Azamara Newbies dress code query

Pip and Alan

Hi everyone we are taking our first Azamara cruise out of Miami on 5th January.

I am aware of the white evening but what else should I expect please ?

what sort of outfits are ok for general evenings on board.

it’s ages since we last cruised so all help appreciated

Azamara says:

In keeping with our friendly yet sophisticated onboard environment, we encourage guests to follow a “resort casual” dress code. Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants.

When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt.

Formal evening wear is not expected nor required in our restaurants. If you prefer to dress more formally, you are welcome to do so. Please note that tuxedo rentals are not available onboard.

https://www.azamara.com/it/booked-guests/before-you-board/packing-tips#:~:text=In keeping with our friendly,dining room or specialty restaurants.

Edited by blag

56 minutes ago, Cracklin Rosie said:

General evenings onboard - think about going out to a local restaurant in the UK of an evening, what would you wear?  Its that kind of vibe.  Ladies often line to wear a smarter dress or other outfit if they are dining in one of the two restaurants (think smartest place in town wear)

Although some of the web pages mentions formal dressing if you wish, unless its a Christmas/New Year cruise formal wear would be very very much the exception - like the only ones.  Over the festive period it would be about 10% getting sparkled up  

• Like 2

I find it varies tremendously from cruise to cruise, depending on the destination and passenger mix. Our recent Quest cruise had a lot of Australians (very good offer in Australia apparently) on it. I wore quite ‘dressy’ tops with black trousers and sometimes felt a little over-dressed, but the same clothes on previous cruises have felt fine.

Most ladies wore either dresses or nice tops and trousers, men wore polo shirts or open necked shirts, often with smart jeans or chinos in Discoveries MDR or smarter trousers in the speciality restaurants. A small sprinkling of men wore jackets, particularly in the speciality restaurants, but definitely in the minority.

• Like 3

On 11/23/2022 at 1:35 AM, uktog said:

General evenings onboard - think about going out to a local restaurant in the UK of an evening, what would you wear?  Its that kind of vibe.  Ladies often line to wear a smarter dress or other outfit if they are dining in one of the two restaurants (think smartest place in town wear)

Although some of the web pages mentions formal dressing if you wish, unless its a Christmas/New Year cruise formal wear would be very very much the exception - like the only ones.  Over the festive period it would be about 10% getting sparkled up  

Interesting that you mention smarter dress for Christmas/New Year.  I am on Quest with NYE in Sydney Harbour.  Christmas is somewhere along the southern Australian coast.  I did not think about anything dressier, but now that you mention it, sparkly clothing would be lovely for New Year's Eve.  I will still just do good restaurant dress for Christmas day.  Much depends on whether Christmas day is 24°C or 38°C!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2022 at 4:35 PM, Cracklin Rosie said:

Above all else, don't stress. That's part of the appeal of Azamara for me. The dress code for White Night is most definitely optional. They won't disembark you if you wear another colour!  I've seen lots of people in blacks and blues etc. Nobody worries. Just enjoy the relaxed dress and if you do want to go smart for an evening or two you won't be stared at. 

Phil 

• Like 3

I agree with UKTog that resort casual might mean what you would wear to a local restaurant in the UK. However the same seems not to apply in other parts of the world.  On a recent Pursuit cruise to the Middle East the message was obviously not passed on to a large group who turned up for dinner mostly in what we would term as ‘dog walking’ attire but a young lady beautifully turned out was turned away because her top had narrow straps.   It’s open to interpretation.

Thank you all for your input. I thought it was pretty much what I would wear for a night out here. Not stressing about it just curious as don’t want to pack tons of not needed clothes. Really looking forward to it all been way too long since we were on a cruise

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

Do all Azamara cruises have a white night?  Is it mainly the ladies who dress in white or do a lot of men get into the theme too?

Yes, all ships have the white night.  Men dress in white, too.  My late husband would wear jeans or black slacks, but a white or pale lemon shirt.  I would wear white capris, but a pale multicoloured loose chiffon shirt.  If you don’t have white clothes, it doesn’t matter.  If you have a light coloured top or dress though, go with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:22 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

Our recent Quest cruise had a lot of Australians (very good offer in Australia apparently) on it. I wore quite ‘dressy’ tops with black trousers and sometimes felt a little over-dressed, but the same clothes on previous cruises have felt fine.

Trust those Australians to lower the tone: wretched colonials!

• Haha 7

Smart casual is the  best way to go. We have dressed more elegant during Christmas holidays but not really formal dresses. For the New years eve, white is the dress code for us, and on Azamara ships it is often also the white night.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, soley said:

Also on the Onward on the 5th January 2023 and never cruised with Azamara - Be great to get advise 

I will repeat advice given previously up thread.  Country Club Casual.

NO FORMAL.  

For dinner at night, that means what you would wear to a nice restaurant.  Pants and blouse, nice jeans and a collared shirt, slacks and polo top, a dress of any sort.

I am a dressy person by nature.  During the day in warm climates, shorts and fancy T-shirt or flowy wide leg pants and a floaty top.  At night also floaty pants and top.  Dressy but definitely not formal.

My late husband NEVER wore a jacket or tie.  For dinner, slacks and a button-through shirt, slacks and polo, smart jeans and a shirt.  During the day, jeans or denim shorts and polo.

• Like 3