Guest in Lounges

addie

Okay, I think I found something and it was right there all along.  Just needed to keep on reading.  However, it still leaves a question in my mind.  To me, what it say, "receive equivalent tier status" doesn't mean any more than their Set Sail Card will only say the they are Diamond or above (excluding Pinnacle).  It doesn't necessarily say that they can receive the benefits of Diamond, like entering the Diamond Lounge, free drinks, etc., (and I freely admit that my interpretation/logic could be totally wrong) , only the status.   AND it says, "Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above ".  So, if the spouse and/or child(ren) don't accompany one spouse or parent, they don't get the points for the sailing missed, just status if it changed on that cruise.  That mean if a status of marriage change or child(ren) turn 18, the points are only accumulated for the actual cruises taken after that change of age or marital status.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf :

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program. For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other.

Edited by Ret MP

6 hours ago, beachnag said:

again this is earned, that being said my cruise in October had one person was diamond and he had 6 other people with him,  if one of them left he would give them his pass to  get back in. when other diamond members  and above came in  no where to sit!!!

I am surprised you did not say something to the concierge or that the concierge did not notice what was happening and put an immediate end to it. 

This is why we can't have nice things.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am surprised you did not say something to the concierge or that the concierge did not notice what was happening and put an immediate end to it. 

This is why we can't have nice things.  

Very surprised the concierge didn't put a stop to this.  Really hard to believe since it isn't unlimited drinks in the DL anymore.  Appetizers aren't worth the embarrassment of being thrown out.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Very surprised the concierge didn't put a stop to this.  Really hard to believe since it isn't unlimited drinks in the DL anymore.  Appetizers aren't worth the embarrassment of being thrown out.

True but from the reports I have read here, the Diamond Lounge sounds like a nice quiet place for a small group to gather and hang out with each other.  I know we like the peace and quiet of the lounges. 

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

True but from the reports I have read here, the Diamond Lounge sounds like a nice quiet place for a small group to gather and hang out with each other.  I know we like the peace and quiet of the lounges. 

From their posts, it looks like they were on Mariner, which is a hard DL to get a table for 2, let alone 7 during happy hour.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

From their posts, it looks like they were on Mariner, which is a hard DL to get a table for 2, let alone 7 during happy hour.

Very true - all the more reason to point this out to the concierge and have him put a stop to it.  I cannot think of a circumstance where I would have remained silent about this. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Believe what you want. I became a full blown Pinnacle with only around 350 'actual' points.

I don't know how you did that and I really don't care how you did that.  But, I have consistently said that there are always exceptions to virtually every rule/policy/law/edict/whatever's.  I'll add, exceptions for good and bad. But, I'm no busybody and it's not my place to ask how you did it, unless it was illegal, immoral, or fattening.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I don't know how you did that and I really don't care how you did that.  But, I have consistently said that there are always exceptions to virtually every rule/policy/law/edict/whatever's.  I'll add, exceptions for good and bad. But, I'm no busybody and it's not my place to ask how you did it, unless it was illegal, immoral, or fattening.

- He married his wife (don't know if it was before or after her first RCI cruise).  This is optional, but they technically need to have the same address.

- At some point one or the other started cruising RCI.

- Their C&A accounts were linked.

- His wife cruised more than him (or solo in a suite and him in a non-suite), gaining more points than him.

- She reached Pinnacle (700 points).

- Bam!  He's now Pinnacle (regardless of how many points he has).

• Like 2

Okaaaaaaaay!  What's interesting, it's not an exception in that case.  It's according to policy.  But, it is unique to Pinnacle.  And like I said, I really don't care how he got it unless it was illegal, immoral, or fattening. 😁

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Okaaaaaaaay!  What's interesting, it's not an exception in that case.  It's according to policy.  But, it is unique to Pinnacle.  And like I said, I really don't care how he got it unless it was illegal, immoral, or fattening. 😁

It is not unique to Pinnacle.  You should go back and read some of the links that you post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is not unique to Pinnacle.  You should go back and read some of the links that you post.

Royals POLICY is that status.  "Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.  For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other".  Note:  Children are not mentioned in Pinnacle. 

The status was to the "spouse" in accordance with their "Policy", not exception.  Show me where it was an exception if you believe it was!

8 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Royals POLICY is that status.  "Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.  For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other".  Note:  Children are not mentioned in Pinnacle. 

The status was to the "spouse" in accordance with their "Policy", not exception.  Show me where it was an exception if you believe it was!

You are confusing yourself.  No one is saying it's an exception (except maybe you 😄 )

Read what you quoted.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

If one spouse cruises more than another, both spouses get the status of the spouse with the higher points total no matter what level.  It is not unique to Pinnacle.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Answer is a big NO.  It is a place that is earned.  No guest

I totally agree with your premise, period.  And I'm all for that policy.  But, I'm asking for official documentation that backs that up and is more updated than the link I pasted as some folks seem to believe that it is too old to be valid.  Also, some folks in this thread and others are debating that Diamond, Diamond + can have friends and family come in the Diamond Lounge with them that aren't in those statuses or didn't earn the actual cruise night points for the status.

I don't know the factual answer to my doubt of the policy.  I'm just trying to get to the latest "official" documented policy if different than the one I copied and pasted.  

4 hours ago, Ret MP said:

To me, what it say, "receive equivalent tier status" doesn't mean any more than their Set Sail Card will only say the they are Diamond or above (excluding Pinnacle).  It doesn't necessarily say that they can receive the benefits of Diamond, like entering the Diamond Lounge, free drinks, etc., (and I freely admit that my interpretation/logic could be totally wrong) , only the status. 

This is the fatal flaw in your thinking.

HAVING STATUS MEANS HAVING THE BENEFITS.

If I am D+ and I do something stupid like get married again to someone who has never cruised before, my spouse would be D+ with 0 points.

My spouse would have all the D+ benefits -- access to the lounge, the free drinks, etc.

But if I then divorce that spouse, they would have only the POINTS that they had earned on their own -- they don't get access to my POINTS, only to my STATUS LEVEL.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

You are confusing yourself.  No one is saying it's an exception (except maybe you 😄 )

Read what you quoted.

And I didn't say anyone was saying it was an "exception".  I just said that I thought that it was interesting ("What's interesting") that there was such a difference between Pinnacle and others and the lack of including children in their policy.  AND, as a result, John only got what "policy" allowed.

I don't think I'm confused, at least not with the policies that I'm finding, so far.

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

This is the fatal flaw in your thinking.

HAVING STATUS MEANS HAVING THE BENEFITS.

If I am D+ and I do something stupid like get married again to someone who has never cruised before, my spouse would be D+ with 0 points.

My spouse would have all the D+ benefits -- access to the lounge, the free drinks, etc.

But if I then divorce that spouse, they would have only the POINTS that they had earned on their own -- they don't get access to my POINTS, only to my STATUS LEVEL.

And technically (assuming you unlink accounts), they (the former spouse or SO) would revert to the status that equates to their points, correct?  This (status change) would not apply to unlinking children once they reach 18.

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If one spouse cruises more than another, both spouses get the status of the spouse with the higher points total no matter what level.  It is not unique to Pinnacle.  

We are talking past each other, again.  My differentiation is that children aren't included in that "Pinnacle" policy.  Not about the spouse getting the points/status or not.