Check In

bigeagle12

Do you mean when can you select arrival times in the app?  I have had arrival times available as soon as 60 days in advance and as late as about 3 weeks before sailing. 

the earliest arrival time I have seen  available to select is 11:00 am. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Do you mean when can you select arrival times in the app?  I have had arrival times available as soon as 60 days in advance and as late as about 3 weeks before sailing. 

the earliest arrival time I have seen  available to select is 11:00 am. 

Yes, thanks. I was thinking it was 45 days last January. 

1 hour ago, bigeagle12 said:

When does check in open up in the App?

Recently, any where from 59 days to 12 days before sailing.  Depends on ship and port clearance.

IF you’re referring to boarding group times.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Although they've never asked for it in the past, I guess I'm paranoid about it and don't want to take chances being rejected so I check the app at around 60 days & select my boarding time.

There may be a time when they actually begin to enforce it but for now it's still unnecessary. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Although they've never asked for it in the past, I guess I'm paranoid about it and don't want to take chances being rejected so I check the app at around 60 days & select my boarding time.

There may be a time when they actually begin to enforce it but for now it's still unnecessary. 

I seriously doubt you or anyone would be rejected if you showed up earlier than your assigned time. People are arriving to port via all different ways. For example, someone is dropping you off at the terminal but they have somewhere to be after so you have to go at their convenience. 
As another poster said, people fly in day of. There’s just too many variables when arriving on boarding day.

You’ll be fine.

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I seriously doubt you or anyone would be rejected if you showed up earlier than your assigned time. People are arriving to port via all different ways. For example, someone is dropping you off at the terminal but they have somewhere to be after so you have to go at their convenience. 
As another poster said, people fly in day of. There’s just too many variables when arriving on boarding day.

You’ll be fine.

Prior to choosing the arrival time using the medallion app, they were enforcing the boarding time in San Francisco, based upon what deck you were on.

You can never tell what they might do next week. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Prior to choosing the arrival time using the medallion app, they were enforcing the boarding time in San Francisco, based upon what deck you were on.

You can never tell what they might do next week. 

Interesting we were just talking about this yesterday on cruise critic and last night got an email from Princess about the boarding process for my cruise on Saturday and they listed the times to arrive by deck and said if you arrive before your assigned time, you will be turned away.

This contradicts the Medallion arrival time but I’m Platinum so I’ll be there around 11 like I always do.

Maybe they’re going to start enforcing arrival times but I think they have to update their email to coincide with the Medallion.

Interesting we were just talking about this yesterday on cruise critic and last night got an email from Princess about the boarding process for my cruise on Saturday and they listed the times to arrive by deck and said if you arrive before your assigned time, you will be turned away.

This contradicts the Medallion arrival time but I’m Platinum so I’ll be there around 11 like I always do.

Maybe they’re going to start enforcing arrival times but I think they have to update their email to coincide with the Medallion.

It sounds like they're trying to be more convincing about enforcement but I still think it'll backfire on them. 

Think about the turmoil they'll be at the terminal when dozens of people arrive before they allotted time? Where do they go? They'll only be standing in the way of those that are scheduled to board right then.

It's just easier to let the early arrivals board rather than turn them back.

Let us know how it all works out. 

• Like 1

On a recent RCI cruise, early arrivals were made to wait in a line behind a sign with their boarding group time.   There were some long lines of early arrivals.   

On a recent princess cruise, we walked right in, but we were within our boarding window.  From previous posts, it sounds like Princess has been a little looser in enforcing boarding times.   It would be unusual for us to arrive earlier than our selected window.  I personally hope they tighten up enforcement to make the boarding process easier, faster, & less chaotic.  

14 minutes ago, ldubs said:

On a recent RCI cruise, early arrivals were made to wait in a line behind a sign with their boarding group time.   There were some long lines of early arrivals.   

On a recent princess cruise, we walked right in, but we were within our boarding window.  From previous posts, it sounds like Princess has been a little looser in enforcing boarding times.   It would be unusual for us to arrive earlier than our selected window.  I personally hope they tighten up enforcement to make the boarding process easier, faster, & less chaotic.  

I just don't see how it can work with Princess though with the recent email. My boarding time on my Medallion is 11:00 but on the email last night it's at 1:00 based on my deck.

