Elite with non Elite cabinmate

cruissett

I'm Elite+ and have cruised in the same cabin with family members who were classic in Captain's Club. If you are invited to an event (Elite Breakfast, Heli-pad Sail Aways, Wine Tasting Event, Backstage/Bridge tours, Welcome Back Cocktail Events, etc.) then your cabin mate will also be able to attend with you. Your cabin mate will not receive any free CC happy hour drinks, laundry, match plays, etc.  

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I'm Elite+ and have cruised in the same cabin with family members who were classic in Captain's Club. If you are invited to an event (Elite Breakfast, Heli-pad Sail Aways, Wine Tasting Event, Backstage/Bridge tours, Welcome Back Cocktail Events, etc.) then your cabin mate will also be able to attend with you. Your cabin mate will not receive any free CC happy hour drinks, laundry, match plays, etc.  

Thank you for this confirmation I'll be cruising with my sister in December. I'll be Elite but she will not. So now I know which events she can accompany me to and which perks she will not be entitled to. Thank You for the clarification.

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

that’s just the information I was hoping for. Thank you for your answer

6 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

Thank you for this confirmation I'll be cruising with my sister in December. I'll be Elite but she will not. So now I know which events she can accompany me to and which perks she will not be entitled to. Thank You for the clarification.

If you see the CC host the first day they will have a new card made for your sister that will say Elite to make easy access to the events

The three CC events (CC welcome aboard, CC senior officers gathering and the Heli-Pad when floating down the Saint Lawrence river to Quebec) held on the Summit in September, no one checked our reservation cards or our Seapass cards when entering.  I went into the Tuscan Grille a couple times in the morning for a bloody mary and was asked for my Seapass card before entering. 

6 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Keep in mind this perk only applies to non Elites sharing a cabin with an Elite. Doesn’t work if you’re just traveling together unfortunately. Enjoy!

As it should be. IMO, RC does it right. If you aren't married to or residing at the same address you do not get any of the d, d+ or pinnacle benefits/perks even staying in the same cabin. 

Hi

go see the captains club host or whatever they are called now, you sailing buddy will have the same status as you for the cruise. I remarried some years ago and my wife was automatically given the same status as me, by the way she loves Celebrity

2 minutes ago, swigso said:

Hi

go see the captains club host or whatever they are called now, you sailing buddy will have the same status as you for the cruise. I remarried some years ago and my wife was automatically given the same status as me, by the way she loves Celebrity

Of course your new wife would be the same tier level as you by default, marriage (your kids would be also). She was assigned a CC number with full benefits/perks going forward. Even if you divorce. The only difference is her CC cruise points would be different than yours.  Not even the same as what the OP was asking. OPs friend will be given only limited CC perks/benefits for only the cruise they are on. 

On 11/18/2022 at 8:09 PM, davekathy said:

Of course your new wife would be the same tier level as you by default, marriage (your kids would be also). She was assigned a CC number with full benefits/perks going forward. Even if you divorce. The only difference is her CC cruise points would be different than yours.  Not even the same as what the OP was asking. OPs friend will be given only limited CC perks/benefits for only the cruise they are on. 

I am afraid you are incorrect, when we sailed together the first time we were not married, she was given the same status as myself and received the points for that cruise. She was also given the same status when we sailed on Azamara for that cruise.

When we married you are correct, she was given the same status as me.

7 hours ago, swigso said:

I am afraid you are incorrect, when we sailed together the first time we were not married, she was given the same status as myself and received the points for that cruise. She was also given the same status when we sailed on Azamara for that cruise.

Not completely incorrect. She was only given a temporary tier level only for that cruise with limited perks/benefits. Of course she would receive the CC points for the cruise even if she wasn't given the temporary tier level. 

On 11/18/2022 at 12:36 AM, cruissett said:

I’m Elite but my cabin mate is not. Are there special invites that he would be allowed to accompany me?  

Hi

just go see the captains club host they will be given the same status/ invites for the cruise, I do not  think they will be given the happy hour free drinks. But if you have the drinks package it doesn’t matter.

And as per Mr Gump, that is all I have to say on this matter 👍

Edited by swigso

16 minutes ago, swigso said:

Hi

just go see the captains club host they will be given the same status/ invites for the cruise, I do not  think they will be given the happy hour free drinks. But if you have the drinks package it doesn’t matter.

And as per Mr Gump, that is all I have to say on this matter 👍

You are correct.The CC host will not extend CC HH drinks to someone given a temporary tier level. No laundry perks either.  👍👍

Edited by davekathy

8 hours ago, swigso said:

Did you perhaps have the same address as you?

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Did you perhaps have the same address as you?

No different addresses sailing partners automatically have the same perks if staying in the same cabin.It has been known for couples to book husband and husband and wife and wife in the same cabins so that they get status. They then just swap cabins, go figure 😂😂😂

I've never seen them check keycards for events like senior officers events or helipads.  There are officers/the crew in front to greet you, some pax are proactively flashing their keycards but nearly every time I've walked in, I was keeping my keycard in my pocket and no one has ever asked to see it.  Even if they check, I can't possibly see them turning away a guest of a someone with the required status.

• Like 1