Royal Caribbean Math question

I am lookig at a cruise on RCL's website. The total fare for 3 daults and 1 child is below. Shouldn't the total price be Subtotal + Taxes/Fees? 

Cruise fare
$13,132.00
Discounts (4)
Flash Sale Instant Savings
$-550.00
30% Savings NRD
$-792.00
30% off and Kids Sail Free
$-7,013.00
Balc Suite NRD
$-678.00
Subtotal
$4,099.00
Taxes & fees
$569.24
Due today $1,000
 Total Price $8,733.24 USD
$1,000.00
$8,733.24 USD
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, robtx100 said:

I am lookig at a cruise on RCL's website. The total fare for 3 daults and 1 child is below. Shouldn't the total price be Subtotal + Taxes/Fees? 

Cruise fare
$13,132.00
Discounts (4)
Flash Sale Instant Savings
$-550.00
30% Savings NRD
$-792.00
30% off and Kids Sail Free
$-7,013.00
Balc Suite NRD
$-678.00
Subtotal
$4,099.00
Taxes & fees
$569.24
Due today $1,000
 Total Price $8,733.24 USD
$1,000.00
$8,733.24 USD

Sometimes the math on the summary page is a bit funky.  Try looking at the cost by selecting "view pricing by guest."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. With the price per person breakout, I lose over $4,000 in discounts. I think it must be a glitch in their system that is showing additional discounts on the summary that are not really there. Would have been too good of a deal to pass up. 

4 hours ago, robtx100 said:

Thanks. With the price per person breakout, I lose over $4,000 in discounts. I think it must be a glitch in their system that is showing additional discounts on the summary that are not really there. Would have been too good of a deal to pass up. 

I am assuming that this is one cabin?  The balcony discount is wrong.  Very very very wrong.

14 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am assuming that this is one cabin?  The balcony discount is wrong.  Very very very wrong.

That's not the balcony discount that you are thinking of.  It's a discount for a non refundable booking not the C&A balcony discount. 

Pricing is still messed up...especially the 30%  

17 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

The math only matters with the bottom line number, not the funky details.  If that final number is acceptable, buy it. 

So, you just accept the numbers and not interested in the details.🤪

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While the search has improved on the latest version of the RCI site, there are still better sites out there to do that.

Yes, but many of the sites do not recognize certain promo codes.  Also, as long as I know what some of the quirks are I'm ok. 

• Thanks 1

I am only concerned with bottom line UNLESS  one provider is also offering some nice perks that another is not.  I don't really understand all of the different items in the pricing, but I do know that when  I had payed for a 4 cabin family cruise that was canceled by RCCL due to Covid, the refund to me kept coming in bits and pieces over the course of several weeks, with each portion having a different designation.  I eventually received all of the money I had paid.  In some ways it is like buying a car with all of the different charges/discounts for various equipment packages and rebate incentives.  At least, to me it is.

• Thanks 1