Royal Princess Need to Chose Boarding Time

jsn55

I finally slogged through everything for checkin on our December 22 cruise to Hawaii - it's only taken a couple of months and two dozen tries.  I've downloaded Medallion on my phone.  I'm in the 'Green Line'.  I need to pick a boarding time and cannot find the place on the website or my phone to do that.  Supposed to use Ocean-Ready, but no boarding time choice comes up for me to chose.  Princess is not impressing me with their tech foolishness!

15 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

I finally slogged through everything for checkin on our December 22 cruise to Hawaii - it's only taken a couple of months and two dozen tries.  I've downloaded Medallion on my phone.  I'm in the 'Green Line'.  I need to pick a boarding time and cannot find the place on the website or my phone to do that.  Supposed to use Ocean-Ready, but no boarding time choice comes up for me to chose.  Princess is not impressing me with their tech foolishness!

Do you mean you don't see the "Arrivals" button under the "Suggested" category? 

Just now, jsn55 said:

App

Travel checklist

Personal information and documents 

move down to Suggested…

arrivals

Click on your ship

It opens 59 days to 14 days prior to Sailing.  Depends on port clearance.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

App

Travel checklist

Personal information and documents 

move down to Suggested…

arrivals

Click on your ship

It opens 59 days to 14 days prior to Sailing.  Depends on port clearance.

Well, there you have it.  THANK YOU!  I can't find it if it's not there yet.  God forbid they state that under OceanReady; just sitting there blinking at you fits right in with the image that Princess projects when it comes to tech.   

We're 43 days out, but now I have confidence that it will show up sooner or later.  I mean, what else do I have to do with my time than beam up Princess every morning?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jsn55 said:

We're 43 days out, but now I have confidence that it will show up sooner or later.  I mean, what else do I have to do with my time than beam up Princess every morning?

1.  You are over-stressing on this.   Don't check every morning.  I wouldn't even check every week.

2.  What will happen if you never get a boarding time assigned?  Do you think you won't be allowed to board?  Boarding time is pretty much ignored at the pier.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jsn55 said:

I mean, what else do I have to do with my time than beam up Princess every morning?

don't sweat the small stuff.

Our boarding times start at 1 pm and end AFTER our cruise sails, lol. No biggie. I got the first group at 1 pm, but we are going to show up around 11 anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 12:49 PM, Mike45LC said:

1.  You are over-stressing on this.   Don't check every morning.  I wouldn't even check every week.

2.  What will happen if you never get a boarding time assigned?  Do you think you won't be allowed to board?  Boarding time is pretty much ignored at the pier.

My husband has trouble standing and walking long distances, I'd like to make boarding as easy as possible.  I would have no way of knowing that boarding time is ignored at the pier, would I?

jsn, the wonderful forum participants are here to reassure you that your husband will have an easy time boarding!  Do the pre-boarding stuff to get yourselves "Green Lane" and ignore the boarding time assigned to you.  Have a wonderful cruise.

Just for the little it might be worth, I was booked on a "guarantee" cabin for my next Princess cruise, and I have only checked to see if I've been assigned a cabin twice in the last three months.  I am comfortable with the knowledge that I will be assigned a deluxe balcony (or better) cabin before I board the ship -- which takes place roughly a month from now.  And maybe my upgrade bid will be accepted to put me in a mini-suite!

Agreed, on the last 5+ Princess cruises, no-one at check-in has ever looked at or mentioned our boarding time. With flights, luggage and Uber transfer (from Miami or Fort Lauderdale airports), I can’t time it properly anyway. So I usually pick an early time for us, and no-one cared if we showed up even before our slot. I may mention that we are Elite, so we skipped a couple of lines here and there.

• Like 1