Diamond on my next cruise?

Gari

Hi all needs some help I'm going to get to diamond Don't really know how it works. I don't want to schedule something and miss one of the events. Fyi ill be on a 7 day cruise on the Legend sailing on the 22 nd of January. 

Any info would be appreciated 

16 minutes ago, Gari said:

Hi all needs some help I'm going to get to diamond Don't really know how it works. I don't want to schedule something and miss one of the events. Fyi ill be on a 7 day cruise on the Legend sailing on the 22 nd of January. 

Any info would be appreciated 

Carnival com has information about tier status . I don't think Carnival does multiple diamond events.

• Like 1

You will get an invitation to a special event with the captain.  After the restart from Covid, the captains were not allowed to attend because Carnival was limiting their exposure to guests to minimize the chance of the captain catching Covid.  Not sure if this has changed yet.

The special event is at the discretion of the captain, although corporate has given them a few typical formats to follow.  It depends on how many Diamond guests are onboard.  There are so many Diamonds nowadays, that the event is often a special lunch in the MDR.  In the past it was often a cocktail party in the Piano Bar.  When we first turned Diamond, it was not unusual to have fewer than 10 Diamonds and the events were more intimate.

• Like 1

Depending on the cruise, the Diamond Captain's party may have just 1 Diamond attending (I've been in this situation twice) just a handful for hors d ouevres and drinks, or over a 100 for a brunch and anything in between.

Enjoy, I've had some great talks with various Captains about our Italian grandmothers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomCruise48 said:

You will get an invitation to a special event with the captain.  After the restart from Covid, the captains were not allowed to attend because Carnival was limiting their exposure to guests to minimize the chance of the captain catching Covid.  Not sure if this has changed yet.

The special event is at the discretion of the captain, although corporate has given them a few typical formats to follow.  It depends on how many Diamond guests are onboard.  There are so many Diamonds nowadays, that the event is often a special lunch in the MDR.  In the past it was often a cocktail party in the Piano Bar.  When we first turned Diamond, it was not unusual to have fewer than 10 Diamonds and the events were more intimate.

The Captain attended the Diamond cocktail party on the Freedom today. Good to see them back.

• Like 2

When I turned Diamond last January, I was so excited! I knew how it was because we’ve traveled for a long time with our friends who are Diamond. Couldn’t wait to see that white card that said Diamond! First time I used it, I really don’t know what I expected, but it was just another card to the bar tender, no bells, whistles, or comments about being Diamond. A little disappointing, but that was of my own mind!  Anyway, be sure to go to the Diamond event. As others have said, it depends on how many diamonds are on board as to what kind of event it is. Our last one in November there were only 16 Diamonds, so on last sea day had a cocktail party in the piano bar, plenty of drinks (of your choice) and some good appetizers. The captain did come as did all the senior officers. Most diamonds I have noticed do the longer cruises, so 4 or 5 days won’t have as many. Congratulations on becoming Diamond!

Yeah, in Europe this Fall we mere Plats were required to sign up for alternate days rowing the ship! 😳 We'll hit Diamond in about a year. I do think Carnival needs to re-work the VIFP program but there's a thread for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

When I turned Diamond last January, I was so excited! I knew how it was because we’ve traveled for a long time with our friends who are Diamond. Couldn’t wait to see that white card that said Diamond! First time I used it, I really don’t know what I expected, but it was just another card to the bar tender, no bells, whistles, or comments about being Diamond. A little disappointing, but that was of my own mind! ...

Back "in the day" (to 2012), presenting that card often did spark a bit of a conversation. Now, for the most part, it's just another piece of plastic to them...

Tom

• Haha 1