Guest in Lounges

addie

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I might be .We walked toward an end of the ship,I cannot recall the deck.There were crew members outside the entrance to the lounge checking sea pass cards.We said we are going to the religious service and we were allowed in.It was a right turn for approximately 20 feet .After we exited our friends called to us and we sat with them .They referred to the lounge solely as the DL.

DL is forward next to the theater, CL is all the way aft.

And to add to the mix I think that the cruise lines should require guests to cruise a certain amount (don't have any ideas on how much) in order to maintain their status, especially for the upper tiers  

I'm sure this is not a popular idea😇

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I might be .We walked toward an end of the ship,I cannot recall the deck.There were crew members outside the entrance to the lounge checking sea pass cards.We said we are going to the religious service and we were allowed in.It was a right turn for approximately 20 feet .After we exited our friends called to us and we sat with them .They referred to the lounge solely as the DL.

To begin with I'm not personally familiar with Anthem. But I'd guess you wrre never in a Lounge. 

Maybe the Conference Center on 13

Screenshot_20221111-133526_Chrome.thumb.jpg.070d0867c8a3912c8545d9c64e1d4af5.jpg

CL is on Deck 12 below. Don't see any rooms off of it

Screenshot_20221111-133458_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cabb378758a2cfb955b0efe6de1cf3f7.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

And to add to the mix I think that the cruise lines should require guests to cruise a certain amount (don't have any ideas on how much) in order to maintain their status, especially for the upper tiers  

I'm sure this is not a popular idea😇

274 days😉😇

• Haha 2

I actually don't get it.  

The DL is...IMHO...boring, over crowded, and you still have to use your drink vouchers. 

I use it for coffee in the morning, but only if the CL/SL machine is broken.    

I love...love..the new voucher program.  Why do I need to go into a small lounge to use them?  Too many other interesting venues all around the ship to use them at.  Happy hour is any hour...at any lounge/bar.  🙂 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I actually don't get it.  

The DL is...IMHO...boring, over crowded, and you still have to use your drink vouchers. 

I love...love..the new voucher program.  Why do I need to go into a small lounge to use them?  Too many other interesting venues all around the ship to use them at.  Happy hour is any hour...at any lounge/bar.  🙂 

They've definitely lost their luster for us. We used to hang out after breakfast waiting on cabin to be cleaned, but now Laura asks for only 1 service a day, dinner. So we come and go as we please.

#vouchersrock

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

DL is forward next to the theater, CL is all the way aft.

Is that the only DL on the ship because it was definitely a lounge .They had food and beverages.When we left we told the crew members at the door that we stopped to spend some time with our friends.I am visibly disabled.Perhaps seeing this they did not have a problem .I have no idea.

It is a moot point now and does not warrant further discussion.😀

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They've definitely lost their luster for us. We used to hang out after breakfast waiting on cabin to be cleaned, but now Laura asks for only 1 service a day, dinner. So we come and go as we please.

#vouchersrock

Totally agree.  The two times over the last four weeks that I have ventured into the DL here on Wonder, was due to the SL coffee machine being out of milk for my morning Latte.  Both times the machines (both of them) were messed up in the DL.  The pax in there were actually quite rude trying to elbow their way to those machines, only to find them not usable.  

I have since found I can pick up a carton or two of milk at Park Cafe to keep in my fridge, if the SL is out of milk in the machine.  Problem solved.  😉 

When cabin being cleaned in the morning...we do our "ship walk" all over this huge vessel...always an interesting venture.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

I actually don't get it.  

My reasons to visit the DL ...

Bars are crowded, often more than DL.

Bars are noisy.

Bars play LOUD music.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  The two times over the last four weeks that I have ventured into the DL here on Wonder, was due to the SL coffee machine being out of milk for my morning Latte.  Both times the machines (both of them) were messed up in the DL.  The pax in there were actually quite rude trying to elbow their way to those machines, only to find them not usable.  

I have since found I can pick up a carton or two of milk at Park Cafe to keep in my fridge, if the SL is out of milk in the machine.  Problem solved.  😉 

When cabin being cleaned in the morning...we do our "ship walk" all over this huge vessel...always an interesting venture.  

I have grabbed creamer in Cafe Promenade. Put it in a coffee cup with a lid for use with Lavazza machine in the suite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Is that the only DL on the ship because it was definitely a lounge .They had food and beverages.When we left we told the crew members at the door that we stopped to spend some time with our friends.I am visibly disabled.Perhaps seeing this they did not have a problem .I have no idea.

It is a moot point now and does not warrant further discussion.😀

I don't know, seems we have a new entitlement to discuss. But I'm not biting.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

My reasons to visit the DL ...

Bars are crowded, often more than DL.

Bars are noisy.

Bars play LOUD music.

I am enjoying a glass of wine on my balcony right now.  Not too crowded or noisy here either...but I need Bucky to move his feet a bit to let me share the foot stool.  😄 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I have grabbed creamer in Cafe Promenade. Put it in a coffee cup with a lid for use with Lavazza machine in the suite

That's true...could do that as well.   Park Cafe just ended up being so convenient to grab one of those little sealed pints of milk to stash in the fridge.  I actually prefer milk (as is in the machines) to cream.  

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Oasis tried a DL in the dining room before they moved it back to deck 11

7 hours ago, topnole said:

Ever since the retrofits on Oasis I’ve either been Sky or star class.  So I haven’t  stepped in the DL on Oasis since maybe 2013 or 14.  Once I did sky class and experienced the CK/SL, it was hard

to go back.  

For anyone reading this who might be confused, since The Amplification, the DL on Oasis is now on Deck Four, forward, like most of the other O-class ships.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, topnole said:

Ever since the retrofits on Oasis I’ve either been Sky or star class.  So I haven’t  stepped in the DL on Oasis since maybe 2013 or 14.  Once I did sky class and experienced the CK/SL, it was hard

to go back.  

I know what you mean.  We have only done Sky class but if the ship has a Coastal Kitchen, my wife insist that we dine there so we've only done Sky suite since then on Oasis and Quantum class ships.  

On our most recent Enchantment cruise, we were in CL during the day, enjoying the peace and quiet, when the door opened and two couples walked in.  The noise level shot up, and it became apparent that one couple were bringing non-D friends in.  Ongoing calls across the room about the sandwiches, cookies, beverages, then all repeated, urging the visitors to take some more. Then the guests came close to breaking the coffee machine through unfamiliarity, then the door, due to unfamiliarity, and perhaps the thrill (or nervousness?) of being in someone else's private club.

IMO, admittance is an earned privilege, not to be abused.

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just bring your fiancee.... I'm not a homewrecker, she needs to be on board with the negotiations!!! 😉

Not technically a fiancee at this point. 😄

But, no problem.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 7:48 AM, orville99 said:

Have her call RCL and have a C&A account number created before your sail date. If she shares your address, have her linked to your C&A account number and she will get your status. Either way, having a C&A account before she sails is to her benefit.

I love the creativity here!