St Vincent, no excursions offered

rcrabb1513

We are sailing in March, 2024 on a 10 day Southern Caribbean itinerary on Silhouette.  All ports but St. Vincent have excursions offered.  One caveat, we stop at St Vincent on Easter Sunday, 2024.  We are curious if there are none offered because of how far out the cruise is or does Easter have anything to do with it?

29 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I cannot even think ahead to 2024 much less island excursions :). To use a good TV quote, "patience grasshopper."

Hank

What prompted my question is all the other ports of call do have excursions offered via cruise planner. 

I have a May 2023 cruise that over the last 6 months has been slowly adding excursions.  I get the impression they are added as the contracts with the excursion companies get put in place which doesn't happen all at once.

1 hour ago, rcrabb1513 said:

We are sailing in March, 2024 on a 10 day Southern Caribbean itinerary on Silhouette.  All ports but St. Vincent have excursions offered.  One caveat, we stop at St Vincent on Easter Sunday, 2024.  We are curious if there are none offered because of how far out the cruise is or does Easter have anything to do with it?

Two possibilities.

They are sold out or trying to get new vendors to provide tours. 2024!  Wow.  Celebrity is still adding tours on our January 2023 cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We found the botanical gardens quite interesting and lovely there. I believe this was included in a ship tour. I know we had a group and a guide. Wouldn't suggest doing this without a park guide to describe the plants as you go along. 

• Thanks 1

Be patient.  With the cruise that far out,  Celebrity will be adding excursions even to the ports that already have some listed.  Do you really think that a ship, any ship, would arrive in port and offer no excursions?  These excursions are revenue generating for them.  So, as many have said, just be patient.  We are also on that same cruise.  Never been to St Vincent before had one scheduled, but cancelled that cruise.  We want to take the ships excursion over to Bequa Island, the second largest island in the Grenadines.  It was what we had booked for our excursion in St Vincent before we canceled the cruise (due to Covid).  

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
23 hours ago, vacationislife said:

We sail in January and there are still no excursions available.

We are on the 29th sailing as well. The St Vincent stop on the March sailing that the OP was referring to has been replaced. The Celebrity website says they do not stop in St Vincent. I’m wondering if we are not stopping and it’s just a placeholder until they find another port?  Don’t know but it’s odd that 5 months out there are no excursions.  At one point, St Vincent was removed from our itinerary than put back on. 

image.thumb.png.232ed2d60c868bc11413e5137bf8318d.png