Faster To The Fun is back...

Riles34

1 hour ago, Riles34 said:

Depends on the ship and sailing but looks like it will be $89-$150. $150 for my Celebration sailing in February. 

My February 7 day sailing on Celebration was also $150. However, I used my All State Rewards gift card to save so it was only really like $135. I don't think that is bad at all. The lines will be crazy on the huge ship.

31 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

Glad it's back for those who want it, but they have officially priced me out. $150 for my 7 day Mardi Gras cruise next year? No thanks.. I can think of plenty of other ways to spend that money.

Yes indeed.  We didn't get it for our last couple of cruises before turning platinum because we thought the price was ridiculous.  Certainly wouldn't pay $150.  Obviously, they believe that there will be enough who will.  Judging by the comments on this page, they are right.  Hey, maybe Carnival making more for things like this will help keep the prices lower for the rest of us. 😀

• Like 2

Just now, Lee Cruiser said:

Certainly wouldn't pay $150.

100% agree. If we had more tender ports and weren't on a carnival excursion, I'd certainly be considering it, but with two out of three ports we're visiting being non-tender ports, the value for cost doesn't quite make sense for us.

I wish they'd follow RCL's lead with "The Key" and include the internet plan with it, or a nice lunch. I know Carnival is doing FTTF for the entire stateroom, whereas the key is per person, but the value just felt better with RCL's program than Carnival's program.

We grabbed it this morning for our upcoming cruise leaving December 17th. I am expecting a sold out ship so it was worth it to me solely because I am taking my daughter who has very severe anxiety and does not do well in very crowded and unfamiliar situations.  This gives her the opportunity to escape to the room for a while after we get checked in rather than being further surrounded by loud crowds. 

• Like 3

$149.95 for our cruise on Mardi Gras. I don't know if it'll make a difference in anything. Our cruise last year we didn't have it and we checked in at the right time and walked right on board. The room being ready is almost worth it to me. Even if it's just dropping off a bag. I'm the only one going without a CPAP, so it'll be good for the others with me. It was WAY more money than I was expecting. 

• Like 1

Thinking back on our last cruise (and first without FTTF) it's the Customer Service perk that we missed the most.  We had three occasions when we needed to ask something at the service desk and it was always at least a 20 minute wait.   WIth access to our room, guest service priority and tender priority (waiting in lines is like waiting in traffic for me, lol) it's still worth the cost (was $129 for our 7 day on the Vista) for us.

• Like 1

Pre-covid we purchased for Dream out of Nola. Rooms were not ready. Bags still after dinner. We have not bought since that several years ago when priced around $60. 

We have had several cruises out of Nola and have not had problems getting through lines as we show up for our time and don't have to wait around

We usually pick 1pm check in time. It's a steady walk onto ship.

• Like 2

Had a chance to get it for my Vista cruise in a couple of weeks but decided to pass on it this time. I liked it for being able to get into my cabin early. We'd unpack, relax for a bit, then head out for lunch. With JH saying the cabins might not be ready that makes it worth less than the asking price to me. I also used to get it for early debark, but that's turned into such a circus that I plan to get Zone 25 tags and eat a late breakfast this time. Only thing left that made it worth it to me was the angry looks I'd get from using the priority GS line. I'll play the odds and hope I don't need to use it for anything this trip.  

23 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If anyone purchases soon, it'd be interesting to see if their online check in date changes from 14 to 16 days. Hopefully we'll get reports one way or the other!

I just purchased for Dec. 4th sailing of the Legend for 129.95.  Check in did not change from 14 days to 16 days.  

Someone! Please ! Make me feel better. Being an incredibly nervous person, I am overreacting to what is probably a non-issue. If anyone else is experiencing the same issue, I would sure love to hear about it.

I bought FTTF this morning. All good. Got email receipt and it shows up in my order details. Swell! I go to print my updated luggage tags and . . . No FTTF Logo that is supposed to be there to ensure Priority Luggage. Okay . . .breathe. It just went live. Give it some time. Stop being such a freak! (Insert Nervous Chuckle). Post to my Facebook group. Another member says his luggage tags updated immediately. I clear cache and cookies and restart my computer. No change. 8 hours later, still no change. 8 hours is long enough, right? Call Carnival. I get through to a delightful lady who assures me it's still getting implemented and some people update immediately, but others don't. It will all work itself out. I feel better for about 5 minutes. What if she has no clue? What if she's just guessing? What if I'm the only one? 

So, anyone else buy FTTF and have luggage tags that have not yet updated? I'll be waiting anxiously for your replies assuring me I'm not alone. I'm just going to step away to grab a Xanax and a glass of wine. 

On a side note, I REALLY need a vacation. 57 days to go!

Edited by CGrey93
typo

58 minutes ago, CGrey93 said:

Call Carnival. I get through to a delightful lady who assures me it's still getting implemented and some people update immediately, but others don't. It will all work itself out.

