Beyond non revenue Nov 4-8

TrueCruiseaholic

Just curious as to who has been invited that is not a travel agent. 

Just met a couple who are Classic Captain's Club but Sapphire Blue Chip who will be on all four days.

As far as I know, no Captain's Club / Loyalty guests invited. With the Solstice Class, some loyalty guests would be invited to such an event. The bar would vary depending upon what country you were from.

I know a family who sails in suites who were invited with Edge in 2018.

Other than travel agents, I expect it's mostly influencers and the like, not the people who ACTUALLY sail on Celebrity.

Please inform me if I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Just met a couple who are Classic Captain's Club but Sapphire Blue Chip who will be on all four days.

Currently on the Beyond. We are Elite+ and my husband is Sapphire with BCC. We didn't get any emails about the preview cruises. I don't think your assumption that those are the qualifications are correct. 

23 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Currently on the Beyond. We are Elite+ and my husband is Sapphire with BCC. We didn't get any emails about the preview cruises. I don't think your assumption that those are the qualifications are correct. 

It is not a qualification. That is my point. There does not seem to be a system for this. The VIPs on a VIP cruise are not necessarily randomly chosen, but the system for choosing them is extremely opaque.

To rephrase: I'm sure there are Sapphire guests who may have gambled more money than said Sapphire guests but the "higher Sapphires" were not invited.

Edited by TrueCruiseaholic

The qualifications don’t need to be known.  No one is entitled to be included. It’s their ship,  their choice as to who gets invited.   No different than when you or I have a event we can invite who we want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope whoever is on board leaves her in great shape..we board on Nov 8th

Maybe it's for travel agents or those active on U Tube or FB,.,promotes the ship.

Or just a great party for  friends and family...the fundraiser is a nice idea!

2 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

It is not a qualification. That is my point. There does not seem to be a system for this. The VIPs on a VIP cruise are not necessarily randomly chosen, but the system for choosing them is extremely opaque.

To rephrase: I'm sure there are Sapphire guests who may have gambled more money than said Sapphire guests but the "higher Sapphires" were not invited.

Excuse me, but why do you even care?? You seem rather upset about somehow being left out??

Good grief...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Just curious as to who has been invited that is not a travel agent. 

As far as I know, no Captain's Club / Loyalty guests invited. With the Solstice Class, some loyalty guests would be invited to such an event. The bar would vary depending upon what country you were from.

I know a family who sails in suites who were invited with Edge in 2018.

Other than travel agents, I expect it's mostly influencers and the like, not the people who ACTUALLY sail on Celebrity.

Please inform me if I'm wrong.

These are called trade events/trade cruises/media cruises/etc. They are not loyalty events to give frequent passengers a free cruise as a thank you. 

A lot has changed in the past 10 years since the last S class ship rolled out. They are looking for the maximum amount of (mostly free) exposure and to build awareness among the people who are actually selling these cruises. Celebrity hosts and participates in all sorts of social events around Miami and Fort Lauderdale that you are also probably not invited. No reason to be sour over it. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

What is your definition of "ACTUALLY sail on Celebrity"? If you're going to say it's an older demographic that has time & money? That might have been true in the past, and maybe still is right now but that demographic is getting long in the tooth and is getting smaller. X is making a conscious decision to lower the age demographic so that the next gen of cruisers will be around a lot longer. As such, I fully expect influencers to be at the top of any guest list.

Do I like it? No, but then that's because I'm a grumpy old arse. 😁

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope whoever is on board leaves her in great shape..we board on Nov 8th

Maybe it's for travel agents or those active on U Tube or FB,.,promotes the ship.

Or just a great party for  friends and family...the fundraiser is a nice idea!

I’ll be onboard the trade cruise and will be sure to leave her in good shape. We rejoin the ship December 8th so looking forward to previewing The Beyond  for a few days. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 5:32 PM, kwokpot said:

I'm just a lowly Zenith and have never received an invite either but have heard of people with other levels and know someone have been invited.   I guess it pays to know the right people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1