Princess raising prices of plus and premier packages

justafem

2 hours ago, 65Mommy said:

Has anyone done the math to determine how many glasses of wine you need to drink to save money by buying the drink package for an entire cruise?  It seems that on many days, unless you stay on the ship and take no tours, you cannot drink enough to save money.  Am I insane and getting old?

If you mean the Princess Plus package, I reckon three glasses of wine a day is the break even point, depending on how much you value the wifi element.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 65Mommy said:

Has anyone done the math to determine how many glasses of wine you need to drink to save money by buying the drink package for an entire cruise?  It seems that on many days, unless you stay on the ship and take no tours, you cannot drink enough to save money.  Am I insane and getting old?

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

If you mean the Princess Plus package, I reckon three glasses of wine a day is the break even point, depending on how much you value the wifi element.   

@65MommyThe beverage part of the plus and premier packages includes more than just wine and other alcoholic drinks.  It also includes mocktails, soda, specialty teas and coffees, bottled water, and juices.  You need to add them to your computations.  I agree with @wowzzthat about 3 alcoholic drinks will recoup your beverage portion of the package.

• Like 2

We agree you start getting to the breakeven point with 3 drinks (costing near the max per drink).  Consider that the new packages include tips which, along, cost $16 - $18 a day.  Even on a sea day, DW and I would normally have a pre-dinner drink (cocktail) or two and 2 glasses of wine at dinner.  Even if we did not have anything else all day this would be enough to break even.  But many mornings we would also enjoy a Bloody Mary or Mimosa and we would likely have some drinks after dinner.  We also will routinely get coffee drinks (such as cappucino) at the IC which is also covered by the package.  And finally, there is the included Internet.

Hank

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 65Mommy said:

I've mathed it out several times

$15 per person per day grats

$15 per person per day internet

$30

Plus package is $60 per person per day, which means the beverage part is only $30 per person per day.  If you drink 2 cocktails, that's $30 (ish, give or take a couple of bucks depending on the drink).  Anything above is more than the cost of plus.  

This also includes unlimited specialty coffees, bottles of water, juice, brewed coffee and tea (not the nasty stuff in the buffet) and countless mocktails.  And this also includes room service for all beverages.  It was so nice at 3 am to get a butter pecan latte! 

Now you know! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 65Mommy said:

Valid point, at $40 it was not worth doing the calculation, breakeven was relatively easy and convenience made it a simple decision. At $50 I paused and at $60 it is easy to resist.

• Like 6

On 12/28/2022 at 10:46 PM, 65Mommy said:

Some people say around 4 drinks.

We've been averging around 11 or 12 without any problem. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, justafem said:

I've mathed it out several times

$15 per person per day grats ( now $16 - $18)

$15 per person per day internet

$30 (now $29 - $27)

Plus package is $60 per person per day, which means the beverage part is only $30 per person per day.  If you drink 2 cocktails, that's $30 (ish, give or take a couple of bucks depending on the drink).  Anything above is more than the cost of plus.  

This also includes unlimited specialty coffees, bottles of water, juice, brewed coffee and tea (not the nasty stuff in the buffet) and countless mocktails.  And this also includes room service for all beverages.  It was so nice at 3 am to get a butter pecan latte! 

Now you know! 

What no one has mentioned is the freedom to try something new and, if you don't like it, to just not finish it.

It's a fun thing to do on vacation and not something I'd ever do if I was paying for that drink individually.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 4

With the new pricing, I think the per drink limit price on the Plus package went up.  Has that happened yet? If so, has that made any changes in the wine menu? Are the brands of wine listed instead of just the generic “Chardonnay “? 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 10:46 PM, 65Mommy said:

Depends somewhat on what you are drinking, but 3-4 drinks a day and it is worth it.  

6 hours ago, jeno said:

With the new pricing, I think the per drink limit price on the Plus package went up.  Has that happened yet? If so, has that made any changes in the wine menu? Are the brands of wine listed instead of just the generic “Chardonnay “? 

what is the new pricing?

1 hour ago, SClakeliving said:

So if the old package @$50 was included in our cruise fare, are we subject to the new limits or old limits? 

My understanding is that you will get the new limits on beverages but you will not get the “new” items such as fancy desserts or free fitness classes unless you pay the upgrade. All the promos I have seen show a big”NEW” next to those items

1 minute ago, memoak said:

My understanding is that you will get the new limits on beverages but you will not get the “new” items such as fancy desserts or free fitness classes unless you pay the upgrade. All the promos I have seen show a big”NEW” next to those items

You're right.

That was stated in posts many times.

I tried to find one to quote but couldn't.

• Thanks 1