GeorgiaPeach Sails the Atlantic on Splendor

GeorgiaPeach51

Dinner last night was in Chartreuse. It has come to be our least favorite of the restaurants.  The service was great and the food was good, for us, but not great.  It was the first average meal, overall, that we have had.  

Drinks in the Splendor Lounge.  My beet salad appetizer, which I enjoyed.   Beets seem to be like cilantro….you love it or hate it with not much middle ground.

My husband’s salad. Delicious mushroom soup that we both had.

image.thumb.jpeg.53bec9292c1e4ace17874835938d7f62.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c79250115d7ebe73b9a5b31123642a85.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1ade0345fc07054140532ee1e4fff771.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e386a35095f525d10fd74a9aea4b17f8.jpeg

My main course was Dover sole.  It was okay but definitely not the best I’ve had.  My husband had the scallops AND the Chicken Supreme.  He didn’t love either one snd got both so he would have a backup plan.  And, the crème  brûlée, which we both thought was excellent.

image.thumb.jpeg.4bb4c22eb3c8b68d232eb5488eb1834c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cc43c6b07e273f8294e5c82981acf5f2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3a208b249375442b58c8a2476afbf38c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a9e2b388768ab65d2595944fe3278201.jpeg

Almost forgot to post the brownie tea photos from yesterday!  But first, a photo of the wings available at the pool deck.  If you catch the fries as they come out they are excellent.  Regular AND sweet potato fries, to the joy of my husband.

One thing that Regent does extremely well is their buffets.  You will not find huge piles of food that are allowed to dry and harden under the heat lamps.  Regent opts for smaller displays of every food and more frequent replenishment so the food is fresher for passengers.  Two thumbs up for that.  

The brownie tea was hard to resist, but I took one for the team and took only photos, nary a brownie, which was a challenge.  The brownies are not labeled, but a staff member takes pride in telling each tea attender what each brownie is…and they have scones.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b67052e0ba74a00fc9e87550ef1cddb3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0babf11999ee287bb797c6ede6cce9f2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bd95e796d5149709b29277f4ece4a52e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f437e644cb249625d47b1c5affafae49.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.641645f19feca8c44e28729b18949933.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.db9877296f17c7662f73323938ce2544.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Drinks in the Splendor Lounge.  My beet salad appetizer, which I enjoyed.   Beets seem to be like cilantro….you love it or hate it with not much middle ground.

But for Cilantro, there is actually a Gene that controls whether or not it tastes soapy.  

• Like 4

As always, a day late and a dollar short coming to this party.  What a great thread!  I have enjoyed every post and love your sense of humor.   Looking forward to reading more every day. Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Z and TB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Sure is!

I concur!  And before I leave this ship I will have a scone whether I ate lunch five minutes or five hours prior!  I missed them on the last cruise and will not make the same mistake twice.  I try hard to only make new ones.  Mistakes.  Not scones.

On my last trip report, our first cruise on Regent, there were so many things we did not do that when I started to list them I was downright startled to see so many missing experiences. Remember how when you were a kid, the start of summer was so exciting and you had just ages to play and have fun before school started again?  My husband says he and his brother would start building their tree house the last week of summer every year, just like clockwork.  Well, I find that cruises are the same….time just slides by like it’s on skates and all of a sudden…

So, you may be interested to know what we have done on this cruise that we did not do on the first one….

1.  We ate in Sette Mari several times and really love it.

2.  We are doing the daily Mensa challenges, aptly named, I assure you.  But fun.  I am always inordinately pleased with myself when I figure one out.  

3.  We have shared dining tables in the evening with strangers and enjoyed everyone we have met.  A fun way to meet interesting people.

4.  We joined a trivia team, after kindly being invited to do so, and in doing so have met the most wonderful, fun and funny new friends.

5.  We have done almost every silly but fun little passenger game challenge.  We have thrown a beanbag, rolled a ball, thrown a ball, played a type of corn hole, tossed rings and putted a ball.  And it was all fun.  Sweet-spirited passengers cheering for each other.
6.  We have gotten into the spirit of collecting points to trade at the end for something….I’m not sure what it is, but everyone seems to want it, so there you go!  I think we may have enough points for a shoelace, but we have enjoyed the pursuit.

