Crew Masks optional on Adventure

trenton107

3 hours ago, Longford said:

I'm just off of Serenade, this morning.  All staterooms are/were equipped with 2 RCL logo white face masks (not N95).  I wandered about the ship, used the elevator, ate in the Windjammer, used tenders, etc.  I always wore a mask when around other passengers.  One man, the same man, twice belittled me for wearing a mask (two days apart).  The second time I told him to shut up and mind his own business, and if the did that again I'd file a complaint against him with guest services.  Yesterday and this morning, there was a lot of coughing and when people coughed few covered their mouths, from what I observed. I witnessed few crew members wearing a mask.

Fortunately I've never encountered someone saying anything about me being masked. I've been in enough facebook groups to know how covid spreads onboard, plus whatever other viruses are making the rounds. Why should anyone else care if someone else chooses to minimize their risk of illness? 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 12:24 PM, trenton107 said:

Crew masks are optional - and if they chose to wear them they have to be the blue RCCL ones, not KN95s starting today on Adventure sailing out of Galveston. 

Eh, most of the crew on our recent cruise were wearing their masks under their noses, so -- in reality -- they were already optional.  

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

The two face masks and purel have been in staterooms since the relaunching last year

There was no Purel in my stateroom.  I brought my own in small bottles.  However, there were many  dispensers throughout the ship (Serenade of the Seas) and as people walked into Windjammer there was someone from the crew squirting some on hands of just about everyone (dispensers in Windjammer as well).  

On 11/10/2022 at 9:08 PM, mets123 said:

They were mandatory 2 weeks on their last cruise from Cape Liberty 2 weeks ago. All of a sudden, crew was instructed to wear their KN95s. Covid I guess. 

I was on the Oasis 10/16 sailing out of Bayonne.  There was no mandatory masking of the crew whatsoever.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:12 PM, HicksRA said:

Once on the elevator, there was a lady getting on and another lady in the back coughed. The lady getting on literally ran back off the elevator before the door could close. 😁

Lol, that was me. No, I was on a different Royal ship, but I did dart out of a few elevators over the course of the week! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mets123 said:

The two face masks and purel have been in staterooms since the relaunching last year

We had 2 face masks but no hand sanitizer in our cabin (got off the ship yesterday). We brought our own, and there were Purell stations everywhere. 

imo at least the covid & fu virus are definitely out there . Cruise ships are petrie dishes . Although   passengers & crew are not wearing masks ,we will still use them  KN95    masks any where in public in doors  .If a server  of food or drinks is not wearing their masks we will & wait until  they leave   to remove our masks  . 

Seems to me  that  the crew quarters are much closer together & if one gets covid then it will  spread  rather quickly  .so we just don't get the logic of no masks    But ,we don't  follow what others do any way .It is their business not ours  . We are in our  80s & as we age our immune systems decline or if a  younger person has any  illness  of length  their   immune system also suffers 

There is no sure fire  way for every one ,especially on any cruise ship 

We also bring l lysol  to spray the air vents in the cabin & sleep with the sliding door ajar for fresh sir  

We had omincron & know what it did to us   for many weeks  ,so we are ultra careful  whether on a ship or in any store on land 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

I was talking about the Adventure.

We know that. And Jersey was talking about Oasis.  RCCL has multiple ships, and we can discuss them all, right here….what a life. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I have a nice collection of hand sanitizer tubes and bottles sitting on my dresser all with Royal Caribbean logos. I wish they'd bread them with the ship as well they'd make even better souvenirs then.

I still have the full bottle of hand sanitizer I bought when this all started.  Never used it, never got sick.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1