Best way to speak to AC agent??

petuniaflower

Long story short I booked 5 flights recently and due to using some vouchers/credit I had to book all 5 separately..annoying but ok.  I check my cc this morning and I was charged 6 times (exact amount as the correct 5 charges), essentially an extra $1000xx.  Anyone know best course of action, or any specific # aside from regular?  I tried calling today and hung up after 2 hours.  I cant get the cc company to dispute the one extra charge as Im afraid it will cancel one of the correct 5 tickets, as they were all the exact same price and dont differentiate..just says AIR CAN for a 6 charges. 😞  And its a long flight with a group so we even paid for seating so I dont want to risk cancelling the incorrect charge.

I completely agree with @canadianbear

ABSOLUTELY  use Twitter. I keep a Twitter account just for complaining to the cable company or airlines. The response time is much faster, and you wind up with a written record of what was said/promised. 

• Like 1

With all of the recent airline turmoil, AC wait time is longer than normal. You might want to try calling late at night or early in the morning.

Have you gone online to look at your bookings? You should be able to figure out where that 6th booking came from, and which one they need to cancel and for which they need to provide a refund. Then, if phoning doesn't work for you, send a written request outlining your issue and what steps you would like them to take:  https://accc-prod.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-CA/air-canada-contact-us/ 

8 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Hmm, would this work to sign/see if I just made them as a guest..not thru an account?

I think that if you have bookings made as a guest, then later create an account, they should be able to link your account to those guest bookings. 

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

I completely agree with @canadianbear

ABSOLUTELY  use Twitter. I keep a Twitter account just for complaining to the cable company or airlines. The response time is much faster, and you wind up with a written record of what was said/promised. 

Similarly, I created a twitter account during Covid as a way to message Transat and Sunwing as we had holidays with each when the Covid hit. It was the easiest (only) way to communicate at that time and with very good response times.

2 hours ago, broberts said:

If you go to My Bookings you can enter the booking reference / ticket number and last name.

Yes, I have 5 booking references/tickets #s but 6 charges on my cc, and on the cc it doesnt specify booking #s, just says AIR CAN..so when I look them up they look fine..but I was charged 6 times for the exact amount instead of 5.

I will create a twitter account and try that 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Yes, I have 5 booking references/tickets #s but 6 charges on my cc, and on the cc it doesnt specify booking #s, just says AIR CAN..so when I look them up they look fine..but I was charged 6 times for the exact amount instead of 5.

I will create a twitter account and try that 🙂

Good luck.

You  could also just go through your Credit Card as a dispute against the charge.

You should be able to do a simple on-line "dispute a charge" against that 6th charge, with an explanation you have 5 tickets and 6 charges. The CC company then will contact AC to validate that charge (they would then have to show 6 tickets purchased).

• 2 months later...

Go directly to your credit card company and dispute the 6th charge.  All locators computer generated.  Btw airline credit card company, they will know exactly which locator got duplicated and charged twice.   Agent will not be able to do a refund.  It needs to be the credit card.   Normally, when the ticket is issued, email with Locator is sent to the email address on file.  Did you receive six emails or 5.