of mini-bar set up was in my cabin.  I called to exchange to coffee package, and was expecting two 15 coffee package.  This morning I went to get my coffee, and I was told I will only get one 15 coffee package.  I checked with Guest Service and Int'l cafe manager, and was told by both that one mini bar setup will only get one package if only 1 person in the cabin.  Interestingly, when 2 of us, there were only 20 items, and can get two packages.  Now by myself, still 20 items, but only 1 package.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Thank you. We are elite as well, and normally don't get the plus package because we don't drink that much, but will have it on our upcoming cruise,  and normally trade the mini bar for coffee packages, but since the plus includes the coffee package, this would make sense to trade out for soft drink or water for the room. 

It wouldn't make sense to trade it for water since bottled water, including sparkling, is included with the drink package. When I had the Plus package, I gave away my canned sodas, drank the two beers (for convenience sake), and brought home the mini bottles of liquor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

..... one mini bar setup will only get one package if only 1 person in the cabin.  ....

I got 2 coffee pkgs on September 2, 2022 but only 1 was activated at a time. Not an issue on a week cruise but I still ran out on the 15 day cruise. Even with 2 pkgs

9 hours ago, geoherb said:

It wouldn't make sense to trade it for water since bottled water, including sparkling, is included with the drink package. When I had the Plus package, I gave away my canned sodas, drank the two beers (for convenience sake), and brought home the mini bottles of liquor. 

Ah, yeah, if bottled water is available as part of the package, then yes.  Probably just soda cans then. 

We took our first Celebrity cruise recently, and one thing I really liked on Celebrity is that all of their soft drinks were cans, no soda guns.  I wish Princes would switch to that.

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Ah, yeah, if bottled water is available as part of the package, then yes.  Probably just soda cans then. 

We took our first Celebrity cruise recently, and one thing I really liked on Celebrity is that all of their soft drinks were cans, no soda guns.  I wish Princes would switch to that.

I have always found Princess’s policy strange compared to their competitors.  They also do not offer a Caffeine Free Diet Coke/Pepsi option.