Holland America Black Friday 2022 deals announced

Sigyn

44 minutes ago, pmartin32 said:

Does anyone know if HAL offers the White Summit excursion and onboard credit frequently, or was that a rare offering?  I held off on booking because I was thinking the Black Friday deal would be better, but it's actually more expensive and doesn't include those two savings.  Debating if I should book at this higher cost or wait in the hopes they offer the train excursion and onboard credit again.  

I am not sure i don’t have follow Alaska cruise deals before.

Has anyone booked a BF sailing? I did a dummy booking, but couldn't find anywhere where it showed that the gratuities were included. Looking at the Tropical Caribbean cruise for February. Waited on purpose for those to be included, the previous onboard credit amount for an inside room wouldn't have covered it. 

8 minutes ago, raesive said:

Has anyone booked a BF sailing? I did a dummy booking, but couldn't find anywhere where it showed that the gratuities were included. Looking at the Tropical Caribbean cruise for February. Waited on purpose for those to be included, the previous onboard credit amount for an inside room wouldn't have covered it. 

Yes, I can't see the BF offer either for an April Europe sailing

I was hoping that specialty dining would get some BF love, but thus far it's just regular pricing and HIA is still $50 per person per day. They do advertise that spa is 25% off, but weekly access to relaxation area is still $149 per person.

Currently debating doing HIA. We will eat at all 3 (PG, Tamarind and Canaletto) and one or two drinks per day. Right now, I am still leaning towards separate purchases for everything.

56 minutes ago, five. said:

I was hoping that specialty dining would get some BF love, but thus far it's just regular pricing and HIA is still $50 per person per day. They do advertise that spa is 25% off, but weekly access to relaxation area is still $149 per person.

Currently debating doing HIA. We will eat at all 3 (PG, Tamarind and Canaletto) and one or two drinks per day. Right now, I am still leaning towards separate purchases for everything.

How long you want to cruise?

For a week there is one restaurant in hia.

1 hour ago, raesive said:

I did the same thing, and the gratuities weren't showing as included for me either.  

It's a seven day cruise, so I'd be paying on top of HIA anyways for two of the restaurants. Which is why I don't really see the benefit. Never had internet before and like to get away from it all. So I'll probably stick to separate purchases. Just wondering if they will do anything for BF.

Edited by five.

2 hours ago, raesive said:

I wound up calling HAL this morning and asking if gratuities were included since I couldn't see them for any online-bookable fare either.  She said they were so I was able to have her book us on an Advantage fare (refundable deposit).  Got our booking confirmation and they show on there as well. 

BTW, we also got some Mariner OBC because it's still within 90 days from when this cruise (Holiday 2023) was opened for booking.  👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, zelker said:

I wound up calling HAL this morning and asking if gratuities were included since I couldn't see them for any online-bookable fare either.  She said they were so I was able to have her book us on an Advantage fare (refundable deposit).  Got our booking confirmation and they show on there as well. 

BTW, we also got some Mariner OBC because it's still within 90 days from when this cruise (Holiday 2023) was opened for booking.  👍

I did the same thing and I was able to get the gratuities added.  It is so frustrating that the website does not show the gratuities as part of the fare.  Unfortunately, this makes a lot more work for the PCC’s.

• Like 4

Another one here where searches under the Black Friday tab, with and without Mariner number, do not show any reduced fare ("up to 40% off") or the gratuities ("paid").  Same fares as the past week, nothing included.  With the Mariner number it is a "Private Fare" and last week included 75 pp OBC, now it includes nothing for the same fare.

This is beyond frustrating and is forcing me to go through my TA to see what the real BF deals is/is not.  I expect my TA will be up to her eyebrows in calls, no doubt. What a hassle for all.

• Like 3

SALE you say???  We booked a 13-night Montreal to Fort Lauderdale cruise on the Zaandam for next September 24 in a Vista Suite on Deck 6.  We booked on September 7, 2022.  The cabin next to ours on that cruise with the exact same amenities (wi-fi, drinks, etc.) PLUS the gratuities (which we do not have on our package) is now selling for $4,399.32 Canadian $ MORE than we paid.  That is a lot of gratuities 🙂 

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just checked two cruises vs last week.  One for Dec 2023 the other Jan 2024.  Last week included a $150 pp OBC, today no $150 OBC (anniversary promotion ended Nov 15) but free grats, so about a $170 savings on 11 day cruise (would have been about $110 pp on a 7 day.

Price was exactly the same on both cruises versus last week, so Black Friday deal nothing special IMO.

Is this sale limited to just a few destinations?  Alaska and Northern Europe plus Last Minute? That is what I am seeing on the HAL home page. Is there a list of cruises offered for this sale somewhere, or do you have to do trial after trial of individual cruises to see what is offered?  We are open to a lot of cruise possibilities for the right bottom-line deal.

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

I just checked two cruises vs last week.  One for Dec 2023 the other Jan 2024.  Last week included a $150 pp OBC, today no $150 OBC (anniversary promotion ended Nov 15) but free grats, so about a $170 savings on 11 day cruise (would have been about $110 pp on a 7 day.

Price was exactly the same on both cruises versus last week, so Black Friday deal nothing special IMO.

We booked one for December 2023 also and since that cruise was announced less than 90 days ago, they are still offering the Mariners Early Booking bonus OBC Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus | Holland America Line  I asked about it to confirm and she said yes, it was applicable and it shows on our confirmation.

Unfortunately I didn't write down the price for the cruise we booked before the sail started so can't compare.

49 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Is this sale limited to just a few destinations?  Alaska and Northern Europe plus Last Minute? That is what I am seeing on the HAL home page. Is there a list of cruises offered for this sale somewhere, or do you have to do trial after trial of individual cruises to see what is offered?  We are open to a lot of cruise possibilities for the right bottom-line deal.

No, not limited to those and no, no list.  Just look on their website and you can tell which ones have it because it clearly shows Black Friday Sale on each one.  Find a Cruise - Search the Best Cruises for 2022 and 2023 (hollandamerica.com)

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, zelker said:

No, not limited to those and no, no list.  Just look on their website and you can tell which ones have it because it clearly shows Black Friday Sale on each one.  Find a Cruise - Search the Best Cruises for 2022 and 2023 (hollandamerica.com)

One I was looking at is on the back Friday “special “.  It’s gone up in price slightly.  No thanks.

The BF prices for the 11/15/23 sailing I wanted was exactly the same as what I had already found except instead of $75 OBC it was only $25, but also get grats, which is considerably more for 17 nights than the "lost" OBC.  So I called my PCC and left a message this morning.

When she called, she said I have a Private Sale fare, too (which is what I thought I was looking at originally).  The price was $300 less.

So, I get the cabin I wanted (my fave J large interior) for less money and grats are paid.  Then she said that she'd add the Welcome Back OBC to get it back up to $75 although, technically, I was outside the date for that.

I did have to make a $600 deposit rather than the $300 that was available before.  Fully refundable.

• Like 1