FTTF FOR SUITE GUEST

Robpuffdaddy

For those that have been suite guest in the past, do you also purchase the FTTF?  I know most of the perks for the suite are the same, but what at the advantages to having FTTF with a suite?  Is it really necessary in the opinion to those that have been suite guest?  I have had FTTF about 8 years ago but I just had a balcony cabin, this time I treated ourselves with a suite.  Please tell me pros and cons and if you would or would not get FTTF.  Thank you in advance.... 

We haven't needed/wanted to purchased it in over 3 yrs but during those times when we did purchase it, we did NOT do so whenever we had a suite.  We have an excel suite on the Mardi Gras in 4 weeks and would not purchase it separately as the suite perks and platinum combo hits all the items we would be interested in at this time.  

Yes, I book Suites and before I turned Platinum, I bought FTTF every time.  I thought of it as DIY Suite Perks, since Carnival doesn't offer much in that category.  I always wished Carnival would just raise the price of the Suites enough to include the FTTF features and reduce the number of FTTF sold by the number of Suites on each ship.  It seems like they may have done this now.  I notice that Suites are cleaned and ready upon embarkation (although I don't think this is guaranteed).  I believe I have seen Suites listed on the VIP GS line sign in a recent review, but can't confirm this.  Also, Suites seem to get priority tender now.  Last time I sailed, Suites did not get these perks.  I'm not sure which FTTF features are also Suite Perks now, and so how much overlap there would be.  I'm Platinum in a Suite now, so one way or another, I get everything included in FTTF now.  But if there were appealing FTTF perks I didn't get through my VIFP tier or cabin choice, I would still buy FTTF to get them.  But I would much prefer them to include all FTTF  perks as Suite Perks and charge accordingly.  It would also be nice to have all the Suite perks guaranteed, consistent, and in writing.

47 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

We had a suite in August and our suite perks exceeded those you would get with FTTF.  We priority embarkation, priority water shuttles, priority debarkation, priority line at GS, and rooms ready upon boarding.  

WooHoo!  I take it this means they finally did what I was hoping for with the Suite Perks.  Now, if we could just get it all guaranteed, consistent, and clearly in writing.  I wonder if they will now reduce the number of FTTF sold on each ship by the number of Suites.  Otherwise, they've just diluted "Priority" by adding more priority people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

According to this, suite guests have early cabin access.  The only FTTF benefits for suite guests would be priority line at guest services and dedicated guest services phone number

Suite Amenities and Perks (goccl.com)

Those were included as a suite guest when we had a suite in August.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

According to this, suite guests have early cabin access.  The only FTTF benefits for suite guests would be priority line at guest services and dedicated guest services phone number

Suite Amenities and Perks (goccl.com)

14 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

Those were included as a suite guest when we had a suite in August.

These were not included last time we sailed Carnival in a Suite, in January 2020.  So I gather Suite Perks have been upgraded since our last sailing.

8 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

We had a suite in August and our suite perks exceeded those you would get with FTTF.  We priority embarkation, priority water shuttles, priority debarkation, priority line at GS, and rooms ready upon boarding.  

Everything you said above is included with the FTTF.

18 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Suites can arrive anytime, without worry about arrival time.  FTTF might be tied to arrival time. 

It says priority check in. And bypass lines. Nothing about tied to arrival time. So I will take my print out if any problems. So not to worried about arrival time. 

There are varying opinions on what is and isn't included for suites and FTTF (and Diamond and Platinum for that matter). Even Carnival's own site contradicts itself in more than a few places. Also, Carnival's website and shore excursion description say FTTF will have their rooms ready as soon as they board, while their brand ambassador, John Heald, just posted that they can't guarantee it (face palm). But the one thing that's universal (at least as far as I have ever seen across at least a dozen sites), is that suite guests do not have access to the dedicated service desk line/phone number. So, even though it's pricey if that's all you get, for me, it's worth it. I have seen some of those lines. If it saves me 30-60 minutes of vacation time, and a lot less stress, then I consider it money well spent.

