Bottled water?

SunnyNy

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What itinerary? We had plastic water bottles on our March B2B Caribbean cruise on the Explorer. 

It was Anthem of the Seas.  It was the water we had ordered pre-cruise and delivered to the room.

7 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

It was Anthem of the Seas.  It was the water we had ordered pre-cruise and delivered to the room.

Curious to what itinerary.  This thread has made it clear that the itinerary makes a difference at least with Celebrity for the different water container types.  

Edited by davekathy

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Curious to what itinerary.  This thread has made it clear that the itinerary makes a difference at least with Celebrity for the different water container types.  

With the water you order pre-cruise (12 or 24 delivered to your cabin) I am not sure if it makes a difference.  This was on a Feb. Caribbean cruise out of NJ.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, t00thpix said:

you do get water but comes in a can. Can''t recap to carry with you. Who was the genius that made this decision? I guess the plastic police.

It was a bad decision all around. Taste is very tinny and dangerous to open. People have cut themselves on the aluminum screw cap.  I get the bartender to open mine. 

17 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Cheaper to stop on way to port and get delivered to cabin.  Never had an issue. 

We wouldn't pre-order water. Either buy it as we need it or  drink what comes with the BP. We also have no problem drinking the ships water.

Edited by davekathy

21 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We wouldn't pre-order water. Either buy it as we need it or  drink what comes with the BP. We also have no problem drinking the ships water.

Agreed. Ships water is perfectly fine.  When I have the BP which is not often I upgrade to premium to get the Evian and San Pellegrino. 

2 hours ago, Tierun said:

Those pop top cans must have come from a Southwest plane.

Not sure who thought to purchase them again they got them dirt cheap but hard to open when wet, not good to take on shore excursions. Read posts some have cut their thumbs on them.  An all around poor decision. 

I would be happy to bring a water bottle from home and refill it, but is there self serve refilling anywhere? I drink a lot of water and the idea of having to go to a bartender every time is stressful. 
Did someone say that one can ‘check’ a case of waters as luggage? 

Edited by TravelingCircusof5

first, and easiest way to fill your bottle is from the tap.  The water on board is all filtered and safe to drink and does not have salt in it as some people fear.

Or, at the Ocean view you can get all the water you want, although they do ask you not to refill your container directly. Fill a glass, and then transfer from that glass to your contact.  (They want to avoid having your container possibly touch the spigot. )

Otherwise it just takes a moment to get a bottle (or can, or carton) of water at Cafe al Bacio or any other bar.

and finally, yes you can bring a case of water on board with you which might make sense if you have no beverage package.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

first, and easiest way to fill your bottle is from the tap.  The water on board is all filtered and safe to drink and does not have salt in it as some people fear.

Or, at the Ocean view you can get all the water you want, although they do ask you not to refill your container directly. Fill a glass, and then transfer from that glass to your contact.  (They want to avoid having your container possibly touch the spigot. )

Otherwise it just takes a moment to get a bottle (or can, or carton) of water at Cafe al Bacio or any other bar.

and finally, yes you can bring a case of water on board with you which might make sense if you have no beverage package.

I bring a hot/cold thermos from home for tea bring my own David's tea also fill up in a mug at spa cafe then transfer to thermos. I use it on my flights too its very convenient. 

3 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I bring a hot/cold thermos from home for tea bring my own David's tea also fill up in a mug at spa cafe then transfer to thermos. I use it on my flights too its very convenient. 

I had to laugh when I first read this. I think of thermos as insulated long underwear for winter sports. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

This is what I do. Fill a cup with crushed ice and water, then pour that into my Yeti tumbler and I'm good for a couple hours. Next cruise I plan on bringing those little sugar free water flavoring drops.