Question Regarding Jacksonville Florida

GranysT

I pick from the group of hotels near the airport, there are aabout 5 close to each other and restaurants are within walking distance.  Takes about 15 minutes to get to port.  In December I am booked at Hilton Garden Inn.

3 hours ago, GranysT said:

I have a cruise booked, sailing out of Jacksonville for first time.  What hotels are closest to port?

We always stay at the Marriott it is just past the port off 295, plenty of places to choose from for eating and it only took us 15mins to get to the port

When we cruise out of Jacksonville, we stay around Brunswick GA or Kingsland GA. We can get a room there and drive to the port and pay for parking for close to the same price as a park and cruise hotel in Jacksonville. The plus side is that the car is in a secure lot and we are not waiting for a shuttle, taxi, or ride share.

• Like 4

the JAX cruise terminal is kinda in the sticks .... in the commercial port area of Jax .....

There is a Holiday Inn express / suites about a mile from the terminal but besides that you've got to go a bit to find options and food . .  .

image.thumb.png.fcf3afbc4057f619ecd6aa6c5dca9ae0.png

the airport is about 8 miles away (NE) and there are a couple of hotels and chain food places but the airport is small so there's not a TON like you'd find near Orlando.

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1

Well, I think there is plenty around the airport.  I have often stayed at the Hampton Inn, and right there is Zaxbys, Longhorn, Ruby Tuesday and further down Waffle House and Dennys.  Drive under I95 and turn right at the light and your are in River City Marketplace with Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Bostons, Chilis and more fast food places.  EM

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

When we cruise out of Jacksonville, we stay around Brunswick GA or Kingsland GA. We can get a room there and drive to the port and pay for parking for close to the same price as a park and cruise hotel in Jacksonville. The plus side is that the car is in a secure lot and we are not waiting for a shuttle, taxi, or ride share.

We do the same.