Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

1 hour ago, birdiebill said:

Please report on the amount of piazza sound on staterooms in the sphere on deck 10.  We are scheduled for 10428 later this summer and are not late night people.  

I am interested also -I’m in 10358 later this summer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I always use the small table by the sofa as a footstool👌

A little uncomfortable, but an alternative.

I always ask, if they are not there.

Last cruise, they had updated the balcony furniture and no footstools. Our steward took care of it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cdude said:

I’m interested to find out too. Anybody on board that can help straighten this out?

TIA!

The poor folks who reported the flood incidents on FB had initially been accused of being trolls and reporting fake news - I would not be surprised if we don't get a follow-up on the cause!

Edited by dides
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I do NOT want to be a negative Nellie or a Debbie downer...  But, this is making me re-think our future cruising on Princess.

While not a sanctuary person, there are many other items that are beginning to turn me off of sailing Princess in the future. Their seem to be only concentrating on features to upsell people on rather then on the basic features of their ships.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, 555 said:

While not a sanctuary person, there are many other items that are beginning to turn me off of sailing Princess in the future. Their seem to be only concentrating on features to upsell people on rather then on the basic features of their ships.

I don’t think it is just Princess; however it appears to be a pricing change by charging incrementally instead of an overall price increase (although overall prices have gone up also). I actually prefer this pricing model cause I can skip upcharges I don’t want to pay for. 
My recent airline purchase for later this year includes added charges for seat choice, quick security and baggage!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

It's ONE ship. 

Princess has FIFTEEN other ships you're going to not sail on?

For us, we might be concentrating on just the Royal class ships for our future sailings. Still not sure about the Sun class yet... there are to many unanswered questions at this time. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

there was no flooding it was in 2017

No the person who said it was from 2017 has since apologized. He also didn't walk the whole length of the ship when looking for the flood and missed it

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

there was no flooding it was in 2017

In Princess cruises Facebook groups I'm in, several people who are currently on the Sun have reported on the flooding, including some who were moved to other cabins because theirs were affected; and at least 2 people have posted videos, including shots of the current Princess Patters and features of the ship to validate that they are, indeed, currently on the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

Do they play Disney music in the elevators like in the theme parks? (serious question)

It's a Small World tune most likely. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, birdiebill said:

Please report on the amount of piazza sound on staterooms in the sphere on deck 10.  We are scheduled for 10428 later this summer and are not late night people.  

There is at least one person currently on deck 10 who posted on FB that she hears music from the piazza below her until midnight. She also said that the Dome shows were moved to the piazza since the Dome is not ready yet, so maybe it won't be as bad later? But you can always have music in the piazza. If you are a light sleeper and go to bed before 10 (like me) I would try to move up to deck 14 or 15. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Mistakenly assumed that Spellbound was going to be a magic show with beverages and would probably have a 39.00 cover charge.  No, instead it's three sittings of a show with drinks and dinner @ 149.00 pp.  I hope it blows up in their face and it's changed by the time the Star comes out.

I doubt if it will fail. Although it's priced over our budget, look at the popularity of the 360 also priced at $149. 

• Like 4

With the Sun being not only a new ship but a new design the pros and cons about the ship isn't surprising. Maybe the length of some of the con's per subject is. What is surprising is the lack of pictures of the ship being posted here. Don't get me wrong I like the pictures that have been posted but to be honest I thought I would see more. Everyone talks about FB. I don't have an FB account. Ytube I get it. I guess I will have to wait and experience it myself in October and then November next year see if any changes were made to the Star.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

There is at least one person currently on deck 10 who posted on FB that she hears music from the piazza below her until midnight. She also said that the Dome shows were moved to the piazza since the Dome is not ready yet, so maybe it won't be as bad later? But you can always have music in the piazza. If you are a light sleeper and go to bed before 10 (like me) I would try to move up to deck 14 or 15. 

I hope that’s the case. I can’t recall late night piazza activity on past Princess cruises.

54 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Nice video but I'll never understand why they allow people to bring drinks into the pools and hot tubs. It's just nasty. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cdude said:

For those worried about the Sanctuary, this is a good YouTube video showing nice padded chairs with sea views. Weather not going to be good for getting sun next week so I personally have no interest, especially not at $99 pp.

The “nice” area in the video is not part of the Sanctuary. It is the Suite/Signature Sun Deck.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Globaler said:

I don’t think it is just Princess; however it appears to be a pricing change by charging incrementally instead of an overall price increase (although overall prices have gone up also). I actually prefer this pricing model cause I can skip upcharges I don’t want to pay for. 
My recent airline purchase for later this year includes added charges for seat choice, quick security and baggage!

We can easily overlook the things we don't feel is worth the price, but at the same time every new exciting feature takes space away from general public areas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Mistakenly assumed that Spellbound was going to be a magic show with beverages and would probably have a 39.00 cover charge.  No, instead it's three sittings of a show with drinks and dinner @ 149.00 pp.  I hope it blows up in their face and it's changed by the time the Star comes out.

We’ll have wait and see, but I am not convinced that Spellbound is going to be a “dinner experience only” venue. Since the goal for every square foot of the ship is to generate revenue, I can’t imagine why they would leave money on the table by not selling $20 cocktails in the afternoon, separate and apart from the dinner experience. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, birdiebill said:

We are in 10428 currently and we can hear the loud piazza Music past midnight the last two nights. It sounds like we are staying in an apartment over a bar in Paris or Amsterdam. Hopefully, when they open up the sphere it will reduce the noise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Easyrider949 said:

We are in 10428 currently and we can hear the loud piazza Music past midnight the last two nights. It sounds like we are staying in an apartment over a bar in Paris or Amsterdam. Hopefully, when they open up the sphere it will reduce the noise.

Is the music sound muffled such that ear plugs would block it?  Or is it so loud that an average person would have trouble sleeping?

2 minutes ago, birdiebill said:

Is the music sound muffled such that ear plugs would block it?  Or is it so loud that an average person would have trouble sleeping?

It is somewhat muffled, as long as the drummer isn’t going wild. I’m able to tune it out, but I prefer it to be more quiet after 9pm. If you can wear earplugs you will be okay. Btw, I hope they repaint the balcony as we didn’t know the white paint was still wet the very first day by the railing and we walked on the deck and left foot prints all over. No signs telling us it was wet paint. So they were literally just finishing up the ship before we boarded. Ah, the new ship experience!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Easyrider949 said:

It is somewhat muffled, as long as the drummer isn’t going wild. I’m able to tune it out, but I prefer it to be more quiet after 9pm. If you can wear earplugs you will be okay. Btw, I hope they repaint the balcony as we didn’t know the white paint was still wet the very first day by the railing and we walked on the deck and left foot prints all over. No signs telling us it was wet paint. So they were literally just finishing up the ship before we boarded. Ah, the new ship experience!

IMG_0259.jpeg

IMG_0263.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8