No more Sierra Mist!

tpooleinjax

Interesting, I am not a huge fan of Sierra Mist either so maybe this will be better.  Sprite is my favorite with 7up a close 2nd.

I do mocktails of Cranberry/Sprite, Pineapple/Sprite, Sprite/shot of cherry (yes Shirley Temple), and my favorite is Sprite/Pineapple/Shot of Cherry.  So maybe this will make them a little better.

• Like 1

I used to take either Sprite or Sierra Mist with my vodka (based on what line I was on, and which brand they were carrying, that year!)

Now, I just get it with Club Soda and, as a result, don't drink them nearly as fast --- good thing!

Tom

• Haha 1

When it's in a soda fountain I really can't tell the difference between Sprite and Sierra Mist. Idk if having cans is different. (I also don't drink colas so I have no horse in that fight.)

However, do we think this means Starry will be on Carnival ships starting this week? Or worse, that there may be NO lemon-lime sodas for a while as they're dealing with this change in product/branding and getting new product from all suppliers? The latter would actually bother me since I have a cruise next week.

7 hours ago, tpooleinjax said:

Not that I was ever bothered by Serra Mist (especially after you add enough vodka) but according to Pepsi, they are discontinuing the brand and replacing it with a new lemon-lime soda called Starry.  Interesting...

Sierra Mist Is Discontinued. Meet Pepsi's New Soda to Take on Sprite (msn.com)

Hey neighbor, thanks for the info! While I don’t drink it specifically, my neighbor does with her light rum, but only because they don’t have diet sprite anymore. I’ll send her the info so she can check it out before being stuck with it on a cruise!

• Like 1

Pepsi products + mixed drinks= YUCK!!!!  🤣😁🤣 Never since the beginning of time has anyone walked into a bar and said:  Rum and Pepsi please!  Seven and Mountain Dew!   I'm conflicted, as we are cruising with a Cheers! promotion, but can't stomach the idea of Crown and Pepsi 😭 So lot's of martinis, tequila sunrises and salty dogs and "neat" drinks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tweak89 said:

Pepsi products + mixed drinks= YUCK!!!!  🤣😁🤣 Never since the beginning of time has anyone walked into a bar and said:  Rum and Pepsi please!  Seven and Mountain Dew!   I'm conflicted, as we are cruising with a Cheers! promotion, but can't stomach the idea of Crown and Pepsi 😭 So lot's of martinis, tequila sunrises and salty dogs and "neat" drinks.

I would prefer Sprite, but Sierra Mist and orange juice doesn't taste terrible.  I order a virgin mimosa at the diamond and platinum party before ordering a peach smoothie.  I don't know what a Sierra Mist mimosa would taste like if you added alcohol.  I don't drink alcohol.

9 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Sierra Mist changed formula at some point. It was good now it's ugh. I hope Starry is better , but it's probably just a name change and a stupid one at that.

No I didn't read the article , but cranberry sierra most was tasty.

I loved the cranberry sierra mist.

Laura

4 hours ago, tweak89 said:

Mountain Dew is not the same as 7-Up, so you're right, no one WOULD say 7&Dew.  But yeah, from years of running a bar, I assure you people do order Rum and Pepsi all the time, and probably half the time you order rum and coke (and it comes from a gun), you're getting Pepsi anyway.

Oh, and if you can taste the difference between coke and Pepsi in your crown, you've got way too much cola.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

Well, my go-to drink is Sprite zero and Tito's. So we made do with the diet Sierra Mist and Tito's. I hope there's something close in diet form. I can not have all the sugar. 2 days to wait see.

Starry is available in regular and zero sugar.  This zero sugar I have right here tastes an awful lot like sprite zero.  Now whether they have it on board or not, who knows?

Edited by CajunOyster

7 minutes ago, CajunOyster said:

Starry is available in regular and zero sugar.  This zero sugar I have right here tastes an awful lot like sprite zero.  Now whether they have it on board or not, who knows?

Interesting.  I like sprite zero too.  I'll see if they have it on ship  this Saturday.

11 hours ago, tweak89 said:

When we have Cheers I very rarely drink anything mixed with just plain soda. Too many other choices to be that limiting. 

Just now, CajunOyster said:

Good liquor doesn't need to be diluted. Too bad Carnival doesn't have enough liquor of that sort.

I've never been able to tolerate the taste of plain liquor, probably because I don't care enough to spend the money on the good stuff.