New TVs on Zaandam- They’re here

Cruise NH

13 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Do you know of other cruise lines that charge for cabin fridge's?

Nope non to my knowledge .  Why does HAL charge for a fridge in these cacin classes ? imo self defeating  as they will sell less alcohol 

So how, exactly, did this string migrate from new Zaandam TV deployment to fridges?  They are different appliances people.  Different topics.  Number of plugs per cabin is also a different topic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Any info on where these tvs are located for the Vista suites on deck 6? Is it in the livingroom area on the shelf where the old tv was? Or is it flush mounted in the dark wood panel (as above photo shows) which is located at the foot of the bed? Hubby and I battle over the tv all the time. I like to go to bed early and he loves his tv. We both enjoyed the set up on the Zaandam last cruise where the tv was in the livingroom and I could go to bed and pull the curtain between us.

9 hours ago, tartanmom said:

Any info on where these tvs are located for the Vista suites on deck 6? Is it in the livingroom area on the shelf where the old tv was? Or is it flush mounted in the dark wood panel (as above photo shows) which is located at the foot of the bed? Hubby and I battle over the tv all the time. I like to go to bed early and he loves his tv. We both enjoyed the set up on the Zaandam last cruise where the tv was in the livingroom and I could go to bed and pull the curtain between us.

As far as I know they will all be in the frame at the foot of the bed.

We talked to the contractors when they were on deck 6.  They said some of the staterooms there did not have the framing in place because of earlier ‘supply chain issues’.  They were building them but I thought they finished that work the other day,

I saw some of the TV commandos on deck 3 forward, starboard side. They were a long way from where I was but I did recognize the big boxes. I first thought they were some sort of security force until I read their shirts. 😁

I imagine they wouldn’t give my room one of the huge TVs because there’s no room unless they hang it on the wall next to the sofa, but there’s no outlet there. However, once they put one in my room I will post a pic! I’m in 3405, ocean view. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, shack said:

Yes they are.

I saw someone in a Neptune suite posted before me and said it was interactive.  My definition of interactive would be if you could place orders, etc from the tv.  Also it would know who you are and give you access to your account.  Short of those two things I wouldn’t call it interactive and my tv at least doesn’t do either of those things.

if they do in the Neptune suites that’s good news that it’s coming.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Yes they are.

I saw someone in a Neptune suite posted before me and said it was interactive.  My definition of interactive would be if you could place orders, etc from the tv.  Also it would know who you are and give you access to your account.  Short of those two things I wouldn’t call it interactive and my tv at least doesn’t do either of those things.

🌺On the Koningsdam now in a Neptune Suite and you are right! Not interactive. Same TV’s. 
We can not place orders nor access our accounts.

Only on our Navigator.

Will be on the ZAANDAM after our cruise on Koningsdam . TV’s are installed on deck 6 now? 
Hope so. Have done 4 cruises on her and it was the old TV’s so small on the table.

Have a good cruise! Thanks for info.

🌺Mahalo

Denise 😊

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Yes they are.

You’re right.  I hadn’t tried to dig into the menus deeper when I posted earlier and we just did … not able to order room service either.  At least TV is “on demand”. 😉

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Will be on the ZAANDAM after our cruise on Koningsdam . TV’s are installed on deck 6 now? 

I believe so, I didn’t see them working down there today.

Here’s something funny…after this cruise on the Zaandam we’re going to be on the Koningsdam!  Going to Hawaii after a week in Arizona.

2 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

I believe so, I didn’t see them working down there today.

Here’s something funny…after this cruise on the Zaandam we’re going to be on the Koningsdam!  Going to Hawaii after a week in Arizona.

🌺So will be switching places! LOL. Thanks for the response back so soon! Enjoy your cruise

🌺Mahalo Denise😊

• Like 1

Here is the TV in the ocean view cabin. It fits on the same shelf as the old one. They still have to pair the remote to the TV, so all I get is static if I turn it on. Didn’t see any manual channel or volume buttons but there are USB ports on the side. 

827F07A9-6AAF-4AB5-B733-CB3EDE4E4367.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 1/7/2023 at 6:27 PM, AryMay said:

Fingers are crossed they get ALL of the TV's installed...not just the suites.

We are on the Jan. 21 cruise and have one of the 2 ocean view cabins on Deck 7. 

Please keep us updated, OK?!

We are in one of those OV cabins now. The new tv was installed yesterday and is working. Unfortunately it sits on the desk and takes up almost 2/3 of the space.

14 minutes ago, Divi said:

We are in one of those OV cabins now. The new tv was installed yesterday and is working. Unfortunately it sits on the desk and takes up almost 2/3 of the space.

Thanks for the update! 

I have seen a YouTube video tour of the cabin and know it is kind of an oddball layout. I  wondered where the new TV would end up. I assume both 83 and 86 are set up the same? (Which cabin are you in?)

I know my DH will enjoy the movies on demand (which I hope is a feature). I think the desk space would have been more to my liking. 

Edited by AryMay

3 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

Here is the TV in the ocean view cabin. It fits on the same shelf as the old one.

Glad to see it on the shelf, and hope the inside cabins have them installed in the same place. Up and out of the way, yet easy to watch from the couch. Perfect placement. 

Thanks for the info and picture. 

• Like 1

The usb ports are almost impossible to access on the wall mounted sets.  Thin hands and patience would be needed…along with someone to hold a light.  Very inconvenient, I wish they had thought to buy sets with access from the bottom.

They came today with the new remote, it’s much more responsive than the one to the old tv (although it did work).

14 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

The usb ports are almost impossible to access on the wall mounted sets.  Thin hands and patience would be needed…along with someone to hold a light.  Very inconvenient, I wish they had thought to buy sets with access from the bottom.

They came today with the new remote, it’s much more responsive than the one to the old tv (although it did work).

4 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

Here is the TV in the ocean view cabin. It fits on the same shelf as the old one. They still have to pair the remote to the TV, so all I get is static if I turn it on. Didn’t see any manual channel or volume buttons but there are USB ports on the side. 

827F07A9-6AAF-4AB5-B733-CB3EDE4E4367.jpeg

We boarded the “Z” 1 October for 80 days and had a new tv already installed ( deck 3, lower prom, aft accessible). It was an RCA/Roku similar to TV depicted.

It had two available HDMI ports and a RCA three wire import ports. The remote was a Roku ( which we use at home that had volume, channel change, etc,) and hooking a small laptop or DVD player ( for pic sorting, viewing DVD’s we’d brought, etc.) was not an issue.

The Navigator app on the TV menu did’t seem to work too well at the time but the app on the I-phones and pads (and laptop) it worked fine for accounting, menus, various reservations, etc.

Be well.

Bob