Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

2 minutes ago, dides said:

Thanks for posting - lots more info.   Didn't spot the Arena in this video so it really can't be finished yet 

Thanks dides. The video is all over cruise critic. 🙂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dides said:

Spellbound was never going to be ready for the first inaugural cruises.

According to this press release it might be ready by the fourth cruise onwards  

I guess I will not experience Spellbound. $149 is bit much for me.

Edited by nasa1974

Just now, Bardy cruise said:

The Princess tour or none of footage so far shows the theatre or Park 19 are both of these ready?

I saw posted that the Arena (theater) is not ready yet. I agree on Park 19. Maybe that is still a work in progress as well.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is unfortunate, but appears none of our top cruise bloggers are on this voyage.  Which of our regular super-bloggers is going to be on the Sun first?

9th March sailing has a select few vloggers etc some on the first 5 days some on the last five days 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

I saw posted that the Arena (theater) is not ready yet. I agree on Park 19. Maybe that is still a work in progress as well.

Must be, considering it was an area Princess made a lot of it’s not a thing that wouldn’t feature on ship tour. Hopefully ready for the second cruise 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Putting the TV out there is a nice touch, but when I booked my Cabana, I based my decision off of what I saw on other ships and was expecting this...

Arvia - Reviews, Deckplans & Cruise Schedule - P&O Cruises Worldwide

Arvia Conservatory Mini Suites - All you need to know - Cruise with Amber

Wow! Did I get fooled.  

Personally, I would never expect PCL to decorate/furnish cabins the same as another cruise line.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I didn't notice the Catch.  Is that coming later, or not available this ship?

It's a pop up on deck 9 in the buffet area so perhaps nothing much to show

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Honestly, if privacy while stepping outside of one's cabin in to an open area is a major concern, one might want to consider if sailing on a ship with 4,500 other people is the best vacation choice.  When I step onto such a ship, I am voluntarily surrendering a certain amount of privacy.  Full disclosure...I ALWAYS booked a Dolphin Deck Mini-Suite on the Grand/Gem Class ships, so you know where I am coming from! 

It may be because I’m new at cruising but my previous cruise was on the Enchanted and I loved going out on the balcony and not seeing anybody, left or right. Just the sea.
Being on one of those protruding inside-facing balconies with a view of rows and rows of staterooms as far as the eye can see is not appealing at all for me; I can stare at my apartment building for much cheaper. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Personally, I would never expect PCL to decorate/furnish cabins the same as another cruise line.

Certainly not the "same", but in the same style.  It doesn't follow that one sister cruise line would have Cabanas that look like a Ritz Carlton and the next sister line would have ones that look like a yurt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

It may be because I’m new at cruising but my previous cruise was on the Enchanted and I loved going out on the balcony and not seeing anybody, left or right. Just the sea.
Being on one of those protruding inside-facing balconies with a view of rows and rows of staterooms as far as the eye can see is not appealing at all for me; I can stare at my apartment building for much cheaper. 

Try this:

image.jpeg.d5f0dd96e8b8e3b4758bd8a7561fb819.jpeg

• Haha 7

42 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

I guess I will not experience Spellbound. $149 is bit much for me.

I thought that $149 was the price for some sort of special Spellbound experience including dinner but that there would be an opportunity to get into the venue itself at a lower price.  It would be a shame if they make you purchase the whole dinner package just to get in.  I understand the need to manage demand, but this might be going overboard a little bit.  No pun intended.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CatMom72 said:

I thought that $149 was the price for some sort of special Spellbound experience including dinner but that there would be an opportunity to get into the venue itself at a lower price.  It would be a shame if they make you purchase the whole dinner package just to get in.  I understand the need to manage demand, but this might be going overboard a little bit.  No pun intended.

I guess they need to start somewhere to gauge the demand.  If enough pay it, they will keep that price.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

That's what the press release said. Dinner and a show. But watching the video it said to experience over and over again. I guess we will have to wait until it is available and see what is reported from on board.  banana.gif

• Like 2

Just now, startedwithamouse said:

What cabin is this?  Photo from another site, they didn't cite source or cabin type/number.

hallwaysun.jpg

Is this an actual cabin balcony? It looks like a hallway!! Not too sure about this one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

What cabin is this?  Photo from another site, they didn't cite source or cabin type/number.

hallwaysun.jpg

I saw this posted on response to a query about cabin balconies in the Sphere but could not locate more details.