Non smoking side of Anthem of the Seas?

CaribNomad

Greetings,

We'll be taking a Norwegian Fjords vacation on Anthem of the Seas. We're non smokers and sensitive to the smell of smoke. Am I correct in understanding that on deck 5 there is a smoking section on the starboard side? And therefore we should opt for a balcony cabin on the port side to avoid the smell?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, CaribNomad said:

Greetings,

We'll be taking a Norwegian Fjords vacation on Anthem of the Seas. We're non smokers and sensitive to the smell of smoke. Am I correct in understanding that on deck 5 there is a smoking section on the starboard side? And therefore we should opt for a balcony cabin on the port side to avoid the smell?

Thanks

Unless there has been a change smoking is also allowed on deck 14 near the pool port side. You would think they would keep the stench on one side. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Unless there has been a change smoking is also allowed on deck 14 near the pool port side. You would think they would keep the stench on one side. 

Thanks for your reply. Not great thinking on Royal Caribbean's part!

The smoke from the smoking area on deck 5 will probably have more of an impact on your balcony than the area on 14. We were in 8682 and could sometimes smell smoke from the deck 5 smoking area, especially when people were smoking right outside that covered area.  

Anything forward of x648 should not have any smoke issues.

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Is Anthem different than other RCI ships? I'm fairly certain that on all of the ships I have been on recently, smoking was on the port side, regardless of which deck.

Yes, Anthem has a "bus stop" on deck 5 starboard, below 6674 to 6682.

I think all Quantum class have the starboard bus stop.

Edited by Another_Critic

We had a balcony on the 7th deck Anthem of the Seas last month and always pick starboard due to port being the smoking side on most of the other classes. AVOID the back lower decks on starboard side on the Anthem. We did smell smoke (mostly when docked and not moving) and the noise was also bothersome. Lesson learned…..

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Anything forward of x648 should not have any smoke issues.

Yes, Anthem has a "bus stop" on deck 5 starboard, below 6674 to 6682.

I think all Quantum class have the starboard bus stop.

Then why not make the smoking section on deck 14 the starboard side also? To me it just makes sense, and helps avoid confusion, if the smoking section is on the same side on all decks that allow smoking.

6 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

I thought smoking was on the port side on Deck 5 and starboard side on the pool deck?  I could be wrong.  Maybe thinking of another ship.

On Celebrity ships, smoking is on the port side both at the pool and promenade.

On Celebrity ships, smoking is on the port side.  Not on the Edge.  Deck 5 it is located in primo wrap around space just outside of Eden and on the pool deck it is upstairs just above Mast Grill, again, prime location as well and at Sunset Bar.

52 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Then why not make the smoking section on deck 14 the starboard side also? To me it just makes sense, and helps avoid confusion, if the smoking section is on the same side on all decks that allow smoking.

This is RCI (Really Consistently Inconsistent), so inconsistency makes sense.  🙄