[Targeted] New AMEX Offer - Spend $1,000 with Celebrity get 35,000 Membership Rewards Points

Cruise Gopher

Check your AMEX offers, I just got a new one loaded today for spend $1,000 get 35,000 MR Points. This was on my AMEX Platinum Card. 

Just a reminder that these offers are targeted and not everyone will have this same offer. Some offers may be different and some people will not have them at all. 

F52B0646-2F09-4CA3-91FC-746CB06B177A.thumb.jpeg.6a703b7f2b4331cfb8aec37f8271f9d1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Hi - the offer on mine is $500 for 17,500; i made a deposit last night for $200 that is pending. Do you think this will be included? Offer wasn't there last night when I booked of course.

Edited by LMaxwell

23 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Can you turn the membership points into cash back on your card?  I got the offer, but I don't use my Amex card often.

I believe it depends which card you have, I can only speak for the Plat card.  Generally speaking, paying yourself back is one of the worst use of points and transferring to a travel partner with offer is the way to go...

Here are the Plat options and an example of travel partner bonus:

image.png.d56be0ba16200401de42ea9946e1b628.png

image.thumb.png.32f171684054b0332653634e1aa5bd8e.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

That is why mine shows, too.  I’m happy enough with that!  It’s just my upcoming Celebrity cruise is all paid off.  

I think you can buy OBC which should be totally refundable. We've done that in the past and gotten cash from Guest Services to use in ports.

Not sure if this still works.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Hi - the offer on mine is $500 for 17,500; i made a deposit last night for $200 that is pending. Do you think this will be included? Offer wasn't there last night when I booked of course.

I realize I stand corrected as it does say "one OR MORE" so it would appear your $200 counts towards the $500 min

Thanks for the heads up.  I got this one on plat card.  The fine print does say I cannot use it for onboard transactions, so be sure to read carefully if you have an upcoming cruise.  We sail in Feb and I was thinking I would book something onboard.  Might call TA instead.

Screenshot_20230103_082550_Amex.jpg

Edited by ehall

Thanks for the heads up.  I got this one on plat card.  The fine print does say I cannot use it for onboard transactions, so be sure to read carefully if you have an upcoming cruise.  We sail in Feb and I was thinking I would book something onboard.  Might call TA instead.

Edited by ehall

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I realize I stand corrected as it does say "one OR MORE" so it would appear your $200 counts towards the $500 min

I may need to call Celeb though as I made payment last night, NO offer on the card, and now the charge is pending but I added the offer today.  I think you are right on the spend; I can always make another "chunk" payment I suppose in order to secure the points.  🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, ehall said:

I wonder if I can buy OBC, and use that to book a future cruise onboard

As I understand it, OBC cannot be used to book a future cruise…however…on our last cruise we had $200 refundable OBC, so we booked a future cruise with $100 deposit each which was charged to my credit card. The refundable OBC was refunded back to that same card. So in essence, I was able to use OBC for our future cruise purchase.

We have an upcoming cruise that’s paid in full. I’m going to buy OBC with this Amex offer and use some of it for future cruise deposit and the rest, I hope to get back as cash from guest services to use for additional tips.

Just now, gotta cruise again said:

As I understand it, OBC cannot be used to book a future cruise…however…on our last cruise we had $200 refundable OBC, so we booked a future cruise with $100 deposit each which was charged to my credit card. The refundable OBC was refunded back to that same card. So in essence, I was able to use OBC for our future cruise purchase.

We have an upcoming cruise that’s paid in full. I’m going to buy OBC with this Amex offer and use some of it for future cruise deposit and the rest, I hope to get back as cash from guest services to use for additional tips.

Thanks.  Good to know.  I will book through TA and use the offer.  I think the only difference in onboard is reduced deposit.  Our TA gives extra OBC.

1 minute ago, ehall said:

Thanks.  Good to know.  I will book through TA and use the offer.  I think the only difference in onboard is reduced deposit.  Our TA gives extra OBC.

I have never used a TA yet I just want to point out one needs to make sure Celebrity charges the card to receive the offer.  If the TA charge your AMEX for themself to the TA company you wouldn't receive the offer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ehall said:

‘We’re new to Celebrity so I have limited experience: when we booked the future cruise, they placed the cruise with my current TA. We then got our usual perks from our TA. 

You might want to check with your TA to see how they handle cruise booked onboard that are then credited to that agent.

Wow.  US deals are so much better than the UK ones.

At the moment we have £150 credit against £1000 spend on Celebrity.  Seems to be an annual thing as took advantage of this for part payments last year for our Nov-22 cruise and so will use it again for our Jan-25 one.    If things pan out, should be able to use this next year too 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Nope you have to make the charge AFTER you add the offer. 

Now that you have added the offer just charge another $500 as a payment towards your cruise and it will trigger the offer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chamima said:

I think you can buy OBC which should be totally refundable. We've done that in the past and gotten cash from Guest Services to use in ports.

Not sure if this still works.

Yes this will work. As should pre-purchased shore excursions, bev packages, Wi-Fi packages etc. 

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

I may need to call Celeb though as I made payment last night, NO offer on the card, and now the charge is pending but I added the offer today.  I think you are right on the spend; I can always make another "chunk" payment I suppose in order to secure the points.  🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Nope you have to make the charge AFTER you add the offer. 

Now that you have added the offer just charge another $500 as a payment towards your cruise and it will trigger the offer. 

FWIW, I agree with cruise gopher's conclusion.

• Like 1