Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The main church in old town has a beautiful park in front of it. 

AC1F07EA-94CF-4CDC-BE39-5B7A741376C2.thumb.jpeg.7b8bad8edfb037c4755913df10957fc2.jpeg

The colour of the sky in this pic is absolutely stunning!!!  

Also love the pictures of doors that you have posted.  You have such a great eye, Jim!

Continue to enjoy .... so glad you have the second half of the B2B to cruise so there are more live reports that we all get to keep reading.  ☺️

Hi Jim,

Have you happened to notice any stray dogs while you have been in port? I have heard there is a stray dog problem in Mexico and when we were on the Millenium last year in Ensenada there was a dog that was following us when we walked into town. I am a bit concerned about getting off the ship with Henrietta next month when we are on our Mexico cruise if its not going to be safe for her.

thanks,

Diane & Henrietta

2 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Hi Jim,

Have you happened to notice any stray dogs while you have been in port? I have heard there is a stray dog problem in Mexico and when we were on the Millenium last year in Ensenada there was a dog that was following us when we walked into town. I am a bit concerned about getting off the ship with Henrietta next month when we are on our Mexico cruise if its not going to be safe for her.

thanks,

Diane & Henrietta

Diane & Henrietta -   Really didn't notice any in particular.   We did see dogs all over the place taking a siesta.   You know what a sucker I am for dogs.    I did share my taco with one at the Taquilla place.   Very strange dog -  markings of a Beagle but about 3 feet tall.  

I'll have to see if I can find Henrietta a Mexican Boyfriend.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Diane & Henrietta -   Really didn't notice any in particular.   We did see dogs all over the place taking a siesta.   You know what a sucker I am for dogs.    I did share my taco with one at the Taquilla place.   Very strange dog -  markings of a Beagle but about 3 feet tall.  

She would love it - lol! Congrats on the move up!

Edited by DUTRAVEL

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

As was mentioned tmw menu was one of our least favorite.    I did have the Chicken Liver custard and the Petite Filet from kids menu. 

Happy to say perfect size for me and very flavorful.   Much better than the NY that had little flavor. 

of course I had a baked potato to go with it

4E032180-E117-4A44-8DBD-917CF7EB7C7E.thumb.jpeg.d5d2fb27fc4ed4b18b4d804d316004e8.jpeg

Last night we had a very nice dinner at Luminae. We did order a few items off of the MDR menu but for our main I had the Short Rib and this time it did not disappoint. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'll shoot a picture tomorrow.  

So far I've not seen a single one being used.    The lawn has been packed at times watching the World Cup. 

Cabana Menu -  1 Liter of your choice from menu

image.thumb.png.c90909f0ecc7d5aed0eea7f690f82332.png

Thank you!! I’ve seen this menu but I thought it was just for the edge class ships was not sure if the Solstice had a different type of menu?

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim,

Theat type of dog sounds like a Foxhound or Harrier. They are great dogs! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Last night we had a very nice dinner at Luminae. We did order a few items off of the MDR menu but for our main I had the Short Rib and this time it did not disappoint. 

Glad to hear as the Short Rib appetizer I had was delicious.   You must have gotten the fat that was missing from mine.   As I said my waiter said he likes them but doesn't like the .... didn't know the word for it and said the slimy stuff it sometimes has.  

I have to admit the 4 ounce Filet from the Kid's menu I had last night was just the perfect size for me and loved it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, r2h2 said:

Jim,

Theat type of dog sounds like a Foxhound or Harrier. They are great dogs! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I would agree but this one had a curly tail like a basenji.  I'm sure she was a mutt, as it was in a little village with only one store and a school.   

1 hour ago, sdnich said:

Thank you!! I’ve seen this menu but I thought it was just for the edge class ships was not sure if the Solstice had a different type of menu?

My understanding is that it is the same on all of the ship but different paper and format.

33 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding is that it is the same on all of the ship but different paper and format.

Thank you Jim ! I look forward to seeing any pictures that you can post we booked it on the Cabo port day because we’ve been there so many times!! I thought it would be a great day to relax on the ship ! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have to admit the 4 ounce Filet from the Kid's menu I had last night was just the perfect size for me and loved it. 

This will definitely be my go to when nothing else really appeals to me. Glad to know this is an option.

Thanks for all the pictures you're posting. I'm having a wonderful time on your trip! 

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Was notified yesterday that we were moved up to a Royal.    Yea. 

8006A00F-3144-4E10-9ED1-E237DB1ED4F3.thumb.jpeg.fb13a27b143ee671e0f7666b98e65ec6.jpeg

Woohoo. What number. Our last cruise just pre the Rona was on the Solstice in 1241. Enjoy!

• Like 1

It’s interesting, on Cunard you are visited by the upgrade fairy.   It’s a no cost upgrade and at times we have been upgraded from Britannia class, regular verandah, to the Queens Grill lowest level suite.   We are on the QM2 now for 19 days and the ship is full, 2300 passengers -150 K ton ship.

The first crossing is a Literary cruise with about 20 popular authors plus the editor of the London Times book review and past editor of the New York Times book review.   BBC TV and radio hosts are chairing discussions with the authors.   We are really adding to our “books to be read” list.   The upgrade fairy works well for Cunard because once you eat in their top restaurant, you are never quite as happy in the lower level restaurants.    I have looked at the menus in the Britannia, regular MDR, and there are much better choices than in Luminae.  

• Like 1