Number of passengers on the Jewel

That seems rather unlikely as other Jewel sailings have sold well.  (Maybe that could have happened 54 weeks ago, but I really doubt two weeks ago) In any case, there seem to be only two available cabins for Thursday’s holiday sailing.  Expect a full ship.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

That seems rather unlikely as other Jewel sailings have sold well.  (Maybe that could have happened 54 weeks ago, but I really doubt two weeks ago) In any case, there seem to be only two available cabins for Thursday’s holiday sailing.  Expect a full ship.

I hope you're right. I'm okay with lighter than full capacity, but less than 1/3 seemed kind of dull. 🙂 

19 minutes ago, Guinness1000 said:

I hope you're right. I'm okay with lighter than full capacity, but less than 1/3 seemed kind of dull. 🙂 

No worries about an empty ship for a holiday sailing.

Even last year (with vaccination requirements, precruise testing and masking), the holiday sailings were full.  Free of those requirements, your sailing will  have drawn plenty of people.  Have great time!  And take good care of Jewel…we’re on the next sailing.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guinness1000 said:

I came across a post on YT where someone who sailed two weeks ago said there were only 800 pax on the ship. I think it has a 2700 capacity. Can this be true? We're leaving next Thursday.

Are you sure it was RC's Jewel of the Seas, and not Norwegian Jewel?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guinness1000 said:

I came across a post on YT where someone who sailed two weeks ago said there were only 800 pax on the ship. I think it has a 2700 capacity. Can this be true? We're leaving next Thursday.

We were on Jewel of the Seas Nov 6 and 13 for a b2b and there were about 2500 on each leg.  For Thanksgiving, they were expecting a full ship.  It was the cruise after ours as we got off the 19th (Sunday before Thanksgiving).  I don't think 800  is correct.  Who is the YTer who posted that?

Edited by BND

10 minutes ago, BND said:

We were on Jewel of the Seas Nov 6 and 13 for a b2b and there were about 2500 on each leg.  For Thanksgiving, they were expecting a full ship.  It was the cruise after ours as we got off the 19th (Sunday before Thanksgiving).  I don't think 800  is correct.  You're cruising on a Thursday?  Jewel cruises on Sat  or Sun depending on whether they're doing a 6 or 7 night itinerary.

Jewel will be on a holiday schedule.  Dec17-22, Dec 22-31, Dec 31-Jan6.  She will also have some different cruise lengths in the new year.

Edited by Starry Eyes

5 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Jewel will be on a holiday schedule.  Dec17-22, Dec 22-31, Dec 31-Jan6.  She will also have some different cruise lengths in the new year.

I went and looked at the schedule and edited my answer prob at the same time you quoted me.

I still want to know who the YTer was or what the title of the video was.  The OP saying they just "came across" it doesn't carry any weight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guinness1000 said:

Yes. Any reason I should ignore? He said he was on the ship two weeks ago. Should I call him out?

This isn't about you.  It's about a post on a YT that is more than likely incorrect.  Every other cruise since Jewel returned to PC has had over 2200 people onboard.

9 minutes ago, Guinness1000 said:

This would've been a better answer in the first place...

Peace.

I basically did post just that where I said that our b2b and the cruise following were near capacity.

The 2700 cited by that commenter is close to Jewel’s absolute maximum capacity.  With 1072 cabins, her double occupancy capacity should be 2144.  For the Dec 17 cruise at 2650, she will be at 124% of double occupancy capacity.

Edited by Starry Eyes