Stateroom Liquor Purchasing is BACK!!!

Riles34

Carnival will resume pre-cruise sales of liquor for all itineraries 7-days or longer for all guest as of December 1st. It will be limited to ONE bottle per stateroom!

Better than nothing! This was confirmed by John Heald.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

So now I am allowed to spend $90 on a bottle of cheap Bacardi again?  Woot!

Or buy that same Bacardi at the bar in individual glasses for $160.

This was a good move to bring it back. I'm sure there was lots of pushback from customers. It probably also didn't push people into other, more profitable sales as some may have hoped. Nor did it stop fights. I can live with a 1 bottle limit. For those of us who have a go-to liquor (like Whiskey), it is the best alcohol deal on the ship.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mimito4 said:

I don’t see this option for purchase  on the carnival site. Can you help me? We are sailing on the Dec 11 Celebration. 

We're sailing in April and it's not there yet for us. I suspect it will be after Dec 1st since that is the date that is mentioned.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Or buy that same Bacardi at the bar in individual glasses for $160.

This was a good move to bring it back. I'm sure there was lots of pushback from customers. It probably also didn't push people into other, more profitable sales as some may have hoped. Nor did it stop fights. I can live with a 1 bottle limit. For those of us who have a go-to liquor (like Whiskey), it is the best alcohol deal on the ship.

DW likes to have several drinks before turning in and this is the easiest way to achieve that. We could have made do with wine (there are 5 of us going) or with beer purchased pre-cruise but she does like her rum.

• Like 5

On 11/29/2022 at 11:00 AM, Riles34 said:

Carnival will resume pre-cruise sales of liquor for all itineraries 7-days or longer for all guest as of December 1st. It will be limited to ONE bottle per stateroom!

Better than nothing! This was confirmed by John Heald.

I've looked and haven't been able to find where John mentioned this.  Can you supply a link?

I hope it's true as we've gotten a bottle for the room a couple of times and might consider it for our upcoming cruise in December.

39 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I've looked and haven't been able to find where John mentioned this.  Can you supply a link?

I hope it's true as we've gotten a bottle for the room a couple of times and might consider it for our upcoming cruise in December.

It's true for cruises beginning tomorrow. It was posted a few days ago by a cruiser to him, and he confirmed it. 

31 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Someone posted on his FB page and he commented that it will be on 7+ day cruises.

1 minute ago, teknoge3k said:

It's true for cruises beginning tomorrow. It was posted a few days ago by a cruiser to him, and he confirmed it. 

I just went back to confirm that it wasn't a fake account. Has his blue check mark!

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

I love the rationale:  Someone on a shorter cruise may feel rushed to drink it all at one time; but on a longer cruise, there's less pressure to do so and the person can stretch it out.   😁

Pretty funny.  One cabin can EASILY drink one bottle in a day and they will not be as drunk as most people on cheers IMO.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

I love the rationale:  Someone on a shorter cruise may feel rushed to drink it all at one time; but on a longer cruise, there's less pressure to do so and the person can stretch it out.   😁

You are allowed to take the unused alcohol with you when you depart at your home port.

• Like 1

Appreciate all the comments, but again if someone can please post the carnival link for purchasing liquor for the room. Our cruise is Dec 11 Celebration and it has been said this is now available for cruises departing Dec. I have worn myself out trying to find it. Thank you. 

Just now, mimito4 said:

Appreciate all the comments, but again if someone can please post the carnival link for purchasing liquor for the room. Our cruise is Dec 11 Celebration and it has been said this is now available for cruises departing Dec. I have worn myself out trying to find it. Thank you. 

I think what was mentioned was that pre-cruise liquor would be back on the Carnival site beginning Dec. 1.

And I've just wasted a good half hour scrolling through John Heald's FB page looking for this and have yet to find it.  Oh well, I guess we'll know tomorrow if it's true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would love to be able to purchase for a shorter cruise and take the leftovers home with me. Since 7 days cruises are {often/generally) more port intensive I doubt I would drink anymore on a 4/5 day than I would on a 7, but that's just me I guess. 

15 hours ago, mimito4 said:

I just checked and it's still not available. Sign into your account and click on manage your cruise. In the upper left corner, right below the Carnival logo, it says Categories. Click on it and then select In Room Food and Beverages. There will be a submenu that comes up and when liquor is available it would appear there. You can make this purchase up to 48 hours before departure.

Edited by sparks1093

24 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I just checked and it's still not available. Sign into your account and click on manage your cruise. In the upper left corner, right below the Carnival logo, it says Categories. Click on it and then select In Room Food and Beverages. There will be a submenu that comes up and when liquor is available it would appear there. You can make this purchase up to 48 hours before departure.

I mean it is Carnival after all. I logged in this morning and I am still seeing the cyber Monday offers for wifi and the spa even though it clearly says expires at 11:59p on 11/30. 

They might need some more time. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, x lindsay x said:

I mean it is Carnival after all. I logged in this morning and I am still seeing the cyber Monday offers for wifi and the spa even though it clearly says expires at 11:59p on 11/30. 

They might need some more time. 

True that. They still have time to add it to the site before the 1st of December is in the rearview mirror. We don't sail until April so we have time.