Login issues

Tom-n-Cheryl

Less than 24 hours after booking my first MSC cruise, I'm already "hands in air" with their website. This is the latest (when I try to log in). Can I assume that this is "normal" with them? They can spend billions on ships, but can't put together a functional website... lol

You are not allowed to proceed on this site, please go to your country web site to proceed

Tom

19 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep - and just tried switching from Chrome to Edge... same result.

Can you guys log in presently?

Tom

I just tried logging in and had no problem checking my booking. Website, msccruisesusa.com

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Can you guys log in presently?

Yes.

Are you trying login by With Booking Number or by With Your MSC Account? 

Both methods are working for me for multiple bookings. I booked both directly and by "MSC concierge". There are differences but no issues with logging in. 

OK - so, yes, I can log in with my booking number. I'm still getting the same error when I try to log on to the account I set up yesterday (I was able to access then, and again early this morning). I'll try again when I get home and see if it's this computer --- cookies screwing things up perhaps.

THANKS

Tom

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Less than 24 hours after booking my first MSC cruise, I'm already "hands in air" with their website. This is the latest (when I try to log in). Can I assume that this is "normal" with them? They can spend billions on ships, but can't put together a functional website... lol

You are not allowed to proceed on this site, please go to your country web site to proceed

Tom

Me too !  When I finally got it to work, now I can not put a check in the box that says I agree to passage contract.😤 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 12:58 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Were you able to get this resolved?

I created an account today and activated it. I am getting the same error message. I spoke with a customer service representative who could not see any issue on her end, so she put in a ticket with their IT people.

35 minutes ago, Erekosse said:

Were you able to get this resolved?

I created an account today and activated it. I am getting the same error message. I spoke with a customer service representative who could not see any issue on her end, so she put in a ticket with their IT people.

Not sure why, but today it's working (mostly) OK for me.

Ton

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Not sure why, but today it's working (mostly) OK for me.

Ton

Possibly a lag between activation and ability to access (or the ticket from the customer service rep did it's job). I can access my account this morning.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

We have exactly the same issue with the MSC Cruises website and despite reporting it to them, there appears to be little to no interest to fix it, as they have deliberately applied this website barrier for users.

Therefore, as in our case if you have purchased your trip from a different country than you live in, which is the case for us, then the bug will kick in and make it impossible for you to use the customer platform for e-ticket processing, tour bookings, etc.

If the airlines applied the same logic to their customer websites, it would for sure not go well with the customer base and it would be fixed in less than 24 hours..........fail to understand the logic by MSC Cruises, creating a bad start and experience for your next cruise trip!  

MSC Cruises Screen Error 09JUN2023.jpg

• 4 months later...

It appears that once your cruise has ended, using the booking number doesn't work/becomes invalid.

One of the many frustrations from a cruise line that could vault much higher if it didn't have so many hiccups.

• 2 months later...

I haven't sailed yet but just received word that my upgrade bid was accepted. Now I can't login and am getting that same crazy error. 

I can access my booking with my confirmation number, but it only shows the itinerary and nothing else. 

Forgot my password today and had to change it. Went back on the website to login with new password and got the “wrong country” error message. I was able to book an excursion through the app, but the confirmation email I received was in Italian. Called MSC for web technical support. Was told MSC has been experiencing web issues and to try again later. Soooo, will try again later 🤷🏻‍♀️

I just booked a cruise last night. In the past, a conformation e-mail was sent automatically, but evidently no more. I called MSC this morning, and got a wonderful lady, Lisa, who quickly e-mailed the conformation papers. Very impressed with their customer service this time. It hasn't always been that way.

17 hours ago, jengamom said:

Forgot my password today and had to change it. Went back on the website to login with new password and got the “wrong country” error message. I was able to book an excursion through the app, but the confirmation email I received was in Italian. Called MSC for web technical support. Was told MSC has been experiencing web issues and to try again later. Soooo, will try again later 🤷🏻‍♀️

I had the exact same thing happen with my excursion confirmation in Italian and this was back at the beginning of December.  Maybe sure the excursion is listed on your eDocs after you complete checkin 30 days before sailing.

Edited by PistolPete13

It's almost predictable now.

We booked another cruise last night and now get the wrong country error when we try to login on the web.  Our upcoming cruise does show correctly on the app, so that's good.

Based on my experience last time, login will be back to normal in a few days. It's still frustrating though.