Any chance of Cheers sale?

ober134

4 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

Stupid question but here goes.  How much is Cheers! when I purchase once on board?  I have $600 on board credit ($300 for me & $300 for hubby) and want to use it towards Cheers!

Cheers is 5 dollars more per person per day on board(64.95 pp per day). The good news is you can now use that 600 dollars in advance to purchase cheers at the better preboarding price. When you add cheers to your cart and check out it will advise you of the ability to use your OBC.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If lowering price increases sales of cheers resulting in more revenue.... then yes

Increased sales has nothing to do with it. From an Economics 101 standpoint, it is necessary to compare the Marginal Revenue to the Marginal Cost. Lower price, higher revenue is not always what it is cracked up to be.

14 hours ago, RD64 said:

Increased sales has nothing to do with it. From an Economics 101 standpoint, it is necessary to compare the Marginal Revenue to the Marginal Cost. Lower price, higher revenue is not always what it is cracked up to be.

Yes.... except the markup is so much on drinks that in the price range we are talking about, higher revenue is a suitable surrogate endpoint for profit. 

The only caveat is they need to keep the price of cheers above the level where, on average, customers pay more for cheers than they would if they had to pay out of pocket for drinks. 

Empty cabins are by far the worst case.  Many cruise ship costs are fixed.  Staff, fuel, the mortgage on the ship.  Except for actual drinks poured are 100% variable, and maybe frozen steaks thawed and cooked.    Several of us are baffled by the RU1 promotion.  Is the idea to fill an empty cabin, or convert a guest to a regular Cheers buyer?  Or both?  Cheers is a lovely revenue stream I'm sure.  

On 10/31/2022 at 10:44 PM, lasvegascruising said:

Stupid question but here goes.  How much is Cheers! when I purchase once on board?  I have $600 on board credit ($300 for me & $300 for hubby) and want to use it towards Cheers!

Its like $65 Per a day so depending on the length of the cruise its like $500 PP for the cruise.