Buffet breakfast question

Kay S

I have just seen a YouTube video of the breakfast buffet on Discovery.  They had the little individual cereal boxes.  For awhile, they were serving cereal loose in a bowl.  I will be thrilled if I find Tony the Tiger on a little box on my Discovery cruise next month.  Is this fleet wide now?

They had different varieties of both boxes and loose in a dispenser on the Discovery buffet this summer. The boxes seemed to go fast.

After trying to feed my 6 year old a second dinner/snack at 10 pm (when the kids camp closes). The idea of stashing a box of cereal in the room for a late night snack seems genius.

Room service breakfast is an interesting idea to try….I can’t vouch for the success of that for getting a box.

Several years ago Princess said they were phasing out the individual cereal boxes to reduce paper and plastic use. In other words, less negative effect on the environment.

Then Covid-19 reared it's ugly head and Princess kept the individual cereal boxes in order to reduce the possibility of transferring the virus by using jars of cereal that many people would touch.

I do not know the current Princess thought about keeping the individual boxes.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you don't find it in the buffet, Room Service might have them.  Order several to stash in your room.  You can always take them up to the Buffet to get the milk.

We ‘stash’ some cereal, milk, bowls and spoons to eat breakfast in the cabin on disembarkation day. Room service not available and lets us avoid the crush in the buffet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

We always loved the cereal in boxes. It was great to take for a snack later in the day when at the beach.

Best snack is to grab a couple of bags of popcorn from MUTS and take them back to the cabin.  I used to save a bag to take to the bar the next day to have with a before dinner cocktail.  It would be nice if the bars offered some sort of bar mix, but I guess that's a casualty of COVID and cost cutting.

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

On Coral in September the breakfast cereals in Horizon Court were loose in see through containers, like a gumb ball machine.lol.

Same for Island this past October.  Cereals in a dispenser.  I didn't see any of the boxes.   

When I get an urge for cornflakes with sliced banana, nothing can stop me!  haha.   

• Like 1