The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday November 2nd, 2022

richwmn

To go along with today's theme - many years ago, DH & I bought plots in at a local cemetery. Fast forward to just a few years ago, when we decided that we both wanted our ashes interred in the columbarium at our church, surrounded by our friends and church family. When we sold the plots, we were floored  by the amount we received, including interest on the money we had paid long ago....put the money towards our Tahiti cruise!😁

DS & I went to do early voting this evening - no line, yay! Afterwards, we celebrated by going to a yummy Salvadorian restaurant for dinner. Also bought some Powerball tickets -- gotta play to dream!

• Like 10

Good evening all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and the Fleet report.  

The collection of days are pretty morose.  We celebrate All Souls Day as devout Catholics, However, we will pass on the Day of the Dead and Planning my epitaph.

I like the quote and will pass on the meal.

Have never been to Japan.

The wine sounds nice.

And now for my news.

For a change, things seem to be looking up.

We received an updated estimate from our insurance adjuster today. His estimate is a lot closer to our contractor’s.  Also, he was incommunicado because of a family emergency.  His father had a massive heart attack and he was out of the office.  

He has given me the money for the rent and extra.  We have sufficient to start the repair project and work will start very soon.  The projected end date is mid January. 

This is the first day that I feel there is some hope and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

We are delighted that work will begin and our home will be restored to its previous condition.

thank you all for your words of support and your prayers.

We will move forward.

I have been so wrapped up in our situation that I have not been reading the posts.  i have to go back for a few days.  I see that there are many who have family members with issues.  My prayers are with all of you.  

I am still trying to deal with he email situation.  i am trying to update our emails to outlook.com.  I am still having problems with DH’s email.  There was a man nearby that I used to call when i needed help.  I went to call him today and found out that he passed away.  So I do no have a recourse.

i hope everyone had a great day.  You are all in my prayers.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 12

I may have said this before.  I just love autocorrect -- NOT!  DH texted me to bring him some dental floss tomorrow, only autocorrect changed it to bring him some "demo falls". 🤣

More progress this afternoon.  Part of the therapy is preparing DH to go home.  Today, the therapist had me come along to watch and to amswer some questions about the car I'll use when the time comes.  They have a mock up of a car to practice getting in and out.  DH had no problems with that.  They even had a "driver" at the wheel, a dressed skeleton.  My home work was to measure how high off the ground the car seats are.

While DH has come a long way in less than a week, there are still areas where he needs a lot of help.  My guess is they will begin working on those areas once he is more stable standing and walking.

9 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good moroning everyone. I was unable to log in until now. This is the first time this happened to me. I tried from my ipad and desk top Dell and just now went to the main CC page, hit my picture and it asked me to log in from there. Then it gave me a list of all the CC topics and that is how I got here today.

Off to the oncologist for a routine check up. Tomorrow I get a cortisone injection for my SI jpoint pain. It's been keeping me up at night and no amount of pain killesconrs are working.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Carol, I hope the cortisone shot does the trick.

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser,Lenda , DH is making excellent progress  and I am so pleased to hear it.Wonderful news.

It is good news, but as you know there are a lot of different areas to cover before a patient is released.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9

30 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening all.

The collection of days are pretty morose.  We celebrate All Souls Day as devout Catholics, However, we will pass on the Day of the Dead and Planning my epitaph.

The wine sounds nice.

And now for my news.

We received an updated estimate from our insurance adjuster today. His estimate is a lot closer to our contractor’s.  Also, he was incommunicado because of a family emergency.  His father had a massive heart attack and he was out of the office.  

He has given me the money for the rent and extra.  We have sufficient to start the repair project and work will start very soon.  The projected end date is mid January. 

This is the first day that I feel there is some hope and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

We are delighted that work will begin and our home will be restored to its previous condition.

We will move forward.

I have been so wrapped up in our situation that I have not been reading the posts.  i have to go back for a few days.  I see that there are many who have family members with issues.  My prayers are with all of you.  

I am still trying to deal with he email situation.  i am trying to update our emails to outlook.com.  I am still having problems with DH’s email.  There was a man nearby that I used to call when i needed help.  I went to call him today and found out that he passed away.  So I do no have a recourse.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I glad to hear that things are finally moving in the right direction, and the adjuster came back with a more reasonable estimate.  I'm sorry his father had a masssive heart attack and hope he is recovering.  Still, someone at the insurance company should have let you and your contractor know what the situation was.

Lenda

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I may have said this before.  I just love autocorrect -- NOT!  DH texted me to bring him some dental floss tomorrow, only autocorrect changed it to bring him some "demo falls". 🤣

More progress this afternoon.  Part of the therapy is preparing DH to go home.  Today, the therapist had me come along to watch and to amswer some questions about the car I'll use when the time comes.  They have a mock up of a car to practice getting in and out.  DH had no problems with that.  They even had a "driver" at the wheel, a dressed skeleton.  My home work was to measure how high off the ground the car seats are.

While DH has come a long way in less than a week, there are still areas where he needs a lot of help.  My guess is they will begin working on those areas once he is more stable standing and walking.

Carol, I hope the cortisone shot does the trick.

It is good news, but as you know there are a lot of different areas to cover before a patient is released.

Lenda

The fact that he’s requesting dental floss (or demo falls) is a good sign! I’d be enjoying the reprieve from those mundane tasks 🤣

• Like 4

Good Afternoon from the Noordam

Not sure if this will post, between CC issues and slow internet . 
       @richwmn   The Noordam has had a change in itinerary. We are currently at sea headed to New Caledonia. Will be there on the 5th. Had a few other changes once we reach Australia, not sure that they are fine yet. It is ok, anything I see is good with me. 
  My thoughts and prayers for all that are having troubles right now. 
    Will post again after so see if this works. 

Charlene

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening all.

The wine sounds nice.

And now for my news.

We will move forward.

God Bless,

Terri

Glad to hear things are now moving forward.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@Cruzin Terri are you still planning to do your Christmas Cruise?  Also, don't forget to change the email link in your signature.

Roy

Hi Roy,

I think we will go.  It’s not like we can help with the repairs.  They don’t expect to be finished until mid-January.  

I will change the link for my Email when I change my email for Cruise Critic.  Have not gotten to it yet.

Thanks for the reminder.  Enjoy your cruise.

Terri

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I was completely turned around, wasn't I?  Yes, on the other side from the Gelato place....

Can't beat the Gelato Place on the three new ships! 🙃 Btw, see you on the K-dam for New Years

• Like 1