Norwegian Escape coffee machines

smartdesserts

1 hour ago, smartdesserts said:

It has been a while since I was on Norwegian and was wondering what type of coffee machines are available in the cabin.  If they are Keurig's I will definitely bring some of my own pods sine I like a strong cup of joe.

Which category of cabin?

1 hour ago, smartdesserts said:

It has been a while since I was on Norwegian and was wondering what type of coffee machines are available in the cabin.  If they are Keurig's I will definitely bring some of my own pods sine I like a strong cup of joe.

Regular rooms (including mini-suites/club balcony suites) have a single serve Hamilton Beach available on request. Not K-Cup. Uses round filter pack. 

image.png.04a9625f56486b6fb8f3ecbd8f92895c.png

image.png.aae9fd5733a5be7d867fc297222e9e6b.png

Full Suites/Haven Rooms have Nespresso

image.png.081eb53b315ab023dac86320c081fa26.png

Edited by BirdTravels

I have yet to get anything close to a decent cup of coffee from ANY cruise line’s “included” coffee machines.  I think they do that on purpose so you buy the Starbucks coffee on board.  Although, those Nespresso machines in the Haven Suites make a good cup of coffee.  And yes…NEVER had a good cup of coffee from ANY Keurig machine….always weak and bitter.

Edited by graphicguy

Sorry I misquoted.  I have a Bunn system that uses Keurig pods.  I use usally get a French roast or something strong.  With this machine you can brew it extra strong by pushing a button.  And the coffee comes out pretty good.  Even if using a regular strength coffee pod.

Also thankyou Bird Travel for the clarification.  We are in a balcony room so Hamilton Beach it is.

37 minutes ago, smartdesserts said:

Sorry I misquoted.  I have a Bunn system that uses Keurig pods.  I use usally get a French roast or something strong.  With this machine you can brew it extra strong by pushing a button.  And the coffee comes out pretty good.  Even if using a regular strength coffee pod.

Also thankyou Bird Travel for the clarification.  We are in a balcony room so Hamilton Beach it is.

Our keurig has an extra strong button as well (it has a 12 cup pot plus the pod side).

8 hours ago, smartdesserts said:

Pay the $4 for a grande americano at Starbucks. Worth every penny. I'm not a fan of starbucks at all, but on board is really the only option for anyone looking for a decent cup of joe.

43 minutes ago, tartantiara said:

Is there any chance of getting an espresso machine in a club balcony ? 

Even if they could afford having espresso machines laying around, the power draw on those is significant and probably wouldn't be safe to use in stateroom outlets.

On 12/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, BirdTravels said:

Agreed. Keurig is a gimmick and not designed to pour a good cup of coffee, regardless of what pod you use.  

We just bought a Ninja coffee bar that does the K cups.  Let me tell you they have this figured out, the coffee is so much stronger than a Keurig. Instead of poking 1 hole through top of cup they have 3 holes they poke and the hot water is spread evenly through the cup getting the most out of the coffee.  BIG difference.  Highly recommeded.  Sorry i know its off topic.

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, BirdTravels said:

Agreed. Keurig is a gimmick and not designed to pour a good cup of coffee, regardless of what pod you use.  

And besides making lousy coffee there are all those empty plastic k cups. 

Is this when I should mention that the studio lounge has a coffee machine that most of the coffee addicts seem to find more than satisfactory.  I’m not a coffee drinker so on a couple of cruises I was the solo who figured out how to get it to produce plain hot water for tea. 
Back in 2017 the beverage package European customers got from NCL included fancy coffees with meals. I used to order them for table mates at dinner. 

On 12/18/2022 at 11:11 AM, tgloersen said:

We just bought a Ninja coffee bar that does the K cups.  Let me tell you they have this figured out, the coffee is so much stronger than a Keurig. Instead of poking 1 hole through top of cup they have 3 holes they poke and the hot water is spread evenly through the cup getting the most out of the coffee.  BIG difference.  Highly recommeded.  Sorry i know its off topic.

The new Keurig pokes 4 holes, makes 4 cup sizes, has a temperature button for hotter coffee, and a strength button for stronger coffee. It also has a feature for iced coffee. Our older Keurig died after 11 years of daily multiple uses. We were pleasantly surprised with our new Keurig and how much better our coffee now tastes.