Beyond the Podium

cruisenbuckeyes

Does anyone know if Celebrity is offering the Beyond the Podium lectures on the Edge? We are on the Edge in March.  We were on a 7 day Reflection cruise in December and there were no lectures offered. We are wondering if it is a cost cutting measure or that they don’t provide the series on 7 day cruises. 

Other than the seven night cruise to Alaska, you won’t often find a beyond the podium speaker on a seven night cruise. They need two or three or even four sea days to book speakers.   So usually you find them on repositioning cruises, trans oceanic cruises, longer South America Cruises, and so forth

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Other than the seven night cruise to Alaska, you won’t often find a beyond the podium speaker on a seven night cruise.

Oh no! I love the Beyond the Podium speakers and was *so* hoping we'd have one on our 7-night Norway sailing on Apex this year. These will be such interesting/wonderful ports and I'd love to learn more about them from BTP!

We have had Beyond the Podium speakers on 7 day Alaska, 14 day TA,  14 day Southern Caribbean and 12 day Central America and Caribbean.  No speaker on Norway but we were in port 4 of the days so the speaker would not have enough opportunity to present information.  

20 hours ago, cruisenbuckeyes said:

Does anyone know if Celebrity is offering the Beyond the Podium lectures on the Edge? We are on the Edge in March.  We were on a 7 day Reflection cruise in December and there were no lectures offered. We are wondering if it is a cost cutting measure or that they don’t provide the series on 7 day cruises. 

I'm not sure of the Edge, but last Feb on the Apex (7 day Carib) they had them.

I am hoping that we have a Beyond the Podium on our Panama Canal Transit. 

Just in case, I am going to be reading "The Path Between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal 1870-1914" by David McCullough.  I have heard wonderful things about this book. 

Just now, DaKahuna said:

I am hoping that we have a Beyond the Podium on our Panama Canal Transit. 

Just in case, I am going to be reading "The Path Between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal 1870-1914" by David McCullough.  I have heard wonderful things about this book. 

I read that on my TA, while not a transit, ANYTHING by the late great David M is worth every minute of reading time, always sad when I finish one of his books.

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

I read that on my TA, while not a transit, ANYTHING by the late great David M is worth every minute of reading time, always sad when I finish one of his books.

I am glad because I actually got a collection of his books, 4 of them I think, downloaded to my iPad. 

• Like 1