Asia 2024 - Something Interesting at Play....

jeremybe

15 hours ago, OysterD said:

I've been wondering the same. Currently booked on the same itinerary as you but in November and as things currently stand I don't see it going ahead, or at least not the Hong Kong portion. Problem is if it were to start and end in Singapore a lot of the other ports will have to be cancelled/changed. I'm not sure there would be enough time to get to Ha Long and back to Singapore unless several intermediate ports were skipped and several more sea days added.

We were due to do HK to Singapore in Feb 2020 on Millennium. Before they cancelled this completely they gave us a fair bit of notice that HK was cancelled and we’d start & finish in Singapore. The rest of the itinerary was pretty much the same and still going to a Halong Bay. However, they pulled the whole cruise 2 days before we were due to fly out to Singapore!!

3 hours ago, ela123 said:

I’ve just had a look and can see that there’s a Japan cruise on the Millennium 21 April 24 available to book. Could it just be that all the in between cruises are full?

They are not full, they are marked as “Closed” in the booking system. So something is happening. 

24 minutes ago, vhojm said:

Looks like they have loaded in the schedule for Millennium and Solstice through to April 2025, Millennium doing Japan cruises year round. 11:30pm in Australia so wonder if this is an error?

Yes I saw that it's interesting The Captain and retreat host on the Summit  kept saying Millie coming to NJ they were very sure of that we shall see although we know that captains have been wrong before.

My November 2023 cruise Singapore to HK still available and lots of tours to choose. I am planning on booking the flights this week so better go ahead. If i leave it I will miss the airmiles seats.

Interesting about the Millenium. We are on her to Japan 9th April 2024. A lot of the roll call were hoping to sail back to America after that cruise on a Pan Pacific. 

Crossing my fingers

P.S the Japan prices have sky rocketed

5 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

My November 2023 cruise Singapore to HK still available and lots of tours to choose. I am planning on booking the flights this week so better go ahead. If i leave it I will miss the airmiles seats.

Interesting about the Millenium. We are on her to Japan 9th April 2024. A lot of the roll call were hoping to sail back to America after that cruise on a Pan Pacific. 

Crossing my fingers

P.S the Japan prices have sky rocketed

Just an FYI, the 9th April 2024 on Millennium is marked as “Closed” in the internal booking system which usually means that a cancellation will be coming. 

Edited by Cruise Gopher
Clarify
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:08 PM, NMTraveller said:

I am on a cruise during the same time period just on the Millenium.  Going from Singapore to Bali.  The excursions are almost non-existent leading me to believe that something is up  at least for my cruise...

Correction, even the Halong Bay tours are available for my sailing.  Somehow I missed it and the overnight tour is already sold out!

image.thumb.png.fed32d6253f215936f85bc9bb116f855.png

• Like 1

I'm seeing excursions available for my March 2024 Japan Cruise that is currently "Locked" so I don't think excursions are any indication of what's going on.. 

As long as they let me know before flights go on sale I'm happy - I've now rescheduled multiple times and been hit with way too much $$ in airline change and cancellation fees - Cathay Pacific was horrible with their change fees...

15 hours ago, jeremybe said:

I'm seeing excursions available for my March 2024 Japan Cruise that is currently "Locked" so I don't think excursions are any indication of what's going on.. 

As long as they let me know before flights go on sale I'm happy - I've now rescheduled multiple times and been hit with way too much $$ in airline change and cancellation fees - Cathay Pacific was horrible with their change fees...

I know what you mean.  I lost $$ on airline fees for the last round of cancellations.  I hope that they cancel before 330 days out if they are going to.

Millennium will be deployed to Asia year round in 2024-25 as per the below.  The first sailing listed for Millie on this new announcement is April 21, 2024 so perhaps they are modifying/cancelling  the preceding 4 cruises to allow for a drydock? March 4th, 16th, 28th and April 9th all show “closed” in travel agent system. 

CEL_2024_25_Itinerary_Reference_Guide.pdf

On 11/8/2022 at 6:59 AM, pamkev said:

Yes I saw that it's interesting The Captain and retreat host on the Summit  kept saying Millie coming to NJ they were very sure of that we shall see although we know that captains have been wrong before.

Not Millennium. Eclipse will be in NJ doing 7/8 night Bermuda, Boston/Maine/Canada and 9/10 night Caribbean from FLL during winter 24/25. 

We have two cabins on the March 16,2024. Southern Japan on the Millennium. Have not heard a peep!  They just offered more excursions in Kyoto,etc.  sure hope there is a decision soon, we’ll before making air reservations!

6 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Not Millennium. Eclipse will be in NJ doing 7/8 night Bermuda, Boston/Maine/Canada and 9/10 night Caribbean from FLL during winter 24/25. 

That's interesting would be looking at that when the sailings come up do you think it's going to do the repo to Iceland and then back to Boston like Summit did

We had Japan cruises for 2021 and then 2022 canceled so we tried 2023 and X said things were to unsettled so they canceled that.

We are going to try Azamara as it has a 15 day cruise around Japan in April 2023. Hope to see the Cherry Blossoms as it has 14 ports in 15 days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D. B. said:

We had Japan cruises for 2021 and then 2022 canceled so we tried 2023 and X said things were to unsettled so they canceled that.

We are going to try Azamara as it has a 15 day cruise around Japan in April 2023. Hope to see the Cherry Blossoms as it has 14 ports in 15 days.

Which one did they cancel?

Spring 2023 was cancelled. We were booked April 2023.

You can currently holiday in Japan and I have friends skiing there this ski season.

I have just booked my Business Class flights to Singapore next November using airpoints (cancel label for a £30 fee). Will look at hotels too but only refundable (which have a premium but can be reviewed). 

Amazed by some of the dark rumours on the board. 

We are booked on B2B in 2023 for the Sept 15 Transpacific from Vancouver to Tokyo and the Sept 30 Best of Japan. The Transpacific is still listed on Celebrity’s website, but the Sept 30 cruise has disappeared from celebrity website, along with all other Oct Japan cruise that followed. Our Sept 30 booking is still active and there are bootable shore excursions .
Nov 5 is the next cruise shown for Milennium, following the transpacific, for the Best of Southern Japan. Something definitely seems to be up!

Cruisegohper, what can you see Oct 2023? And what does it mean when a cruise is “closed”?

Thanks!

Tammy