Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?

kilili

6 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Respectively disagree. In all of my travels I have found that it is always best to try to achieve a resolution on the spot and only if that fails, then try to get relief using documentation after the fact. 

Okay. I agree that when you show a server the web page that clearly states your drinks are covered up to 15 and they still decline to honor it , we should request to speak with the manager. If the manager still insists on the 12 max, however, I'm going to take my concerns to corporate. 

7 hours ago, memoak said:

Yes at that time but when I check on the personalizer and click on upgrade to plus I get a screen with perks included showing drinks to $15. It also shows 3 items with NEW next to them. It then says my current package does not include the NEW items. Also I have seen bar menus showing lists of liquors and wines that say included with Plus no mention of multiple plans

Paid in February with Plus Promo.  When I click on Packages under Payment and Packages it is still showing beverages up to $12.  Under Cruise Personaliser it's Plus Beverage Package - 50.  No mention of the $ limit.  I booked with a UK TA but surely that doesn't make a difference?

What with this beverage confusion and the Medallion debacle, which still won't accept anything in OceanReady, our cruise will really have to be something to make me even think about booking Princess again.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

It makes no difference - if you bought the plus package, you get the plus beverage  package, which includes all drinks up to $15.  

You really need to read all the posts to keep up !

Please can you direct me to where I find this in writing?

44 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Please can you direct me to where I find this in writing?

Post #105 in this thread. This is what shows up under the purchases for anyone who paid $50 for Plus. It shows what the package includes and shows what the NEW items are. And at the bottom, in red, it says that you don’t get the NEW items. The $15 drink allowance is NOT listed as a NEW item. So you get it. 

If you are trying to replicate this, just access your Personalizer and pretend that you do not have any package at all. Follow the steps to purchase a package. Once on that page, your Personalizer will show you what you already have. And it will look just like Post #105. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Post #105 in this thread. This is what shows up under the purchases for anyone who paid $50 for Plus. It shows what the package includes and shows what the NEW items are. And at the bottom, in red, it says that you don’t get the NEW items. The $15 drink allowance is NOT listed as a NEW item. So you get it. 

If you are trying to replicate this, just access your Personalizer and pretend that you do not have any package at all. Follow the steps to purchase a package. Once on that page, your Personalizer will show you what you already have. And it will look just like Post #105. 

It looks like the Personalizer is different in different countries.  When I try to book a package I get a message: You may already have beverage packages. Review confirmed packages

When I click on the Review link I just see the Plus Beverage Package - 50 with no beverage limit.

And as I posted above:

When I click on Packages under Payment and Packages it is still showing beverages up to $12. 

12 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

Ive read many of these posts but not all of them and im still confused as to what the answer is to 

If you have the plus package but bought when the limit was $12 are you or are you not able to now get the drinks up to $15 ???? 

so many reports of yes and No or is it really that the staff have no idea ??? and its now pot luck? 

The correct answer is that beverages up to $15 are included at no extra cost.

The problem is that, apparently, some ships are not doing this correctly.

• Like 3

On 12/27/2022 at 4:09 PM, Ladyshopper23 said:

Be a fun time for all of us on cruises when this actually comes in (our 15 night cruise starts on 15th Feb). If drink prices are going up, that's going to mean new menus etc for every single bar. Also be interesting for anyone paying for drinks as they go on cruises such as ours if the drink prices do suddenly go up overnight.

Quoting myself here, but back from our cruise on Crown Princess. We had the plus package, but only drinks up to $12 were included for the whole cruise (cruise dates were 15th Feb - 3rd March). Went to guest services and asked about it, as it didn't seem right, but they wouldn't budge. There were signs up about it in many places such as Vines.

Didn't matter too much to us, as pretty much everything we wanted, except for possibly some wines came in at $12 or less. Didn't seem right though.

• Like 1

I purchased under the "old" plan...

When I open my Travel Summary under my account, it shows the Premium Plus + juice bar, 2 fitness classes & 2 premium desserts.

This would indicate to me that everything has been grandfathered in.

Can you imagine how confusing it would be to crew if they didn't?

Now, I cannot guarantee this, but I will confirm when I embark on the 26th.

2 hours ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Went to guest services and asked about it, as it didn't seem right, but they wouldn't budge.

Princess was very clear that the change was for "Cruises Departing On Or After February 20."  They never advertised "Starting on February 20..."  Your cruise departed on February 15, so, they weren't wrong.  Have to make a cutoff somewhere.

• Like 2

We have purchased the plus package under the old plan. Plus Beverage Package - 50. On the Princess app, under packages shows the plus package "wine and beer up to $12 each". We sail May 7, 2023. We purchased the soda package for my daughter. It doesn't yet show up at all on the app. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KKB said:

I purchased under the "old" plan...

When I open my Travel Summary under my account, it shows the Premium Plus + juice bar, 2 fitness classes & 2 premium desserts.

This would indicate to me that everything has been grandfathered in.

Can you imagine how confusing it would be to crew if they didn't?

Now, I cannot guarantee this, but I will confirm when I embark on the 26th.

I would be shocked if they gave you the same benefits but ley us know. It should prove interesting. 

If you look at the fine print it does point out (in my situation) that the new items are not included in my package. Not that I care for any of them anyway.

image.png.d814c842ebc8c678a331a5829c3a7707.png

21 hours ago, mygirlsemandsam said:

We have purchased the plus package under the old plan. Plus Beverage Package - 50. On the Princess app, under packages shows the plus package "wine and beer up to $12 each". We sail May 7, 2023. We purchased the soda package for my daughter. It doesn't yet show up at all on the app. 