They need to figure out how they want to assign boarding, either by choosing a time on the medallion or by deck. Very confusing for newbies.

8 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I just don't see how it can work with Princess though with the recent email. My boarding time on my Medallion is 11:00 but on the email last night it's at 1:00 based on my deck.

They need to figure out how they want to assign boarding, either by choosing a time on the medallion or by deck. Very confusing for newbies.

Yeah, that is a communication conflict they really need to address.  It seems so basic.  How can they miss that kind of glitch.  

I don't recall that happening to us for our October Princess cruise.  We might have just missed or ignored the email.  Anyway, if my Princess app showed 11 am then I would show up to board at 11 am.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Anyway, if my Princess app showed 11 am then I would show up to board at 11 am.   

And what would the people who fly do, especially if they landed at 8 AM and got to the terminal at 8:45. There's really no place for them to kill time. 

15 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

And what would the people who fly do, especially if they landed at 8 AM and got to the terminal at 8:45. There's really no place for them to kill time. 

What do they do now?  I don't think there are any 8:45 boarding times.  I would hope someone with an early flight would opt for the earliest boarding time available.  If that isn't until 11:00, they are going to have to kill time someplace.  Maybe get coffee or breakfast or something.   

If that is too much to expect, then why of course they should be treated as special and and the rules shouldn't apply to them and they should be allowed to board ahead of everyone else.  After all, why shouldn't everyone else be delayed to accommodate them.  

24 minutes ago, ldubs said:

What do they do now?  I don't think there are any 8:45 boarding times.  I would hope someone with an early flight would opt for the earliest boarding time available.  If that isn't until 11:00, they are going to have to kill time someplace.  Maybe get coffee or breakfast or something.   

If that is too much to expect, then why of course they should be treated as special and and the rules shouldn't apply to them and they should be allowed to board ahead of everyone else.  After all, why shouldn't everyone else be delayed to accommodate them.  

At 8:45.disembarkation would not even be over no way to board anyone. Still have not been turned away no matter when we arrive at 11:00

• Like 1

The earliest boarding group time on the Medallion app for our 11/23/2022 cruise on the Emerald Princess is 1:00pm out of Ft. Lauderdale / Port Everglades.  The last arrival time goes out to 4:30pm.  The travel summary indicates boarding will be at 12:30pm (which I think is their generic time) but indicates to check the Medallion App to confirm your time.

We had been used to boarding before 12 noon there in the past at Port Everglades.  We did get to the terminal one time pretty early (maybe 10am or so) and they didn't even have the door open to get inside until 11am or so (don't remember the exact times, it was awhile back 🙂).  Everyone arriving early just formed a line outside the door.

The later than normal boarding time on the 11/23/2022 cruise is most certainly due to the Emerald Princess coming in from a TA cruise that morning.  My understanding is that the Coast Guard, CDC, etc. do a more through check on ships coming into the country for the 1st time in awhile, which delays the boarding.

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Oh, they'll kill time all right.... at the terminal whether they're allowed in or faced to wait outside causing congestion for everyone. I don't know how priority is designated but I'm sure that not everyone can select early boarding. 

I'm still not certain that they'll board according to the time selected.

• Like 1

For two west coast cruises this past year, we've flown in to LAX with very early arrivals, around 6-7 AM.  Assuming the Princess transfers will start around 10, we've estimated boarding at 11.  Arrived at LA port, we were immediately put into the security line and then in processed and aboard soon afterward.  No one asked about boarding groups.  Of course, being Elite and in the Green line probably didn't hurt.  🙂

We are being dropped off by one of my wife's sisters who is chronically late for everything. We "hope" to get dropped off around 11:00 AM., We selected a boarding time for our last cruise but it meant nothing. We were on time but it was Vancouver and there was another ship boarding as well so everybody was in one very long line that took forever. We boarded about 1.5 hours after our selected boarding time. Looking at the app just now I don't even see where to select a boarding group.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, RobinAnn said:

I'm not a total newbie, but where the heck is the boarding time shown in my records? I'm sailing on 12/22 and can't seem to find my boarding time anywhere.

Under personal information and documents .. then scroll down and click on arrivals