Carnival Venezia Feb 11, 2024 12 Night Southern, Journeys Cruise

On 1/10/2024 at 10:59 AM, herbertt said:

I am from London, Ontario as well and on this cruise with my friend Connie. We live in Riverside Drive area. Booked this cruise because I liked the ports and it seemed a little different. Maybe we will bump into you on board. We are retired; one with grey hair and the other brown. 

OK so you have one grey hair and one brown hair....I'm sure we'll run into you onboard 🤩😀🍹

I am from London, Ontario and on this cruise with my friend Connie. We live in Riverside Drive area of London. Booked this cruise because I liked the ports and it seemed a little different. Maybe we will bump into you on board. We are retired; one with grey hair and the other brown. I still look somewhat like the picture on my profile. Say hi if you are Canadian.

On 12/13/2022 at 2:32 PM, pieter&sharon said:

We have booked this. A return to Carnival after many years. Love the sea days.

Pieter & Sharon, London, Ontario, Canada.

On 12/13/2022 at 2:32 PM, pieter&sharon said:

We have booked this. A return to Carnival after many years. Love the sea days.

Pieter & Sharon, London, Ontario, Canada.

It's getting so close, can't wait! Cruising as a family of four (two Gen Xers, one adult child and one 12 year old). This will be cruise #14, but it's been 9 years since we've cruised on Carnival. I'm not really attached to any cruise line, but love to leave from the North East to avoid flying.  We live in the Rochester NY area and will be driving in the morning of the cruise. Hoping for decent weather but we'll make it there regardless.  

Does anyone who has cruised with Carnival recently know if the ship stays on EST, or do they switch the clock ahead for Atlantic time? I booked some excursions outside of the cruise line, and it didn't occur to me that there is a potential time difference to deal with.  Our most recent cruises have been NCL and they switch times to match port time.  

I also didn't realize it was Super Bowl weekend when we booked the cruise way back when, so hopefully they are showing the game all over the ship! I will be one of the crazy ladies representing Bills Mafia as they win the game! Go BIlls!

Welcome Aboard Anastasia. The ship should stay on Eastern time. Your tour people should know that but giving them a heads up is not a bad idea.

RU parking at the terminal? I think you can reserve it.

The Super Bowl will be on the Lido screen, some places around the ship and possibly in the cabin.

On 1/11/2024 at 3:25 PM, herbertt said:

I am from London, Ontario and on this cruise with my friend Connie. We live in Riverside Drive area of London. Booked this cruise because I liked the ports and it seemed a little different. Maybe we will bump into you on board. We are retired; one with grey hair and the other brown. I still look somewhat like the picture on my profile. Say hi if you are Canadian.

My last name is  Chevalier- Favreau🤩 my father was Canadian

We lost power in our Ann Arbor MI Condo last night. Sub Zero degrees outside. Got it back after 12 hours. Inside temp went down to 45 degrees.

I'm so ready to Cruise 🥶❤️🛳️

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 6:25 PM, leen50 said:

Welcome Aboard Anastasia. The ship should stay on Eastern time. Your tour people should know that but giving them a heads up is not a bad idea.

RU parking at the terminal? I think you can reserve it.

The Super Bowl will be on the Lido screen, some places around the ship and possibly in the cabin.

Thanks for the information on the time. We'll probably have to change our excursion in Granada 😤 because it isn't strictly for cruise passengers and leaves from a hotel lobby. We are going to be parking with Park Right, a garage on West 43rd st we always use. I like how they drive us in our car right up to the Porters at the terminal so we don't have to deal moving our enormous bags. Mine is always embarrassingly heavy 😬

• Like 2

I think I have already introduced myself and my husband but I will do it again.

Andre and Judy from Ottawa.  Hello fellow cruisers.

We are flying to NYC the day before the cruise and we are sailing with 4 other couples that we met on a Carnival cruise January 2008.  We try to sail with some of them each year.  This is cruise # 49 with Carnival, still trying to reach 50!  The two terrible ‘C’s (Covid and Cancer) have upset the timing.  We hoped to sail cruise # 50 for our 50th anniversary in 2020.  At this point just happy to be sailing at all!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2B AT C said:

At this point just happy to be sailing at all!

