Back from Beyond

mitchtech

On 12/12/2022 at 9:55 AM, mitchtech said:

.  We always book a sunset verandah but could not get 2 rooms next to each other for this cruise so we went for the infinite  verandah.  I have to tell you that we LOVED  it! I honestly was so worried that we wouldn't  pre cruise because I could not find any review that was positive. I tried to change our stateroom  up until the last day because I was so apprehensive  about the infinite verandah.  I have to say, I would 100 percent  book it again. Even over the sunset verandah. It is not like a cabin with a big picture window. It is like a balcony only more private when you have the whole window portion down. And if it's  too breezy you can just open a portion of it to get the nice fresh ocean air. We had it open either partially or fully every time we were in the cabin. Lying in bed, having coffee, having a cocktail at sunset or just getting ready to go out. Never had a single bug fly in the room which I've  read and not once did the captain close it when I wanted it open. Why would you  want it open if the weather was inclement  or they were cleaning the balconies  anyway? And don't get me started about having to hold the button  down to open it. It takes all of about 30 seconds. And by the way  to open or close the blind portion you don't  have to hold it. 

yes I have always thought the same thing.  floor to ceiling window with sitting area and not having to deal with wind or bugs.  sounds good to me.  And lowering the window to stick head out is fine.

Also seems to be to be less noisy as I have had some balconies where nearby folks were loud.

I think the more you and others talk positively about this type of room, then more others will learn to accept and also like.

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think the more you and others talk positively about this type of room, then more others will learn to accept and also like.

Sounds like one of the 6 stages.....

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Why is it that fans of IV cabins can't simply like them and leave it at that? Why do they have this creepy need to indoctrinate others into liking them too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RichYak said:

Why is it that fans of IV cabins can't simply like them and leave it at that? Why do they have this creepy need to indoctrinate others into liking them too?

I don't try to "indoctrinate" anyone into liking them.

BUT the same if not more can be said for the IV haters. They typically come back with negatives ANY time anyone says they liked them and had no issues with them. ANY time. Who's trying to "indoctrinate" whom??

• Like 3

I wholeheartedly agree with the previous posters!  It's a gorgeous ship!

The 4 main dining rooms were so elegant that they felt like specialty restaurants.  No problems getting a table although there was occasionally a short wait.

I was prepared to hate the infinite verandah and ended up loving it.  I could close the bifold doors and sit there to read in good light when my husband was sleeping in the dark room.  When the bifold doors are open, there is a fabulous floor to ceiling ocean view.

The biggest disappointment was the lack of a sports court.  On Holland America and RCCL, my husband enjoyed pickleball games every day.  For that reason, we will probably not choose Celebrity for future cruises.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I don't try to "indoctrinate" anyone into liking them.

BUT the same if not more can be said for the IV haters. They typically come back with negatives ANY time anyone says they liked them and had no issues with them. ANY time. Who's trying to "indoctrinate" whom??

There's plenty of love for IVs in this thread and none of what you describe, despite capitalizing the word "any" twice.

My point was not that all IV fans try to indoctrinate others and I certainly didn't accuse you of this. It's that IV is the only class of cabin where such behavior exists. Have you ever seen anyone who swears by inside cabins tell others that they must like them too?

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

"They are often referred to as Juliet balconies[2] after the scene from Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet."

If I'm standing on the balconet, where does Romeo stand to serenade me???

If you are standing on the balconet you are on a different ship.  The IVs are not balconets.  

If you are standing on a balconet in a IV you are outside the window and falling into the ocean.

Edited by NMTraveller

14 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

If you are standing on the balconet you are on a different ship.  The IVs are not balconets.  

If you are standing on a balconet in a IV you are outside and falling into the ocean.

Thank you for answering the question.  I guess I’ll find out in a few months.

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

I thought I was going to not like the IV based on comments I saw on this board.  Ended up loving the IV.  Can’t wait to go on the Beyond again.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RichYak said:

There's plenty of love for IVs in this thread and none of what you describe, despite capitalizing the word "any" twice.

My point was not that all IV fans try to indoctrinate others and I certainly didn't accuse you of this. It's that IV is the only class of cabin where such behavior exists. Have you ever seen anyone who swears by inside cabins tell others that they must like them too?

The only behavior of negativity was against the IV. I just wanted to reassure others that it is  not at all as horrible as others portray it to be and people should not be so adamant that it is. Some people don't  like change but most of the time change is good

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mitchtech said:

The only behavior of negativity was against the IV. I just wanted to reassure others that it is  not at all as horrible as others portray it to be and people should not be so adamant that it is. Some people don't  like change but most of the time change is good

Um, what if I’m a sleepwalker?

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Um, what if I’m a sleepwalker?

The same could be said for a balcony room. 