See if you are getting the same result using the web Personalizer.  For most people is shows up there exactly the way it appears in MissP22's post above.  If so, print that out and carry it with you. 

21 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

See if you are getting the same result using the web Personalizer.  For most people is shows up there exactly the way it appears in MissP22's post above.  If so, print that out and carry it with you. 

Good luck. I hope it works out for them. 

22 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

@JimmyVWine this is what it looks like on mine: Personalizer vs what I can see on the app. So its all incredibly confusing.... especially if the crewmembers go by what's in the app. 

MedallionAppPP.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 1.07.40 PM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

The Web Personalizer shows $15. I will print and take with us but we mostly drink mocktails and beer so I don't think we will need it. 

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

We were on a January 14th cruise and I had  the $40 a day version.  (Before it was called the Plus) The $12 limit was used in our cruise.  
I understood that for cruises departing after 2/20 the new limit would be $15.

At the time a lot of people were complaining and suspecting that Princess was going to increase drink and wine prices across the board.  Basically cancelling out the actual difference.

Have those of you with cruises departing after February 20th noticed an significant increase in the cost of drinks and wine?

IMO Princess’s $60 a day Plus package is still the best deal when compared to other cruise lines.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

IMO Princess’s $60 a day Plus package is still the best deal when compared to other cruise lines.

I think they've reached the limit that many people will pay from those I've talked to on the last cruise. Many people felt that they were being pushed to drink much more that they would have otherwise & they would rather just buy what they wanted in the future.

We shall see.

13 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I think they've reached the limit that many people will pay from those I've talked to on the last cruise. Many people felt that they were being pushed to drink much more that they would have otherwise & they would rather just buy what they wanted in the future.

We shall see.

Yes, we shall see.   The elimination of the Just Coffee and Grounds package might nudge a few speciality coffee lovers.  Purchasing any of the Beverage packages alone does not make  sense to many people.  The Plus package is  a much better deal.  But perhaps some people will buy the Zero Proof package.  Or just buy  drinks, pay for their internet, and pay the gratuities.  I am not sure it makes much difference to Princess.   I suspect most Coffee and Ground packages were free swaps, so Princess will probably make more money on Speciality Coffee now.

I consider Plus to now be the poor man's Premier. Honestly, most Plus wines are consumed onshore straight out of the bottle hidden in a paper bag. 

The trick is to pay the per drink upcharge for Premier,  if you are a light drinker. For light drinkers, that is a better value than paying for the Premier package. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, roadster08 said:

I consider Plus to now be the poor man's Premier. Honestly, most Plus wines are consumed onshore straight out of the bottle hidden in a paper bag. 

The trick is to pay the per drink upcharge for Premier,  if you are a light drinker. For light drinkers, that is a better value than paying for the Premier package. 

Have to do the math.  Remember that there is no such thing as a "Plus wine".  People on Plus can order whatever they want.  With the $15 limit, I can now order 4 glasses (almost a bottle) of $18-$20 glasses and pay $12-$20 in overage and come out no worse than buying Premier.  And with a port intensive cruise, I am more likely to order 2 or 3 glasses and maybe supplement that with a cocktail or two, all of which cost nothing extra.  Since the "extras" that they throw in with Premier are of limited value to me, I am still better off buying Plus, running up around $12 per day in overage costs, and paying that off with OBC or AAPR Gift Cards at a 10% discount.  The likelihood of me running up $20 in overage charges each and every day of my cruise is almost unthinkable.  And of course, since both guests in the cabin have to have the same Package, I have to consider if my wife will ALSO run up $20 each and every day.  Time will tell, but I am betting that Plus will come out cheaper for us than Premier and we certainly have no intention of drinking the low level wine that is "included" in Plus.  At least, not every glass.  There will be times when a light White or Rose will hit the spot and those can be found for $15 or less and are perfectly fine.  Pinot, Cab and Nebbiolo?  Not so much.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Have to do the math.  Remember that there is no such thing as a "Plus wine".  People on Plus can order whatever they want.  With the $15 limit, I can now order 4 glasses (almost a bottle) of $18-$20 glasses and pay $12-$20 in overage and come out no worse than buying Premier.  And with a port intensive cruise, I am more likely to order 2 or 3 glasses and maybe supplement that with a cocktail or two, all of which cost nothing extra.  Since the "extras" that they throw in with Premier are of limited value to me, I am still better off buying Plus, running up around $12 per day in overage costs, and paying that off with OBC or AAPR Gift Cards at a 10% discount.  The likelihood of me running up $20 in overage charges each and every day of my cruise is almost unthinkable.  And of course, since both guests in the cabin have to have the same Package, I have to consider if my wife will ALSO run up $20 each and every day.  Time will tell, but I am betting that Plus will come out cheaper for us than Premier and we certainly have no intention of drinking the low level wine that is "included" in Plus.  At least, not every glass.  There will be times when a light White or Rose will hit the spot and those can be found for $15 or less and are perfectly fine.  Pinot, Cab and Nebbiolo?  Not so much.

Great advice.

We intend to do exactly that on our forthcoming cruise.

With your knowledge,  are there any wines (red) in Vines that you would specifically recommend in the $15 - $20 price bracket.

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Great advice.

We intend to do exactly that on our forthcoming cruise.

With your knowledge,  are there any wines (red) in Vines that you would specifically recommend in the $15 - $20 price bracket.

Is there a reliable Vines wine list available anywhere?  Also, reports are that they pour many more wines than just the ones on the list.  That was certainly our experience in October.  There were no Pinots on the list (other than the generic Pinot in the $12 Plus range.)  I asked if they had any Pinots available and indeed they had a nice Calera, a Belle Glos and one other that I'm not recalling. The one we picked was $20 at the time.