You have two options here, really.

1) Continue to worry about it

2) Believe the Carnival rep, wait a day or two and let the system catch up to itself and see if what the Carnival rep said was true. You called the company responsible, you have to be okay with their answer.

FWIW, FTTF was available for about two hours today on my own cruise planner, and by this evening was completely sold out for a sailing in three weeks, aka a TON of people bought it today. The systems are slow, give it some time to catch up, and if it doesn't, call Carnival back next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CGrey93 said:

Someone! Please ! Make me feel better. Being an incredibly nervous person, I am overreacting to what is probably a non-issue. If anyone else is experiencing the same issue, I would sure love to hear about it.

I bought FTTF this morning. All good. Got email receipt and it shows up in my order details. Swell! I go to print my updated luggage tags and . . . No FTTF Logo that is supposed to be there to ensure Priority Luggage. Okay . . .breathe. It just went live. Give it some time. Stop being such a freak! (Insert Nervous Chuckle). Post to my Facebook group. Another member says his luggage tags updated immediately. I clear cache and cookies and restart my computer. No change. 8 hours later, still no change. 8 hours is long enough, right? Call Carnival. I get through to a delightful lady who assures me it's still getting implemented and some people update immediately, but others don't. It will all work itself out. I feel better for about 5 minutes. What if she has no clue? What if she's just guessing? What if I'm the only one? 

So, anyone else buy FTTF and have luggage tags that have not yet updated? I'll be waiting anxiously for your replies assuring me I'm not alone. I'm just going to step away to grab a Xanax and a glass of wine. 

On a side note, I REALLY need a vacation. 57 days to go!

Try a different computer where you never downloaded the luggage tags. It's possible your computer isn't refreshing the file and is loading the previously downloaded one.  Clearing the cache may not clear downloaded files, depending on settings. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, notscb said:

You have two options here, really.

1) Continue to worry about it

2) Believe the Carnival rep, wait a day or two and let the system catch up to itself and see if what the Carnival rep said was true. You called the company responsible, you have to be okay with their answer.

FWIW, FTTF was available for about two hours today on my own cruise planner, and by this evening was completely sold out for a sailing in three weeks, aka a TON of people bought it today. The systems are slow, give it some time to catch up, and if it doesn't, call Carnival back next week.

Thank you. You're absolutely right. I love Carnival. I know not everyone does, but they have always done right by me. I can't say there haven't been a few bumps and even a couple issues that were bigger than bumps, but I NEVER have felt like they were trying to be unfair or trying to do anything sneaky. The funny thing is, as crazy as I get pre-cruise trying to work out every little detail, once my feet cross the threshold at the airport, my vacation has begun. From that moment until the trip ends, I just roll with it, no matter what "it" is.

5 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Try a different computer where you never downloaded the luggage tags. It's possible your computer isn't refreshing the file and is loading the previously downloaded one.  Clearing the cache may not clear downloaded files, depending on settings. 

Great idea! I tried it on two different computers, and I also tried logging in with my husband's account. Still not there, but it was still a really good idea, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

• Like 1

Why did they have to go and ruin a perfectly good working system? Boarding has been super simple and rapid. Now they add this to the mix and those with early time slots will be bumped by others with priority. I just hope they take this into account when determining how many early time slots to allot the rest of us. The last cruise I was on in March my bags were waiting at the cabin when they opened at 1:30.

• Like 1

I have big time FOMO. We have 2 staterooms for Celebration departing Dec. 11. When I click on the FTTF ICON, all I see is 0 results. Does this mean it is already sold out?  I don’t know the ways of Carnival. Long time cruiser, but only 2nd time on Carnival in many tears. Thanks in advance for any help, or for that matter, any suggestions. By the way, if the price per person or per stateroom?

Edited by mimito4

5 hours ago, mimito4 said:

I have big time FOMO. We have 2 staterooms for Celebration departing Dec. 11. When I click on the FTTF ICON, all I see is 0 results. Does this mean it is already sold out?  I don’t know the ways of Carnival. Long time cruiser, but only 2nd time on Carnival in many tears. Thanks in advance for any help, or for that matter, any suggestions. By the way, if the price per person or per stateroom?

from what i remember in past, fttf is always never available on ship sailings during the inaugural year. fttf is becomes available after the ship is 1 year old

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, shof515 said:

from what i remember in past, fttf is always never available on ship sailings during the inaugural year. fttf is becomes available after the ship is 1 year old

iirc it's the first 6 months, not the first year. It's definitely available within the first year though because it's for sale for our June voyage. 

• Like 1

Kind of off topic, but we bought FTTF for two of our cruises.  I had no idea that you could show up earlier than your scheduled check in time.  That would have made it even more worthwhile!  😛

So far it isn't available for our Celebration cruise in January.  While we both liked being able to drop our stuff off in the room and the one time we needed to talk to guest services, but $130 seems a little steep to me.