How to add internet for child (3rd passenger)

lindsaygal

Me and my husband both have Princess Plus for our next cruise but our son does not have the package. Is it possible to add internet for only the third passenger? If so, how do I go about adding internet for only one specific passenger in a cabin?

12 minutes ago, lindsaygal said:

Me and my husband both have Princess Plus for our next cruise but our son does not have the package. Is it possible to add internet for only the third passenger? If so, how do I go about adding internet for only one specific passenger in a cabin?

can your 3 people not 'share' 2 unlimited internet packages? 'any 2 devices could be connected at all times.

4 hours ago, lindsaygal said:

Probably can have your son share the Internet with you or your husband? As long as both you and your husband have the package your son can use the Internet as long as either your husband or you are not on the Internet?  Is the princess plus package for one device? 

I’m sure you can add Internet privileges for your son,but of course you will probably pay more for it. You don’t say how old your son is ,is he going to need Internet 24 /seven and are you and your husband going to need Internet 24 /seven. Some people on princess report the Internet speeds are terrible and some are  not having a problem .so I think that take away is just because you have the Internet in your princess plus package doesn’t mean that you’ll be able to connect every time you want to. 

I am sure more can chime in on this. If you have the four device plan ,probably not an issue but I’m not sure what princess plus offers 

maybe  you’re on a special rate and it only allows passengers one and two to have princess plus / and internet and not the third ?

Edited by arizonaperson

Options:

1) add Plus to 3rd Passenger

2) one of the adults upgrades to multi device plan 

3) log on to the App as passenger 3 using booking number, name and DOB and purchase 1 device through the app.

4) once onboard log on to medallion.net using passenger 3 DOB and purchase 1 device plan 

5)  once onboard visit the Internet Cafe and ask for assistance in purchasing for passenger 3. 
6) passenger 1 or 2 can share internet access with passenger 3.  Only 1 device at a time can be logged in as passenger 1 & 2 but it doesn't matter which device so as long as only 2 people in the cabin are logged on at any one time you will have all the access you need.

• Like 2

The "per device" is actually a "per login" where one can be logged into the system on only one device at a time.  That device can be a phone, laptop, Kindle, or Internet Cafe computer - the issue is that only one can be active with your login credentials.

I am pretty sure that logging into someone else's credentials using the Medallion app might not work. So your son might not be able to use his phone with your credentials, but needs to use your phone if you are trying to "share".  Other devices ... who knows?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Times Prince said:

I am pretty sure that logging into someone else's credentials using the Medallion app might not work. So your son might not be able to use his phone with your credentials, but needs to use your phone if you are trying to "share".  Other devices ... who knows?

If the son logs in using their own credentials then they need their own internet  plan.But sharing the internet access of passenger 1 or passenger 2 is no problem.

When passenger 1 or passenger 2 logs in the system doesn’t care which device they are using. For example passenger 1 can log in as themselves using their phone, then switch to their iPad, then log in at the Internet cafe,  then they can switch to child’s device.  Each time passenger 1 or 2 logs on as themselves if another device is already logged on as them the system will ask if they want to disconnect the device that is currently logged on and switch to the new one they are logging in with. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lindsaygal said:

We just bought it onboard for 80$ 8 nights cruise. Go to Medallion desk and they will do it for you.

5 hours ago, Times Prince said:

... who knows?

I know and @Shelly97060 knows in Post #7.  Your presumption is incorrect.  Anyone can sign-in to MedallionNet if they know the login credentials of any valid user and that valid user is not already maxed out on their device limit.  Login is Cabin Nbr and Birthdate.

• Like 1