Edited by CGrey93
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, CGrey93 said:

There are varying opinions on what is and isn't included for suites and FTTF (and Diamond and Platinum for that matter). Even Carnival's own site contradicts itself in more than a few places. Also, Carnival's website and shore excursion description say FTTF will have their rooms ready as soon as they board, while their brand ambassador, John Heald, just posted that they can't guarantee it (face palm). But the one thing that's universal (at least as far as I have ever seen across at least a dozen sites), is that suite guests do not have access to the dedicated service desk line/phone number. So, even though it's pricey if that's all you get, for me, it's worth it. I have seen some of those lines. If it saves me 30-60 minutes of vacation time, and a lot less stress, then I consider it money well spent.

FE417B33-88BB-4E87-A0E0-0CC46C2E6905.thumb.png.cd7a6eed9cff59cb350f748681985bf3.png

15 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

FE417B33-88BB-4E87-A0E0-0CC46C2E6905.thumb.png.cd7a6eed9cff59cb350f748681985bf3.png

(sigh) thank you for the information. Carnival (whom I love), drives me crazy. I can literally go to 3 different places on their website right now where it says that Suite guests do not get that. I give up. As long as the Cheers! package still lets me order booze, I'm just gonna roll with it.

16 minutes ago, CGrey93 said:

(sigh) thank you for the information. Carnival (whom I love), drives me crazy. I can literally go to 3 different places on their website right now where it says that Suite guests do not get that. I give up. As long as the Cheers! package still lets me order booze, I'm just gonna roll with it.

They also still list Cucina and Chibang as paid food options. The IT department is very bad about information.  I think the XCel ships are so different that they can not be lumped in with the rest. Need to be a separate info sheet. It will be interesting if they take it away from suites now that faster ti fun back. Then excell suites might be the exception.

Edited by Thenagers

1 hour ago, Thenagers said:

This is in Mardis Gras. I am assuming the price of the suites on that ship justifies a line at guest services. 

We have a Vista Suite booked on Pride in July 2023 for 2 people.

We also have an Excel Corner Suite booked on Mardi Gras in February 2024 for 3 people.

The suite on Mardi Gras was $2k LESS than the suite on Pride, despite being a better room and having an additional guest. 🤷🏼‍♀️

8 minutes ago, gabbygal99 said:

We have a Vista Suite booked on Pride in July 2023 for 2 people.

We also have an Excel Corner Suite booked on Mardi Gras in February 2024 for 3 people.

The suite on Mardi Gras was $2k LESS than the suite on Pride, despite being a better room and having an additional guest. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Vista Suites are the best Suites on Spirit Class and highly sought-after.  This could justify the higher price - supply and demand / what the market will bear.  No need to sell a Spirit Class VS cheap - many people (including me) want them and will pay a considerable premium to get them.  I don't have experience with Mardi Gras.  Maybe the Excel Corner Suite on that ship is not as highly prized?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Vista Suites are the best Suites on Spirit Class and highly sought-after.  This could justify the higher price - supply and demand / what the market will bear.  No need to sell a Spirit Class VS cheap - many people (including me) want them and will pay a considerable premium to get them.  I don't have experience with Mardi Gras.  Maybe the Excel Corner Suite on that ship is not as highly prized?

The Pride is also the only Carnival ship in Europe at that time, where the Mardi Gras has the same general itinerary as a bunch of other Carnival ships. In a time where ships aren't sailing full, more choices for the cruiser means lower prices. 

My Pride Balcony this past summer was also more expensive than any "nicer" ships I took in the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

I do think the actual itinerary and season make a huge difference. I know the presidential and corner Aft excel suites go 1st because they have hot tubs in the decks. The front corner suites are actually still available on my spring break cruise so not as in high demand but still over 6500 for 2 people. I agree it is supply and demand. 

• Like 1