2023 Where are they now? Officers & crew.

casofilia

EPIC SENIOR OFFICERS: posted by graphiguy 6 October 2023

Captain:  Idar Hoydal

Staff Captain:  Marin Dobrila

General Manager:  Amir Tikvesa

Assistant General Manager:  Dia Ambida

Food and Beverage Director:  Prejith Sukumalan

Cruise Director: Daniel Dornas

Executive Housekeeper:  Cesar Benedit

Beverage Manager:  Petrus Emilaire

Guest Services Manager:  Katherine Quiestas-Kabiling

Executive Chef:  Orwill Saldanha

Restaurant Manager:  Dino Hadzimahovic

Cruise Next Manager:  Melissa DeBeer

JEWEL  Senior Officers posted by Rob_H on 6& 8th of October 2023:

Captain:  Vicente Amicone

Staff Captain:  Mikko Kovalainen

Chief Engineer:  Igor Sanje

General Manager:  Hannah Han

Food and Beverage Director:  Fabrice De Cotte

Acting Cruise Director:  Robert Deane

Guest Services Manager:  Charlyn Pacilla

Executive Housekeeper:  Eric De Lon

• Like 1

JOY Senior Officers as of 11 October 2023 posted by BirdTravels:

Captain:  Hakan Svedung

Staff Captain:  Stijepo Jokic

Chief Engineer:  Patrik Olofsson

General Manager:  Richardo Pineheiro

Assistant General Manager:  Alvina Arhanase

Guest Services Manager:  Giannina Pedraza

Cruise Director:  Jake Laflin

Food and Beverage Director:  Gilbert Pardesni

Restaurant Manager:  Gautam Pardesni

Executive Chef:  Savio Da Silva

Beverage Manager:  Jing Chen

On 9/30/2023 at 6:08 PM, cruiservictor said:

A slight correction to what I posted above. Vincent did leave today, but Jake will come onboard next Wednesday 10/4 in Quebec City. Assistant CD Mady will act as CD until then. 

I guess that Vincent "will see us when he sees us."  somewhere else.

• Haha 1

Not finding a "recent" list of Prima's senior ship team, bridge & hotel, CD, etc. onboard, first 2 sailings next month apparently not holding M&G but going to put out a message to them for any useful.  Got a # of CC old-timers on the TA, some in Haven & info should be helpful ahead, as long as some aren't going on vacation soon.  Not much info lately.  TIA.

Wonder if anyone remembers Yannis Kazalis. He was a food & beverage director in the 20-teens. Very personable and seemed to be visible everywhere onboard. But haven't seen his name since covid. Is he still with Norwegian? 

12 minutes ago, Eggs2Go said:

Wonder if anyone remembers Yannis Kazalis. He was a food & beverage director in the 20-teens. Very personable and seemed to be visible everywhere onboard. But haven't seen his name since covid. Is he still with Norwegian? 

No, Yannis has not been with NCL in a number of years (pre Covid).  I believe that he is still with MSC as a Hotel Director. I see his name on another social media website frequently.

• Like 1

@mking8288

You will be lucky to find them as there was no List given in the Freestyle Daily and there was no M&G.

We were there three months ago; Roger Gustavsen was Master; and Zater Dal was GM,     Vikram Mohindra was F&B.   Will Fishburn was Future Cruise.

April Anne Acosta was the EXCELLENT  GM's Secretary

• Thanks 1

Any info on the Sky? We sail Dec 11th.

All positive comments on Steve Jacobsen are 100% accurate. We met him several years ago and have followed his career with great enthusiasm .

Haven't seen any mention of Brian Walters, I believe still on the Sun after 50! Years with NCL .

Also a special mention for Richard Mattic, our CD on the Sun for YVR to MIA via Panama canal. I believe he is currently on the Blss.

Please let me know.

Thanks Diane and Wayne 

On 10/22/2023 at 2:57 PM, gerry1.10 said:

Encore latest officers? Anybody?

Crew member changes should take place on the 29th of October in Seattle and more when they reach San Pedro.  Large crew changes are made at the beginning and end of each cruise season.

7 hours ago, Canwecruisenow said:

Haven't seen any mention of Brian Walters, I believe still on the Sun after 50! Years with NCL .

Was on the sun Oct 11 - 20.  Brian Walters was indeed still on board and very front and center.  Impressive work history for sure.20231026_141644.thumb.jpg.26b9b2817b06b857fc0e1a57b724e1d8.jpg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, cruiservictor said:

My understanding is that he is no longer with the company. Was one of the best. 

I won't post it here, but I do find reference to him taking a position in May 2022 with a company in Oregon (where he was from) by doing a quick Google search.  He was the CD on my first NCL cruise, I thought he was fantastic!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hallux said:

I won't post it here, but I do find reference to him taking a position in May 2022 with a company in Oregon (where he was from) by doing a quick Google search.  He was the CD on my first NCL cruise, I thought he was fantastic!  

You are right. He is in Oregon and I believe he works for Asante. Thats the latest info I had from him last year (2022). Have not heard anything different this year.

1 minute ago, FlGoodShips said:

Do you remember when Silas Cook worked with Andre Gaffney (no longer with NCL either)?

Two of the best🏆🏆

Silas was the best CD I ever saw. Not just the events he would do but his presence around the ship. He was everywhere helping with everything and made you feel like he was your personal cruise director. We just did a 10 day cruise in August and did not see the CD a single time. If the travel was too much NCL should have given him a land based position overseeing the CD program. 

• Like 1