As long as you're not leaving the top half down - and don't operate the switch in your sleep - there should be no issue.

Actually, I just watched my video tour of my solo IV and you can yourself lock the IV from the control panel. So if you're a sleepwalker and worried about putting the top down in your sleep, just lock the window from the panel.)

We were on this cruise too.  Wasn't sure what to think about the IV balcony thingy but we also loved it.  In fact my wife insisted on having the window open all night long.  Only sound was the ship cutting through the waves, no wind sound but there was a constant nice breeze all night long.  Food was great, Rooftop Garden surprised me as to how good it was.  No waits anywhere on the ship and the staff was great.  Really don't know why there was a port day in Nassau, it is so far out of the way and to me a worthless stop.  It seemed to also cut our port time in other ports due to having to basically back track to Ft Lauderdale before heading south.  

On 12/13/2022 at 5:00 PM, RichYak said:

because those who do not like them have the need to keep telling us why the do not.

goes both ways.

but as the saying goes, Try it you Might like it.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

because those who do not like them have the need to keep telling us why the do not.

goes both ways.

but as the saying goes, Try it you Might like it.

Rooms are slightly bigger with the IV yes?  Plus you can have the window open most of the time?

35 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Rooms are slightly bigger with the IV yes?  Plus you can have the window open most of the time?

yes and yes. I've slept overnight with the IV window down and it remained down when I woke up. Again the HAVAC remains OFF with the window open, but we enjoy the room on the warmer side, so it wasn't an issue. 

• Thanks 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
9 minutes ago, industrious95 said:

Do the Beyond veranda cabins have refrigerators?  If so, is there room to put stuff in it, or is it just full of $7.00 water bottles and overpriced beer?

We are in an Aqua Class cabin in March 2023.

When they finally start selling jars of Grey Poupon mustard in the fridge, and for no less than $19/ounce, only then I will believe that Celebrity is as upscale as I deserve (and not a moment sooner).

And doggone it, I'm worth it!🎩

14 minutes ago, industrious95 said:

Do the Beyond veranda cabins have refrigerators?  If so, is there room to put stuff in it, or is it just full of $7.00 water bottles and overpriced beer?

There are refrigerators in all cabins and they have room for your own stuff. 

52 minutes ago, industrious95 said:

You only pay $7 for your water?  How do I sail on that cruise line?

We are booked for September 8th on our first Celebrity cruise….done lots of RCCL.

I have just been looking at My time dining reservations….4 restaurants…. Any useful information at to which are the best?

Hoping the food is better than the recent P&O cruise we have been on!

I’ve booked Eden one night so far.

Any tips gratefully received.

Also we are Diamond RCCL so Elite on Celebrity… which is fab…if I want to upgrade to Premium drinks do I need to do it before cruise to obtain discount for Elite status?

Merry Christmas 🎄  

Hi. We went to 3 out of the 4 restaurants. We didn't  go to Cosmopolitan. They all offer 3 special appetizers and 3 specialty entrees designed to fit the theme of the restaurant.. French, Italian, etc. We weren't  thrilled with the special dishes at Cosmopolitan  so we chose to do the others instead. In our opinion, Cyprus was the best and ate there the most. Our least favorite was Tuscan but that could have been due to an unhappy, rude server. We made reservations  every night but saw that most people didn't  and never had to wait for a table.  I think you can upgrade to premium while on board but you can also pay the difference  if there is a specialty drink you want that is not on the classic package, sometimes that is more cost effective depending  on what premium beverages you want. In our opinion the classic was fine. While we normally drink Grey goose at home, we "slummed" it on the ship and drank Titos. We survived, haha. We also found the wines on the classic to be very good

We sailed on BEYOND..only 5 days..in Nov..rt Port Ev to W Carib..only git off in Cozumel.  The ship was amazing  overall and we had a great cruise.  ..  sorry I.never got around to posting a review. 

We  had accumulated lots of credits and OBC  so we sailed in a suite...first time ever.  It was a nice size  cabin ..odd bathroom layout with a large tub, and of course we had all the suite perks and amenities which were very nice and we felt very pampered all around. Some of the pvt areas were mostly empty, waste of space...but the pvt pool area was cowded unless it was a port day.

Our least fav thing  associated was Luminae... We did not like the menus, layout, etc. We ordered many of the fav "all the time" dishes. The shrimp cocktail  had small mushy shrimp and tasteles sauce.   Our fav meal was when we went to BLU..which was amazing.  Menu, food and service were A +. We had the usual pre dinner spreads, a bread tray on the table ( in Luminae they doled  out the bread piecemeal)      

we just  booked ASCENT..but are taking an AQ Class IV room..had that before and liked it.  We'll be happy to be back in BLU and access to the Thermal suite