Lunch buffet on the pool deck was Indian.  I liked what I tried and heard several comments about how good it was.  I like it when I try it but cannot say I understand what each dish is and what sauce goes with it.

Today there was an early show at 5:45 and no show this evening.  But, they had a Beatles mini concert in the atrium with the Splendor band and the dancers.  Well attended and a lot of fun.

Here is the daily for tomorrow.

image.thumb.jpeg.27f135c977351c11e3ffc8e7f74a75e3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2455030849e926fbceb635228bc9b0db.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a56b97bb48a399c117457930070d5f51.jpeg

• Like 3

Just to get you excited - we did a World Cruise and played all of the games.  Our points got us t-shirts, sweatshirts, polos, aluminum drink bottles, hats, bags, straps for suitcases, and I will have to think about what else.  They will have a list of what is available and what it costs the day before you can redeem.  The line will be long.  Go early.

We just talked about this over Thanksgiving.  Four years later, our granddaughter still wears her sweatshirt to bed every night in the winter.  "It is so soft!"

• Like 3

11 hours ago, gwesq said:

But for Cilantro, there is actually a Gene that controls whether or not it tastes soapy.  

Neither my husband nor I enjoy Cilantro.  Tastes terrible to us.  I also cannot have pine nuts, I get the metallic taste.  Luckily,  I'm not a chef!

• Haha 1

GP, going to try and follow your lead re the things we didn’t do first cruise- thanks for the list(except we did do Sette Mari a couple of times, and loved it, as well).

You seem to know just what sort of things we would all like to hear about.

Wouldn’t you know, I just wanted to do my online check in, and my Mac had an attack. Grrrr!

I can do it on the iPad or phone, but I want to print it out, as well as mobile..

oh well, we certainly have time to figure it out.

Nice to see Zqueeze jumping back in here. Miss his wonderful posts- wish he would take another cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, vegasdriven said:

!I can do it on the iPad or phone, but I want to print it out, as well as mobile..

oh well, we certainly have time to figure it out.

Nice to see Zqueeze jumping back in here. Miss his wonderful posts- wish he would take another cruise!

I checked in using the iPad (easier to upload a photo) and they sent us an email with our boarding passes so I printed that off. You can access everything you completed for checkin on your Regent account if you want to print anything else off.

• Like 1

I’m all checked in for my cruise next month. Used my iPad and now have my boarding passes printed out. No luggage tags yet but maybe my TA will have them for me. I’m not too worried cos they always have them available at the port.

I’m hoping they take photos when we arrive. My head wasn’t properly in that circle!!

Keep up the good work GeorgiaPeach, hope you have lots of prize points by now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

I’m all checked in for my cruise next month. Used my iPad and now have my boarding passes printed out. No luggage tags yet but maybe my TA will have them for me. I’m not too worried cos they always have them available at the port.

I’m hoping they take photos when we arrive. My head wasn’t properly in that circle!!

Keep up the good work GeorgiaPeach, hope you have lots of prize points by now.

Ours arrived for our Navigator cruise direct from Regent before I checked us in so might be worth a check with your TA so they can chase Regent 😁

1 hour ago, Techno123 said:

Ours arrived for our Navigator cruise direct from Regent before I checked us in so might be worth a check with your TA so they can chase Regent 😁

Thanks Techno123,

I will ring them tomorrow. Right after I ring to see if I can get a cheaper deal on my car insurance. 

12 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

Thanks Techno123,

I will ring them tomorrow. Right after I ring to see if I can get a cheaper deal on my car insurance. 

Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert) has just posted this tool in the weekly newsletter (in case you haven't seen it 😁) You can get to it via the MSE website if you would rather not click a link

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car-insurance-compareplus/?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=29-Nov-22-663da4869fd44c28ad7-638650c4171afec909e9d233f99b2572&source=CRM-MSETIP-663da4869fd44c28ad7&utm_campaign=nt-bestbuysLeftFour-one&utm_content=2