Can you order a bottle of alcohol for your room?

TrinaLC

You can bring wine from the restaurants back to your room, whether you purchase a bottle, get it as part of P+/FAS+, or get it as part of your Platinum meal.  You can also order gifts sent to your room, including bottles of wine.

I've never stayed in the Haven, but I believe you can have your butler setup a bottle of hard liquor in your room.  But I don't believe you can do it in the regular rooms, though I've never actually tried.

Well, the bar drinks are hardly a real pour for one. 

Plus, would like to have at our leisure. Not racing down a melting glass into the cabin. 

I don’t mind a premium for a full liter to enjoy i our room on our own schedule. Actually, I would LIKE that. 

And yes, we have the bev  package. 

• Like 1

Wonder if while hanging at a bar you could occasionally order a neat of whatever it is you like, and just kind of pool together a few shots, maybe pour them in a travel mug or something, and essentially replenish your room daily for the following day. 

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I often order a double, and watch while they actually pour a double.  What are you talking about?

My most recent cruises are on Carnival where you have to wait 5 minutes between pours. Is that not the case on NCL?

10 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I often order a double, and watch while they actually pour a double.  What are you talking about?

They’ve always been pretty liberal with my alcohol, too.

Actually, I find they have a stronger pour and/or alcohol mix than many of the places on land (i.e TGIF, Chilis, etc).

Regarding bottles in your room, pricey indeed, as others have pointed out.  But, it’s available.  Customer Service can help you with that.

Edited by graphicguy

Call 1-800-327-7030 number to check on this ?

On board check with Guest Services for more info

In a Suite check with your Butler

Full liquor bottles of booze provided in Owners/Deluxe Owners & Garden Villa suites

Other staterooms - check with Room Service 

From my post  May 30 2014

BEWARE DATED MATERIAL

NCL BAR SET UP as of November 2013

* Does NOT include the $3.00 each bottle service fee !

* Also note the 800 phone number to call in advance for the Bar Set-Up !

These alcoholic beverages are sold as Bar Set Up amenity orders. Available on all Ships excluding Pride of America.

Please Note: Pricing from Nov. 2013

Bar Set-Up is available for all stateroom categories.

Bar Set-Up is available for purchase onboard but you will be charged 15% on top of the price of the bottle instead of the $3 service fee.

Bar Set-Up must be pre-arranged before the voyage and can be requested up to the day prior to sailing.

Prices are subject to change. Service fee of $3.00 per bottle will be applied. 1.800.327.7030

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram's 7 Crown $80 1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black $100 1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve $100 750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS $120 750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P $100 700 ml

Gin

Beefeater $80 1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire $100 1 Ltr

Liqueurs

Baileys Irish Cream $100 1 Ltr

Southern Comfort $100 1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto $100 1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate $100 750 Ml

Grand Marnier $100 1 Ltr

Kahlua $100 1 Ltr

Rum

Bacardi Superior $80 1 Ltr

Captain Morgan $80 1 Ltr

Scotch Whiskey

J&B Rare $80 1 Ltr

Glenfiddich $100 1 Ltr

Chivas Regal $100 1 Ltr

JW Black $123 980 Ml

Tequila

Cuervo Gold $80 1 Ltr

1800 Reposado $100 750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado $120 750 Ml

Vodka

Smirnoff $80 1 Ltr

Absolut $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Citron $100 1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach $100 1 Ltr

Grey Goose $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange $120 1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire $120 1 Ltr

Well, I have the not-so-obvious solution for those who really want a bottle in the room.  Just book a B2B(2B2B...).  On the last night of the first leg, stock up on bottles in the on-board liquor store.  IIRC, you can take those back to your room.  I'll just let the reader fill in the blanks from here.....  Would I do that?  Of course not.  I have the beverage package.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

I thought I read somewhere the if you bring wine aboard and have a drink package you will not be charged a corkage fee, anyone know about this?

I'm not trying to hijack thread, sorry.

Correct statement.    From the NCL FAQ'S:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.
750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD
1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Corkage Fee is not applicable to guest with beverage package.

* Norwegian encourages the responsible use of alcohol and accordingly reserves the right to permanently or temporarily revoke the drinking privileges of any guest who violates Norwegian's Guest Code of Conduct or who is deemed a danger to himself, herself or others by vessel management. Continued abuse of alcohol while sailing and/or violation of Norwegian's alcohol policy may result in immediate disembarkation.

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 3