Adventure Transatlantic fall 2024??

I've been watching the fall 2024 cruises populate, and there's something a bit odd. Booked the TA on Adventure from Canaveral to Lisbon, then started looking at other cruises on the ship to maybe create a B2B. There's another TA, opposite direction, just a month later!

What do you think.... Odd itineraries, or website glitch?

22 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

I've been watching the fall 2024 cruises populate, and there's something a bit odd. Booked the TA on Adventure from Canaveral to Lisbon, then started looking at other cruises on the ship to maybe create a B2B. There's another TA, opposite direction, just a month later!

What do you think.... Odd itineraries, or website glitch?

My guess going over for drydock and coming back in November 2024.  I'm looking at the Nov 2024.  JS is around $2600 for a D+.

2 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

That makes sense. We've never been to Portugal, so we'll keep our current reservation. Our JS eastbound is around $2900, including ~ $400 for gratuities, with the D+ discount. 

The one coming back is over Thanksgiving.  I'm now looking at booking the PC to Lisbon then hitching a ride back with either Royal or Celebrity when their schedules come out.  That would take out the TA flight either way.  JS is $2565 with D+ discount.

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

The one coming back is over Thanksgiving.  I'm now looking at booking the PC to Lisbon then hitching a ride back with either Royal or Celebrity when their schedules come out.  That would take out the TA flight either way.  JS is $2565 with D+ discount.

Here are our totals for the Lisbon JS1555561272_Screenshot_20221215-1708292.thumb.png.c11b4119c9332ebef478e3197ad2cb03.png

I just booked the PC to Lisbon 25 Oct 2024 TA.   My travel agent also prices it out the same and is giving me $175 OBC.  Of course, this is the non-refundable rate.  I see you are including gratuities in your total price.  I'll just use my TA OBC + shareholder OBC to use for gratuities.

38 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I just booked the PC to Lisbon 25 Oct 2024 TA.   My travel agent also prices it out the same and is giving me $175 OBC.  Of course, this is the non-refundable rate.  I see you are including gratuities in your total price.  I'll just use my TA OBC + shareholder OBC to use for gratuities.

That makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

When did this become available to book?     It's not showing on the UK website.........again!!

It was earlier this afternoon, 5-ish. I posted about it on the deployment thread as soon as I spotted it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It was earlier this afternoon, 5-ish. I posted about it on the deployment thread as soon as I spotted it.

So they've had time to set it up on the UK website for bookings to be made.    I know of many in the UK who are waiting for the fall TA's to become available.  

4 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

The one coming back leaves from Barcelona.

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The one coming back leaves from Barcelona.

The Eastbound gets into Lisbon on 7 Nov.  If there's not a Westbound on either Royal or Celebrity soon thereafter, either Rome or Barcelona, will just spend time in Portugal and fly back out of Porto, which is a great city to explore.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

So they've had time to set it up on the UK website for bookings to be made.    I know of many in the UK who are waiting for the fall TA's to become available.  

None of the others are up yet. This one is a bit different in that she's doing a round trip with a quick turnaround as opposed to doing her dry dock at the start or end of a season on this side of the pond.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FionaMG said:

None of the others are up yet. This one is a bit different in that she's doing a round trip with a quick turnaround as opposed to doing her dry dock at the start or end of a season on this side of the pond.

It would still be nice to have the option in the UK to be able to book, the same as our friends in the US, before the prices rise.        This happened the other week with Oasis Spring TA, and when it did go on sale in UK, it was a lot dearer than it was initially advertised, (I'm sure someone on here priced both and it was £900 dearer on UK site)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

It would still be nice to have the option in the UK to be able to book, the same as our friends in the US, before the prices rise.        This happened the other week with Oasis Spring TA, and when it did go on sale in UK, it was a lot dearer than it was initially advertised, (I'm sure someone on here priced both and it was £900 dearer on UK site)

You do know you can book it on the US site, at the US prices, even though you’re in the UK?

Even better, find a North American travel agent who offers group rates.

• Like 2

If you do go to Portugal, don't miss visiting Porto and spend some days in the Douro River Valley.   Take the train up to Regua or take a cruise up the river.

While in Porto, I strongly recommend a wonderful B&B, it is the InPatio Guesthouse.  It only has five rooms, so book early.  It is the best ever and centrally located.

As the Adventure been renovated? 
we were on the VOS in September, 

the ship was badly need a renovation, in our cabin the mirrors in the wc a lot of the silver backing of the mirror was worn off 

I thought the ship was from Brigadoon, a lost ship 😁, coming out the fog very 10 years 

AA4B6DFD-60D7-458D-8406-B7DDB7C8B2A6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I completed booking this cruise last night and got my first aft-balcony.  Woo Hoo!  I'm going to try to set up a group booking so I can invite my church Senior Pals to join me.  I'm anxious to get back to Barcelona to see all that I've missed in the past.  We've been to all these ports already but it will be fun to visit them again.  I'm especially looking forward to Cadiz.  But the glorious sea days are what I most enjoy.  I will try to run some activities like a cabin crawl and LCR if I get enough interest.  These are great ways to get to know more people.  Please consider joining me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

You do know you can book it on the US site, at the US prices, even though you’re in the UK?

Even better, find a North American travel agent who offers group rates.

I have tried to do a pricing on the US website and it won't let me get to the payment site, because the system seems to know I'm in the UK, and on the US website.     I have raised the issue with RCCL in Miami, and they are looking into the issue.  

6 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

I have tried to do a pricing on the US website and it won't let me get to the payment site, because the system seems to know I'm in the UK, and on the US website.     I have raised the issue with RCCL in Miami, and they are looking into the issue.  

Strange, it’s always worked fine for me. 

I just tried doing a dummy booking for that Adventure TA in Nov 24 and it’s letting me with no problem. So I’m not sure it’s a Royal issue.

5214C614-0859-4C75-9592-FEF9F32A30C9.thumb.png.9e51926160951ca9906bbe7e2067bdca.png

I sure like that Adventure TA from Barcelona to PC.  That looks like a fun cruise and the prices are fantastic right now even without any discounts.  Wish we could go, but we're already doing the Panama Canal in April 24, so that will eat up our vacation time.  Next time we go to Barcelona we want to spend more time there.  I'm working on my Barcelona videos for my YT channel right now from the Wonder TA and reliving how much we loved it.  Wish we could've spent more time there than the 3 days pre-cruise we spent in October.  

On 12/18/2022 at 12:05 AM, texmex.ferr said:

My USA TA just got great group rates arranged. Booked yesterday.