New military benefit: Princess Premier for the price of Princess Plus

PescadoAmarillo

I don't have too much to add but figured I'd share what I learned from my CVP.  He spoke to his sales manager and she said they are still working out the promotion, only certain voyages qualify (mine does not) but they are adding to the list.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, starskyfan said:

I don't have too much to add but figured I'd share what I learned from my CVP.  He spoke to his sales manager and she said they are still working out the promotion, only certain voyages qualify (mine does not) but they are adding to the list.  

Following along

Cheers

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Following along as well since we're both retired military and have 9 cruises booked, all with the Princess Plus package. However, my guess is since all of our bookings were made in 2021 and 2022, they probably won't be applicable. But one can hope anyway just in case.

My guess is that you “might” get the old premier perks for the price of plus but without the “new” perks like fitness classes and desserts 

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

My guess is that you “might” get the old premier perks for the price of plus but without the “new” perks like fitness classes and desserts 

That would be great as we really have no need for the fitness classes and desserts, as we do laps around the promenade and avoid the elevators to burn the calories. 😃

If you're right, it will be interesting to see once they finalize the promotion if we will have to refare our bookings to get the upgraded perk or if it will just magically appear on our Travel Summary via our Personalizer online.

I called my TA  since we just reserved our cruises (for December 2024) about a week prior to the announcement, they first said no.  Then she just cancelled the reservations and made 2 new ones, same cabin.  Nothing changed except  we both got the promotion.  Only my husband is retired military.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

@sawtooth Wait, so you have the new promotion on your booking now? I haven't had luck with an agent getting any real info about the "upcoming new" promotion.

Yes, it shows the upgrade in the details.

Also,, our cruises are in December of 2023 not 2024...my mistake

19 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I wonder if we will get the "Premium Upgrade" military perk if our TA refares one of our booked cruises that start after that date? So far all of the categories we have booked have increased in price. But, we'll definitely ask the question if any of the prices subsequently fall.

I guess it was easy for our TA to rebook since it was only a week since the original booking 

Everything the same, cabin, promotions...

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sawtooth said:

I guess it was easy for our TA to rebook since it was only a week since the original booking 

Everything the same, cabin, promotions...

Just curious, was it a rebooking or refaring? In other words, did the booking number stay the same or was a new one issued?

We contacted our TA about this promotion since we have two B2B cruises on the Sky this summer booked with Princess Plus.  We were told we would have to refare to obtain the new Princess Plus to qualify for the promotion.  The price difference in the cruise fare from when we booked it on top of the price increase from old to new Princess Plus meant it was nowhere near worth it for us.  We'll wait and see how much of a headache the changeover causes onboard.  😟

• Thanks 1

I sent the flyer to my TA a week or so ago and she got back to me yesterday saying "Princess has no idea if and when this will happen" and that they had heard it might be part of some future promotion.  But as always with Princess YMMV depending on who answers the phone (if they do).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

I sent the flyer to my TA a week or so ago and she got back to me yesterday saying "Princess has no idea if and when this will happen" and that they had heard it might be part of some future promotion.  But as always with Princess YMMV depending on who answers the phone (if they do).

When we booked a new cruise this week, the rep said that it qualified and that when we book as plus it would just show up as Premier. It didn't.  I'll wait to see what happens before I start calling.

1 hour ago, Colorado Coasty said:

When we booked a new cruise this week, the rep said that it qualified and that when we book as plus it would just show up as Premier. It didn't.  I'll wait to see what happens before I start calling.

Same here... just booked a TA on Island in December 2024, and while the military OBC is there, nothing about Premier, only Plus which I booked.

On 1/13/2023 at 10:36 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, was it a rebooking or refaring? In other words, did the booking number stay the same or was a new one issued?

Yes, the booking # changed so I’ll have to go back and re book

excursions.  The fare remained exactly the same

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

How long after you are verified for the military benefit does it show on your booking?  I was verified Wednesday of last week and the OBC isn't showing on my booking.

If you know it was approved last Wednesday, I would contact either your TA or Princess rep, whoever helped you book your cruise, and ask them to have it added to your booking.

Just curious, when you log into your PCL account and go to My Account -> Future Cruise Credits -> Onboard Credits, do you see this entry?

image.thumb.png.c2e6d179762e04162c884245252f874b.png

• Like 1