How Soon & where can I find the Maitre d upon boarding

eltigre

This cruise  I would really appreciate a table for 2 by a window. No whining, just would like a nice table. How soon can I find out our seating location in Anytime Dinning and then meet or speak to the Maitre d. I understand if you are coming at a regular time and earlier in the evening you can often get the same location.

Anyone have experience? We are on the Panorama in Feb.  Thanks

You aren't give a set table for anytime dining.  Your table is assigned when you check in.

You can ask for a window by the table when you arrive but it isn't guaranteed, and you may (or may not) be sat in that table next time. Usually in the same area, but not always.

We just always ask for a table for 2 by a window each time we arrive, and if we had a server we REALLY liked we ask for them by name.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, eltigre said:

This cruise  I would really appreciate a table for 2 by a window. No whining, just would like a nice table. How soon can I find out our seating location in Anytime Dinning and then meet or speak to the Maitre d. I understand if you are coming at a regular time and earlier in the evening you can often get the same location.

Anyone have experience? We are on the Panorama in Feb.  Thanks

Doesn't work that way.  You can have the stability of an assigned table, or the flexibility to dine at any time.  Pick exactly one.

Edited by CajunOyster
  • Like 2

This is a situation of 'firt-come-first-served'. Sign up for the Dine Anytime. If you get there20 minutes before the dinning room opens, and are willing wait to be first in line, (which is what I do) you can be seated wherever you want. No problem. I always get a table for two by a window. Beware that the beautiful sunsets can become blinding though, when your fellow diners don't want the drapes closed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

With anytime dining, you don't have a reserved table. You check in when you're ready to eat, and get a table when you get there. Just note that in a lot of cases, the tables for 2 aren't by the window.

They're also in high demand.  The OP isn't the only person that "just would like a nice table. "

Edit: I think they MAY also keep a few 2-tops set aside for special needs too.  Case in point - my wife sailed on Victory a few years back with a broken leg.  She couldn't bend at the knee and her leg "stuck out" into the aisle.  They moved us to a 2-top in a corner where her leg wouldn't get bumped or stepped on by other diners or wait staff.

Edited by CajunOyster

Our experience on the Panorama the last couple of times is that the tables by the window were usually tables for 8 people.  Most of the 2-person tables were closer to the aisles.   It may have changed though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, window tables are routinely 8 tops. I do remember being seated at a very nice 4 top (just the 2 of us) on Miracle about a year back. We had that table every night of the cruise.  Too bad Carnival can't make any money when ships are at 40%!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bollycats said:

We were excited about window seats on our last cruise until we realized it's dark and you can't see anything anyway.

I grab food from the buffet , goto my interior room and pretend I have the best window seat in the MDR. Lights off of course.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, pinklucky61 said:

Just my obsevation, but seems like only large tables next to windows.

I haven't been on the Panorama, but the deck plans show 2-tops next to windows.  Not many, but a few.

There were definitely some on the older Triumph class ships.

Edited by CajunOyster
  • Like 2

A lot depends on the ship.  Some ships have the big tables lined up by the windows for the most part.  Others have 2 tops - 3 wide (the ones that are like 4-6" apart), but still 2 top.  Some have a 4 top, then a 2 top or two.

All depends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CajunOyster said:

I haven't been on the Panorama, but the deck plans show 2-tops next to windows.  Not many, but a few.

There were definitely some on the older Triumph class ships.

Never thought to look at the deck plans. Didn't know they would be actual seating diagrams.

21 minutes ago, CajunOyster said:

I think that's whining.  The rules said no whining.

Complaining that you can't get a table for 2 by the window would be whining. And FWIW, they don't appear to be enforcing the "no whining" rule on this board. It's like 80% of the posts. 😄

4 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Complaining that you can't get a table for 2 by the window would be whining. And FWIW, they don't appear to be enforcing the "no whining" rule on this board. It's like 80% of the posts. 😄

I was being facetious.  The OP somehow thinks they're more entitled to an extremely scarce table than the 3000 other people on the ship and prefaces that entitlement with "no whining!"

• Like 2