A coffee question

Alberta54

37 minutes ago, rrichnkell said:

Aren't the lines long for people trying to get coffee with their coffee cards? I don't do long lines.

I haven't even seen anyone with coffee cards on Enchanted, but I got a fancy coffee every morning to burn through some OBC. The biggest line I saw was on disembarkation day and it was about 4 people. 

8 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I haven't even seen anyone with coffee cards on Enchanted, but I got a fancy coffee every morning to burn through some OBC. The biggest line I saw was on disembarkation day and it was about 4 people. 

I saw one guy on the Enchanted use his cell phone placed on the medallion reader to pay for his coffee. 

I'm not sure how that works. Maybe they have something new built into the medallion system??

8 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I saw one guy on the Enchanted use his cell phone placed on the medallion reader to pay for his coffee. 

I'm not sure how that works. Maybe they have something new built into the medallion system??

The new iPhones have magnets in the back for various accessories so the medallion will stick to it.  They also have iPhone cases that hold an airtag which could also hold a medallion.

42 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

interesting.

Maybe, his medallion was attached to his phone? I don't know. 🙂

4 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

The new iPhones have magnets in the back for various accessories so the medallion will stick to it.  They also have iPhone cases that hold an airtag which could also hold a medallion.

I think that's either may be a possibility. 

I'm still waiting for them to build in a way to check the total count for drinks or coffees using the phone. 

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Princess Chatterer said:

Can an Elite mini-bar be traded in for a brewed coffee (card) credit on a 33 day Princess cruise?

No ,because there are no longer coffee only cards or credits. Only drink packages are available to purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 5:05 PM, arizonaperson said:

No ,because there are no longer coffee only cards or credits. Only drink packages are available to purchase.

What's the cost of an individual cup of brewed coffee in the International Cafe?

Edited by Princess Chatterer

7 minutes ago, Princess Chatterer said:

Elites can no longer swap out their complete minibar for just brewed coffee in the International Cafe?  Well, I say boo on Princess.

Nope, that benefit was removed a year ago

OP - I’m with you. I don’t care for the syrup, and yeah, the coffee card is $35, but I’m tired of being nickeled and dimed. What’s next….being charged for milk? Water?

I bring those individual SBux freeze dried/whatever packets and ask for hot water. Works great. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Any non caffinated fruit teas like Forte Raspberry, Orange Spice etc available?

Those are / were at the buffet as well as Apple .... basically the Bigelow flavors. If that is your preference you can get a few tea bags & request hot water at IC. I just like a large tea pot hot water and the IC premium tea bags for $2.50+18% tax. 

ADDING: I'm a standard fare cruiser, not Plus or Premier.  Math works for me

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Babyfat101 said:

OP - I’m with you. I don’t care for the syrup, and yeah, the coffee card is $35, but I’m tired of being nickeled and dimed. What’s next….being charged for milk? Water?

I bring those individual SBux freeze dried/whatever packets and ask for hot water. Works great. 

There is no longer the $35. Coffee card.

I should correct what I said above there is no longer a $35 ( total per cruise)stand alone coffee card/ package.. Although there is a $35 a day/night zero alcohol package that includes coffee. Of course + gratuity/ service charge of 18%.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Princess Chatterer said:

What do you use to heat the water for your press?

You cannot use any device to heat water in the cabin…maybe hot water from the buffet drink stations or using the breakfast door hanger for hot water which might not be hot enough for your press.

Posted (edited)

I’ve read that Lavazza is now the coffee used…is that only in the IC or also in Royal-class ships buffet’s filtered coffee machines made from ground coffee?

On Celebrity saw them using ground Lavazza coffee in their buffet coffee machines…hopefully the same on Princess’ Royal-class ships. 🤞

Edited by Astro Flyer