Executive Lounge and Concierge Lounge

CGTNORMANDIE

A convenient place to get light snacks, pastries, coffee, etc. without fighting any lines at Waves or the Terrace.

On sea days, during long voyages, I often enjoy going in and reading the WSJ and other publications, therein available, to catch up with what’s going on in the world.

Depending upon who’s working, the staff can sometimes provide useful help.

A little secret, but I have often found that when the wifi was near no existent in our cabin, reception was excellent ( for the ship) inside the Executive/Concierge Lounges. Something was juiced up there.

• Like 5

As others have said, I make use of the Concierge Lounge for coffee, tea, sodas, and snacks.  Also available are two desktop pcs tied to a printer.  And the hosting Concierge has been most helpful for onshore questions, and to coordinate “special requests”.   We enjoy O immensely.

Personally I would not choose a concierge stateroom over the non-concierge staterooms of the verandah type, on the basis of what is included. (Unless you need a specific location due to access or seasickness)

1. Better verandahs are available non-concierge.

2. The champagne is not of the quality to merit the extra expense.

3. Tote bag? Not sure but has not been available.

4. Advance choice of specialty restaurants. We have done concierge and non-concierge and have had our choices with no disappointment. We have been able to use the staff member by customer service to change times, add reservations, switch restaurants.

That leaves the lounges. We prefer the library, baristas, the computer areas as much more pleasant areas to read, use computers, eat snacks and have superior coffees. Snacks in the lounges were not appetizing to us. An inboard, non windowed room does not appeal to us.

Just our opinion.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Robjame said:

An inboard, non windowed room does not appeal to us.

Right here I think you hit on my biggest reason for not using the area. Obviously the powers that be don't see it as a concern as they didn't make any changes on the Vista. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I prefer Barristas  for the coffee  over the machine in the lounge 

If we get an upgrade to an A cabin I would not turn it down

Lynn it is so interesting that you say that. For our upcoming 39 day Caribbean cruise we have our favourite stateroom - B3, extended balcony, open to the stern. We decided that we would have to be offered a PH to tempt us. Not one of the A cabins would hold even the slightest interest.

4 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Lynn it is so interesting that you say that. For our upcoming 39 day Caribbean cruise we have our favourite stateroom - B3, extended balcony, open to the stern. We decided that we would have to be offered a PH to tempt us. Not one of the A cabins would hold even the slightest interest.

I am fine with A  B or C  cabins  prefer c  cabins on the R ships

I am not one to sit in the sun   or sit on the balcony more than  a few minutes

Had the extended balcony  many years go  hardly used it 

Good  we all have choices 😉

• Like 1

Thanking all of you for your comments but my question was/is What are the benefits?

I understand there might be snacks…what type?  Do they serve breakfast snacks in the AM?  Are there hors d’ouvres available in the evening?  Are there any beverages besides coffee…if so…what type?  Can you get access 24 hours a day?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Thanking all of you for your comments but my question was/is What are the benefits?

I understand there might be snacks…what type?  Do they serve breakfast snacks in the AM?  Are there hors d’ouvres available in the evening?  Are there any beverages besides coffee…if so…what type?  Can you get access 24 hours a day?  

They usually put out small sandwiches and cookies in the afternoons/evenings - perfect snack after coming back from an excursion before getting ready for dinner. Pastries in the morning. They also have large refrigerators filled with water and sodas. They have couches and chairs for hanging out and watching the news, and provide newspapers. The concierge has set hours (always posted) for any assistance you might need. They have a few computers as well. Access is by key card, so is available 24 hours a day. Hope that helps!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Muffins and scones in the morning. Little sandwiches, cookies in the afternoon. The drinks, other than coffee espresso are the same as in your fridge (which are free as well).

Is open late at night and very early in the morning, not sure about 24 hours but I think so. They often have some printed news. Access to a computer if you want to print boarding passes if you check in for your flights the day before.

25 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

Muffins and scones in the morning. Little sandwiches, cookies in the afternoon. The drinks, other than coffee espresso are the same as in your fridge (which are free as well).

Is open late at night and very early in the morning, not sure about 24 hours but I think so. They often have some printed news. Access to a computer if you want to print boarding passes if you check in for your flights the day before.

Thank you Pete.  What are the drinks in the fridge?

29 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

They usually put out small sandwiches and cookies in the afternoons/evenings - perfect snack after coming back from an excursion before getting ready for dinner. Pastries in the morning. They also have large refrigerators filled with water and sodas. They have couches and chairs for hanging out and watching the news, and provide newspapers. The concierge has set hours (always posted) for any assistance you might need. They have a few computers as well. Access is by key card, so is available 24 hours a day. Hope that helps!

Thanks Sam…I’m starting to get a better picture now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Cold drinks off the top of my head...sodas like Coke and Sprite, seltzer water, tonic water, still water. The coffee machine is espresso based (caff and decaf)...latte, cappucino, I think Americano, plain ol' espresso.

Thank you AM…now I have a good idea.

It isn't a game-changer, but we stayed on deck 9 on the Riviera, and was just a walk down the hall to the Concierge Lounge.  It was what others described.  I typically did a quick walk down first thing in the morning to grab a latte.  It's machine-made, and not as good as Baristas, but closer and quicker to get our morning started.  Pastry was nice before heading to the Grand Dining Room or Terrace Grill for breakfast.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DENIE said:

It isn't a game-changer, but we stayed on deck 9 on the Riviera, and was just a walk down the hall to the Concierge Lounge.  It was what others described.  I typically did a quick walk down first thing in the morning to grab a latte.  It's machine-made, and not as good as Baristas, but closer and quicker to get our morning started.  Pastry was nice before heading to the Grand Dining Room or Terrace Grill for breakfast.

We also enjoy stopping in the Lounge for some snacks or a cup of tea especially after an afternoon excursion when we just wanted to head to our veranda to relax with some nibbles and perhaps some wine chilling in our refrigerator. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DENIE said:

I agree. we always stay on Deck 9. Getting an espresso and sitting on the balcony while waiting for my spouse to get ready is reinforcing that it is vacation time 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

I agree. we always stay on Deck 9. Getting an espresso and sitting on the balcony while waiting for my spouse to get ready is reinforcing that it is vacation time 🙂

Yes!  Exactly!  Makes getting up early worth it!  ☺️

• Like 1

Concierge and above also gives you access to some of the Spa amenities without booking a treatment. The hot tubs are a lot less crowded, as is the Sun deck. I haven’t used the Saunas or locker rooms tho. Not sure what else would be included, maybe others can expand. Happy sailing!

2 hours ago, Yabba369 said:

. I haven’t used the Saunas or locker rooms tho. Not sure what else would be included, maybe others can expand. Happy sailing!

The saunas /steam rooms & heated loungers are open to all cabins