Ascent April 14th & 21st 2024 Sailings

Dar & Bob

I was just checking our sailing on the Ascent April 21st, 2024 and it is nowhere to be found.  The sailing the week before has also disappeared.  I did a chat with a Celebrity rep and they said it is marked "code red".   He said that could mean inventory maintenance, chartered booking etc.  Since it is two weeks in a row I assume it isn't a charter but we got a good price on the cruise and really hope it is still on.  

Anyone else have an experience like this?  We were told we would be notified at some point what is going on.  Hoping if nothing else they will let us move the cruise to another date with same ship and itinerary.

Edited by Dar & Bob
  • Like 1

• Dar & Bob changed the title to Ascent April 14th & 21st 2024 Sailings
35 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

We are on the April 14 sailing, until now no news from Celebrity. Thank for posting

Please let us know if you hear something.  I was looking to see what else was available since it appears the rest of 2024 has been released for some of the other ships.  Hoping they will let us lift it to another date if it is a transatlantic.

It’s closed out in the booking system. 

Typically when this happens they will let you move to another sailing at current prevailing rates. Meaning they won’t do a lift and shift and you retain your same price. 

Sometimes they will offer to allow to move to a few specific date sailings and keep your same price. 

11 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It’s closed out in the booking system. 

Typically when this happens they will let you move to another sailing at current prevailing rates. Meaning they won’t do a lift and shift and you retain your same price. 

Sometimes they will offer to allow to move to a few specific date sailings and keep your same price. 

How do you know "it's closed out"?

Just got a call from Celebrity.  I was booked on the Apr. 21st sailing.  It has indeed been cancelled.  They did offer a price protected move to either the Mar. 31st or Apr. 7th cruise.  We chose to move to the same itinerary in the same cabin on the Apr. cruise.  Received an extra $200 OBC to boot with the Black Friday offer.  I am pleased with the outcome.

• Like 1

Our TA got a email:

To accommodate an earlier Transatlantic voyage to begin Celebrity Ascent's new 2024 Europe deployment, a decision has been made to cancel the last two Caribbean sailings departing April 14, 2024, and April 21, 2024.

Celebrity Ascent April 21, 2024:

Guests may rebook on the Celebrity Ascent 7-Night San Juan, Tortola & St. Kitts Cruise departing April 7, 2024

2 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Ours now shows cancelled as well.  I am going to call to see if we can get moved - I sure hope so.  I have two more X cruises in 2023 so I hope they do right by us and our friends.

Update to my post- called and the only choice for our itinerary is April 7th which may not work for our friends 😞 any other dates are at prevailing rates.  Hubby and I may be cruising alone. We really want to try the ship and we got a great fare so April 7, 2024 it is  ....... Only 509 days away!