Medallion Has been Changed to Pick Up at Port (Sky, Nov 19th)

chabad

I noticed on the medallion app for my Nov 19th cruise on the Sky, that my medallion is no longer being shipped to my home. It now says on the app to pick up at the port. My daughter who is also on the same sailing with a different booking number had the same problem pop up. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Same here - at first shipped and now pick up at the pier. Are we  getting only the free items? If so, I think Princess had no problem with skipping shipping to us - those who opted for the additional cost items probably had them shipped. If this is indeed the Princes policy, the cruise line needs to state this and not leave us waiting and checking for the medallions. The notation to pick up at the Medallion Store at the pier implies they want us to spend a few $$ - no way!

Darcy

3 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

Same here - at first shipped and now pick up at the pier. Are we  getting only the free items? If so, I think Princess had no problem with skipping shipping to us - those who opted for the additional cost items probably had them shipped. If this is indeed the Princes policy, the cruise line needs to state this and not leave us waiting and checking for the medallions. The notation to pick up at the Medallion Store at the pier implies they want us to spend a few $$ - no way!

Darcy

What Medallion Store? 

Your medallion will be at the pier with others when you go to check in. Very easy process and possibly a quicker line than those that had them shipped.

41 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

Darcy

I've been on more than two dozen cruises since the restart with the medallions and they have never shipped based on whether or not you purchased additional items with your medallion. I always strictly only do the complimentary I never buy anything additionally. I'm going to go with it's a glitch in the system.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wineforhealth said:

What Medallion Store? 

Your medallion will be at the pier with others when you go to check in. Very easy process and possibly a quicker line than those that had them shipped.

You are correct sometimes there's not many people in the pickup line but it sounds like in this case maybe for this cruise everyone might end up having to pick up at the port. 🤣

• Like 1

Actually about 2 or 3 days ago I did a chat with Princess and questioned them about the pickup at the pier and as I told him I made sure which I always do to ship to my home which I did on July 12th. When she looked up on the computer system she says that it should be delivered on the 15th that's why I'm wondering if there's a glitch within the medallion app stating that it's pick up at the pier. I guess time will tell when Tuesday comes.

21 minutes ago, wineforhealth said:

What Medallion Store? 

Yup, same as pre-covid for us, pick up at the pier. At the bottom of the medallion order status, it says we can buy Medallion merchandise accessories at the Oceafront store. Just wish Pricess was a bit more upfront with the shipping not shipped, pick up at pier info.

Darcy

4 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I've been on more than two dozen cruises since the restart with the medallions and they have never shipped based on whether or not you purchased additional items with your medallion. I always strictly only do the complimentary I never buy anything additionally. I'm going to go with it's a glitch in the system.

Good to know, it would have been nicer if we were informed of this.

4 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Actually about 2 or 3 days ago I did a chat with Princess and questioned them about the pickup at the pier and as I told him I made sure which I always do to ship to my home which I did on July 12th. When she looked up on the computer system she says that it should be delivered on the 15th that's why I'm wondering if there's a glitch within the medallion app stating that it's pick up at the pier. I guess time will tell when Tuesday comes.

I just go by whatever informeddelivery.usps.com says as they are the ones that put it in the mailbox 

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I just go by whatever informeddelivery.usps.com says as they are the ones that put it in the mailbox 

Me too. However, nothing about the medallion being shipped. Just odd it's multiple people who have the same problem going on. 

• Thanks 1

Can't say for sure (obviously) but I'd say it's entirely *possible* that someone at Princess has looked at this as a way to save a few bucks. 

Princess: "Since you're going to the terminal anyway...why do we need to pay extra to send these to your home?  Postage is always going up, you know!"

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Can't say for sure (obviously) but I'd say it's entirely *possible* that someone at Princess has looked at this as a way to save a few bucks. 

Princess: "Since you're going to the terminal anyway...why do we need to pay extra to send these to your home?  Postage is always going up, you know!"

Possible yes,

It  also could be a processing issue in get the Medallions to the passengers before they leaving to the cruise destinations. 

Edited by wineforhealth

We are on the Enchanted on the 19th.  On Wednesday ours said that it shipped.  Today it switched to "pick up at port".   Our previous medallion cruises were all shipped to us.

I was a bit disappointed, because I like having it, but as long as they let me on the ship, it will all be good!

• Like 1

I think so it's the excitement and enjoyment one gets when they get their medallion. It's knowing you're so incredibly close to your trip. The pick up a the pier changes that feeling to more an anticipation and suspense. It's like Hanukkah and Christmas Day.... When can we open the presents? Type of feeling.... (As per my 5 yr old self questioning) 

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I think so it's the excitement and enjoyment one gets when they get their medallion. It's knowing you're so incredibly close to your trip. The pick up a the pier changes that feeling to more an anticipation and suspense. It's like Hanukkah and Christmas Day.... When can we open the presents? Type of feeling.... (As per my 5 yr old self questioning) 

Totally agree. 

Just like getting all your cruise documents from your Travel agent or  in the mail years ago.