Hi Judy, I'm Arleen and my DH is Steve, living in Ann Arbor MI. Celebrating our 59 th Anniversary on our Venezia B2B2B. We embark on February 2 for our first leg. This one will be our 63rd cruise in total, half with Carnival.

Safe Travels to you and your group.

Hi Arleen,

We have relatives in Ann Arbor.  This will be cruise #68 in total, most with Carnival.

Lucky you to be doing B2B2B.  Happy Anniversary !  I have medical stuff this week and again in March so we are just happy to be able to get away for 2 weeks.  We normally spend the winter in Florida but have to stay in the snow and cold this year.  It’s ok, we get to see the grandchildren play hockey and spend time with them as well.  Also looking forward to seeing our cruising friends from Florida, Vermont and North Carolina.

1 hour ago, 2B AT C said:

We have relatives in Ann Arbor 

We moved to Michigan 2+ years ago after 35 years in Texas (we're New Yorkers). Our kids & grandkids all live in Michigan. We missed them so much during the Pandemic so we moved.

Well, it’s getting closer, cannot wait to see some sunshine going two days early from London Ontario. I’ve been to New York a few times, but never in the winter we are staying at the comfort inn by the pier. Anyone have any plans for Saturday or great ideas to fill the day? Nothing cold please. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mollyapple said:

Well, it’s getting closer, cannot wait to see some sunshine going two days early from London Ontario. I’ve been to New York a few times, but never in the winter we are staying at the comfort inn by the pier. Anyone have any plans for Saturday or great ideas to fill the day? Nothing cold please. 

Well if you have not done it before and the weather is good, walk the walk/bike path down the West side. You can go all the way down to the Battery if you want. Little Island Park (built in recent years) is at Pier 55.

Same comment for the Highline, urban elevated park on old railroad path. 

If looking for good burger etc. restaurant, check out Kings of Kobe on 42nd Street

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mollyapple said:

Well, it’s getting closer, cannot wait to see some sunshine

Packed my sunglasses a while ago. Haven't needed them in weeks in Ann Arbor MI. Hopefully I will never take them off on the Cruise!

• Like 2

I received an email about a mass, fleet wide vow renewal happening on Valentines Day. It was pretty short on details, saying we’d find out more once we set sail. Does anyone know if this is a free event, or do they up charge? Trying to figure out if I should bother packing a red dress.

21 hours ago, anastasia3939 said:

I received an email about a mass, fleet wide vow renewal happening on Valentines Day. It was pretty short on details, saying we’d find out more once we set sail. Does anyone know if this is a free event, or do they up charge? Trying to figure out if I should bother packing a red dress.

I don't think they charge.  If it's like Princess everyone meets in a large place and renew the vows together.  I don't think a red dress is necessary just something red.  I wouldn't be suprised to see some very casual participants 🍹

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myjillian said:

I don't think they charge.  If it's like Princess everyone meets in a large place and renew the vows together.  I don't think a red dress is necessary just something red.  I wouldn't be suprised to see some very casual participants 🍹

I think I'll pack the red dress anyway.  I never get to dress up at home, so I do like to dress up a bit for the cruise. I was thinking, it would also make sense for them to make Valentine's day one of the formal nights.  Thanks for the info!

11 hours ago, anastasia3939 said:

I think I'll pack the red dress anyway.  I never get to dress up at home, so I do like to dress up a bit for the cruise. I was thinking, it would also make sense for them to make Valentine's day one of the formal nights.  Thanks for the info!

I think I’ll have to pack a husband too. it should be an interesting event to 

watch. 

• Haha 2

The Super Bowl will be on the Lido deck aft and in tv's all over the ship.  There is also a Meet and Greet on Lido deck 4-4:15 aft where there will be sign up sheets for different card and board games.  Look for the The Party flag and It's 5oclock somewhere flag. 😀

• Like 1