Never, ever use Luggage Forward, Princess' preferred luggage service...it's a nightmare.

TDB1910

We were on Sky Princess for a TransAtlantic cruise in November 2022 when - due to a medical emergency - we had to leave the ship in the Azores and I was admitted to a hospital. My husband contracted with Princess' preferred luggage provider - Luggage Forward - to pick up our bags from the hotel in the Azores. It took a month to get our luggage from the Azores to our home in the US. Luggage Forward proved incapable of getting luggage tags delivered by multiple deadlines they set, and once - weeks later - those finally were delivered to the hotel, Luggage Forward missed multiple pick-up dates. Little to no communication. Thankfully our hotel stored our luggage for weeks waiting for the return trip. Now more than 45 days out, we have yet to receive any type of communication on the requested refund from Luggage Forward for the more than $1000 we paid them to move two suitcases in the timely manner they promised. Never ever use this company.

Date of experience: November 10, 2022

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TDB1910 said:

We were on Sky Princess for a TransAtlantic cruise in November 2022 when - due to a medical emergency - we had to leave the ship in the Azores and I was admitted to a hospital. My husband contracted with Princess' preferred luggage provider - Luggage Forward - to pick up our bags from the hotel in the Azores. It took a month to get our luggage from the Azores to our home in the US. Luggage Forward proved incapable of getting luggage tags delivered by multiple deadlines they set, and once - weeks later - those finally were delivered to the hotel, Luggage Forward missed multiple pick-up dates. Little to no communication. Thankfully our hotel stored our luggage for weeks waiting for the return trip. Now more than 45 days out, we have yet to receive any type of communication on the requested refund from Luggage Forward for the more than $1000 we paid them to move two suitcases in the timely manner they promised. Never ever use this company.

Date of experience: November 10, 2022

This is the first negative I’ve read about Luggage Forward. Hope others who have used it, will respond.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sterling2 said:

This is the first negative I’ve read about Luggage Forward. Hope others who have used it, will respond.

And unusual set of circumstances, we used them before and things went swimmingly 

• Like 2

On 12/20/2022 at 7:32 AM, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps they do not know how to operate effectively in the Azores since that is not a cruise start/end port they would normally deal with.  That said, the OP's experience is pretty bad and would expect better.

This is probably the correct answer. Most of these companies contract with local companies for pickup and delivery. We had a problem in Cape Town with a different company which promised a pickup in a specific time window, but failed to show up. Fortunately we had friends who could take our bag to their hotel for later pickup (it took days). If Luggage Forward doesn't normally service the Azores, I can see them having issues. However, the wait for a pickup was just terrible, and Luggage Forward should have advised the OP that they couldn't assist them. 

@TDB1910 I hope you are better now, and also welcome to Cruise Critic.

I agree with the first post.  I will never use Luggage Forward again.

We had a cruise out of the UK this past summer and I kept seeing reports of luggage nightmares at Heathrow.  I booked Luggage Forward about 2 months in advance.  They sent my tags in plenty of time but without much detail.  I called to find out any packing specifics and was told just pack like for an airline.  I had 3 bags and they were all on the same shipping number.  FedEx came and picked them up on time - and brought them all back the next morning!  At the last minute, my husband had slipped in a small wipe of an insect repellent for Scotland.  It must have been a very detailed inspection to find it - and reject the entire shipment for having a flammable!  (So easy to throw away and keep going.). So we agree with the driver that we will repack and have it ready for his pickup that afternoon.  When he arrived, we found out we needed new luggage tags but when I called Luggage Forward at 3 pm on a weekday, their office was closed!

The next morning, they told me there was not enough time to get my bags to the ship (it’s still over 10 days ahead!).  So I asked for a refund which did get processed in about 3 months with several followup calls.

Then I called ShipGo.  They agreed that it was too late for the ship because bags have to be with the port agent well ahead of time but it was NOT too late to ship to our London hotel!  They emailed our tags and very specific instructions including no liquids whatsoever!  We also got excellent help with questions at 9 pm.  This meant packing for 3 weeks with only what we could put in carryon.  The very same FedEx driver returned to take 3 bags (an individual tag on each) and we next saw them in London when they arrived at our hotel before we did!  Excellent service and highly recommend (also $200 less than LF)

Glad to know some people have had better success with Luggage Forward but my advice is to shop around.  Just because Princess recommends them, I don’t think Princess will accept liability for any problems!